7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

29 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

More like when will fg put one out on a route? Interesting. I wonder if #8203 and below are still at south shops? Something may be happening soon. South shops probably doesn't want another delivery too soon. That's 11 now at ss. 

Nope, #8200 and #8203 are nowhere to be sighted. 

Nothing happening at the glen I walked the yard. Nothing here but #8197 and #8199!! #8197 still has a sign on it familiarization today. There not familiar enough with it yet? Here's a few pictures of #8197. I tried to zoom up on the familiarization sign but it's still hard to read. If you can make it out it says Familiarization today and says friday but I couldn't see what friday cause the tape fell off the paper holding it to the glass.

familiarization today.png

cta 8197 at the 3rd yard 5-16-16.PNG

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I need more time. I'm over here checking out Wilson right now. Btw, what's going on at 95th/red. Nobody says anything about it.

Why do we have 3 helicopters over wrigleyville? Maybe they saw an #8200. Breaking news!! I smell smoke. Uh oh!!

Big fire at 3300 N.Marshfield.

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Btw, what's going on at 95th/red. Nobody says anything about it.

Very little happening at 95/Red, Contractor has finished retaining wall extensions north of bus bridge (maybe 40-foot long), south of 95th retaining wall on west side of xway is done, east side one is getting close to done. These are maybe 300 foot long. Contractor has set up a materials storage yard NE corner 95/State, however nothing in it, and gas station on corner still functioning (albeit barely). Hot dog joint still sitting abandoned, as is old currency exchange. Convenience store still open, too.

2 minutes ago, i8itall4u said:

82?? was on Milwaukee @ Desplaines NB as an Instruction Bus just after noon.

Well, they're on the road for Instruction Bus sessions now. That should be #8200 or #8203. So we should start to have sightings of them on FG routes in the next few weeks.... June by the latest.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, i8itall4u said:

...how about this weekend? I see them going into service after this weekend's moves.

I like your thinking, but it takes time to get them ready..... I can't understand why it takes several weeks before they're good to go. The only thing I understand is Prevost personnel have to inspect the equipment once it arrives(that might take a few hours or days, especially if it's a big 100+ point inspection), then CTA personnel go to work installing Clever Device units, Ventra Readers and Fareboxes. Then uploading software info for the Clever Devices, Destination signs and Ventra Readers. That shouldn't take several weeks though... but that's usually the turnaround for the new equipment, even before #8194 caught fire with less than 900 miles on the odometer.

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Now I'm going to have to go to the glen cause I didn't see #82 anything two days ago.

Still nothing new at the glen. Maybe they were just taking a few new hire's out and this was the bus they were using. Both #8100's at FG had been moved since two days ago. You might just be right on this weekend being the weekend something goes in service. Although I'm beginning to think #8200 may be the first one to go into actual service. This weekend should be 3 weeks for it at ss, so the timing is right.