Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

If it's about them mailing a card to a woman who died 5 years ago, it was also in the Tribune. But to be fair to them though they're not the first to mail something to someone who's deceased so we're kind of grasping at straws and piling on again with this one....

I previously said that the headline was deceptive, and the article was only proof that the RTA has started to mail out the senior passes.

Posted

Just raked through my transit history for the rare occasions that I went pay as you go in between refilling my usual 7 day.... And I noticed that back in september on routes 79, 95E, 87 and 29 (i got on at 79th) my ventra charged me full price on most of those rides instead of my discount for the Red Line South. I wonder how many people got that problem?

  • Upvote 1
Posted

Just raked through my transit history for the rare occasions that I went pay as you go in between refilling my usual 7 day.... And I noticed that back in september on routes 79, 95E, 87 and 29 (i got on at 79th) my ventra charged me full price on most of those rides instead of my discount for the Red Line South. I wonder how many people got that problem?

My understanding of the discount was that it applied to "cash" or transit cards with trips or boardings south of 63rd. Since I can't see your history, my question would be if there was a corresponding north-south ride to your east west rides? For instance, if you took 87th and it charged you a full fare, was your next ride (transfer) to a 29? If so, I would suppose that nothing else should've been deducted, hence your 50 cent discount. If that was not the case, then there definitely was a problem and you should contact CTA.

Posted

The squawk du jour (I saw on WGN, but the source is Crain's) is that Chase is complaining that Ventra is taking deductions off its Blink debit card, but those deductions are authorized only if a PIN is provided.

....

Update: I see it reported that Hinz retracted the post, and MarioM has the tweet below to that effect.

Posted

Today I was online checking my Ventra account this afternoon and I got this on my 3 rides I Took this morning saying Pending Trip Pricing. and secondly the machine did not work when I tried to refilled my money to my Ventra Card today and this my first time happening.

Posted

Moving Forward indicates that Pace will have some events where one can obtain a Ventra card for free, with $2 of transit value loaded on it, provided that the person provides identification and fills out a Pace supplied registration form. Also, transfer cards will be issued until July 1, and while mag stripe pass sales will be cut off by Nov. 18, they will still be accepted until July 1. The deadline for converting Student Haul Passes has been put off for a month.

The article also referred to more suburban outlets for Ventra cards than for Pace passes, but CTA media were generally accepted by Pace before, so that probably isn't a valid comparison.

Posted

Today I was online checking my Ventra account this afternoon and I got this on my 3 rides I Took this morning saying Pending Trip Pricing. and secondly the machine did not work when I tried to refilled my money to my Ventra Card today and this my first time happening.

Seems now I can't get into my ventra account even though I wrote the name and password down. Now I'm going to have to trace down the startup date because I don't know when the pass expires offhand. Tonight I was noticing riders being waived past a ventra on the #54. The ventra seemed to go into a reboot mode and about a mile later it was back on. It gave the double stop tone. Don't know if it was read ing a card all that long or not. CTA seems to be not only losing rail fare but bus fares too

Posted

Seems now I can't get into my ventra account even though I wrote the name and password down. Now I'm going to have to trace down the startup date because I don't know when the pass expires offhand. Tonight I was noticing riders being waived past a ventra on the #54. The ventra seemed to go into a reboot mode and about a mile later it was back on. It gave the double stop tone. Don't know if it was read ing a card all that long or not. CTA seems to be not only losing rail fare but bus fares too

A fun video for you to enjoy:

http://instagram.com/p/gwb-fUi58L/#

Posted

That's just plain disgusting. Not liking the new system is one thing, but spewing your germ riddled fluids on property used by the rest of the public is crossing the line.

I really doubt that the machine is that sanitary to begin with.

I'm sure the last thing last night's subject on the CTA Tattler was worried about was picking up some germs.

Posted

Anybody seen a double credit to their ventra account for auto-reload? I had two on the same day, within 30 minutes of each other. Sadly, it wasn't a freebie, as my credit card also was double charged. All is fine on my account, i.e. my balance was correctly credited.

Since the description shows it as a back office credit, I am wondering if the auto-reload is a manual process, done by a person, and may be error-prone.....

  • Upvote 1
Posted

Anybody seen a double credit to their ventra account for auto-reload? I had two on the same day, within 30 minutes of each other. Sadly, it wasn't a freebie, as my credit card also was double charged. All is fine on my account, i.e. my balance was correctly credited.

Since the description shows it as a back office credit, I am wondering if the auto-reload is a manual process, done by a person, and may be error-prone.....

If you order a pass manually it still shoes as back office. In October, auto reload did not happen for my pass. In November, it worked just fine.

  • Upvote 1
Posted

I thought Hilkevitch was going to bring up the old Transit Benefits problems, but he has 3 new ones:

  • Someone got charged for 2 passes at once, one on her paycheck and another on a credit card. Not sure of the mechanics of that.
  • There is some hidden fee on benefits administrators in the Transit Benefits contract, but Todd Stroger friend Steve Mayberry tries to talk around it.
  • Probably worse of all: For some unfathomable reason, CTA set up a transit benefit plan in competition with the RTA's. Why don't the incompetent fools at CTA set up a competing senior ride program, too?
Posted

I really doubt that the machine is that sanitary to begin with.

I'm sure the last thing last night's subject on the CTA Tattler was worried about was picking up some germs.

Granted, but that still does not negate it being disgusting and over the line. Those things are already germified enough just from the multiple numbers of hands touching it throughout the day without having some moron's spittle added to the mix. And what does the troubled "goddess" have to do with anything outside of being another mentally troubled soul making a spectacle of herself on a CTA vehicle?

Posted

...And what does the troubled "goddess" have to do with anything outside of being another mentally troubled soul making a spectacle of herself on a CTA vehicle?

She might have left or picked up an infection. So for the people in the Hobo's Corner, or the people who otherwise force the CTA to engage in "deep clean" occasionally.

I guess that anything associated with Ventra now needs to be sterilized, as well as fixed.

Posted

Anybody seen a double credit to their ventra account for auto-reload? I had two on the same day, within 30 minutes of each other. Sadly, it wasn't a freebie, as my credit card also was double charged. All is fine on my account, i.e. my balance was correctly credited.

Since the description shows it as a back office credit, I am wondering if the auto-reload is a manual process, done by a person, and may be error-prone.....

This is why I stress to everyone... reload manually!!! Jewel, Dominick's(what remains)... heck I'm sure places like Mariano's and even Wal-Mart are getting Ventra reloading equipment in their stores(if not now, very soon...). Leave auto-reload off and do it at a retailer outlet.

Anyone still disagree??? heyyou82 has proof as to why you should... and this was yesterday, so very recently.

As far as boarding buses, using Ventra at rail stations.... pull your card and hold it for three seconds at the reader. Don't hold your wallet/purse up there to read directly from there. If any Credit/Debit Cards in there are contactless, the Ventra reader might be picking up them instead of the Ventra Card. I won't feel remorse for you if you continue this practice. CTA and Ventra won't be to blame for your negligence in this instance... it's all on you for this one.

Posted

This is why I stress to everyone... reload manually!!! Jewel, Dominick's(what remains)... heck I'm sure places like Mariano's and even Wal-Mart are getting Ventra reloading equipment in their stores(if not now, very soon...). Leave auto-reload off and do it at a retailer outlet.

....

There is the "Find a Ventra retailer" at the bottom of the Ventra home page. Mostly CVS and some currency exchanges. Occasional Jewel and mom & pop stores, but not of the other types mentioned above.

And, as I mentioned earlier, much fewer stores once you get into the suburbs.

Posted

There is the "Find a Ventra retailer" at the bottom of the Ventra home page. Mostly CVS and some currency exchanges. Occasional Jewel and mom & pop stores, but not of the other types mentioned above.

And, as I mentioned earlier, much fewer stores once you get into the suburbs.

Wal-Mart's are all over the IL suburbs, Busjack. And they just want to do everything and put everyone out of business. I'm sure they will put a bid, contract, whatever they need to do to get Ventra machines in their stores so people using public transit can buy everything at their store and reload their Ventra cards at their Customer Service Centers so they can take all their purchases home on PACE and/or CTA.

BTW: The "Find a Ventra retailer" is not complete... all Jewel stores have Ventra readers, and the one I'm at plus several others aren't even on the search.

Get on board as a Ventra Retailer

Earn additional revenue by becoming an Official Ventra Retail Location. The Ventra Card not only opens doors on trains and buses, it also opens a new way to pay that will bring customers through your doors. The Ventra Card includes a Money Network® MasterCard® Prepaid Debit Account that allows customers to make everyday purchases at your location.

Why Ventra

  • Earn 1.5% on every Ventra Card sale(Wal-Mart can get in on this)
  • Drive store foot traffic and sales(Wal-Mart would love this)
  • Free Ventra marketing and training materials
  • Support from a widespread Ventra advertising campaign
  • More than 11 million CTA transit passes were sold at retail

    locations in 2011

  • FREE Ventra terminal when you sign up today
Posted

Wal-Mart's are all over the IL suburbs, Busjack. And they just want to do everything and put everyone out of business. I'm sure they will put a bid, contract, whatever they need to do to get Ventra machines in their stores so people using public transit can buy everything at their store and reload their Ventra cards at their Customer Service Centers so they can take all their purchases home on PACE and/or CTA.

....

No, Walmart only does what makes business sense to them.* Quoting propaganda from the Ventra website doesn't mean anything to the people from Benton Ark., unless they can make their profit margin at it.

As far as taking their purchases on Pace, the Niles Free Bus stops at the 2 Walmarts in Niles. The last I heard (from someone who lives there) you don't need to have a Ventra card to ride the Niles Free Bus. Apparently she would have to go to the CVS at Greenwood and Milwaukee to get one.

_______

*Like pulling their application with the Planning Commission in Northbrook, because "they couldn't make money with a smaller store."

Posted

She might have left or picked up an infection. So for the people in the Hobo's Corner, or the people who otherwise force the CTA to engage in "deep clean" occasionally.

I guess that anything associated with Ventra now needs to be sterilized, as well as fixed.

You think you can stop quoting my comments out of context?

This is why I stress to everyone... reload manually!!! Jewel, Dominick's(what remains)... heck I'm sure places like Mariano's and even Wal-Mart are getting Ventra reloading equipment in their stores(if not now, very soon...). Leave auto-reload off and do it at a retailer outlet.

Anyone still disagree??? heyyou82 has proof as to why you should... and this was yesterday, so very recently.

As far as boarding buses, using Ventra at rail stations.... pull your card and hold it for three seconds at the reader. Don't hold your wallet/purse up there to read directly from there. If any Credit/Debit Cards in there are contactless, the Ventra reader might be picking up them instead of the Ventra Card. I won't feel remorse for you if you continue this practice. CTA and Ventra won't be to blame for your negligence in this instance... it's all on you for this one.

Ummm you can manually reload without going to a retailer or rail station. You can do so from the comfort of your own home on your home computer or workplace provided you have an internet capable smart phone.

Posted

...

Ummm you can manually reload without going to a retailer or rail station. You can do so from the comfort of your own home on your home computer or workplace provided you have an internet capable smart phone.

According to Cheryl on the CTA Tatter, that doesn't work either.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...