7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

Wgn showed 1761 as the W bus

Not to nitpick, but why not #1908 or #2016 as the Cubs "W" bus? I mean, how long would it stay at FG anyway??? A few weeks..... maybe a month at most. Short-time transfer, and the Allison Transmission shouldn't be much different than the ZF Transmission. Select the gear(D, N, R) and the bus works..... not much difference there.

3 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

Wgn showed 1761 as the W bus

Hmm.... Well that makes no sense when they showed the W on a #7900 series bus. I wonder if there's a link? Let me look a sec.

Son of a .....!! Google cta cubs bus and look what comes up

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV0kRth9YYoYAC3JXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyaGRqdHNhBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjE3OTNfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Cta+Cubs+Bus&fr=tightropetb#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.abclocal.go.com%2Fcontent%2Fwls%2Fimages%2Fcms%2Fautomation%2Fimages%2F1592687_1280x720.jpg&action=click

Now this leads me to wonder, if #1761 and #1763 are both Cubs W buses, could there be more wraps like enough to equip Addison or even Clark? You know I'm surprised the Ricketts don't just say to CTA, hey we'll pitch in to wrap some buses for you. They have tons of money and the exposure would probably help sell shirts and memorabilia and game tickets. Plus it is a city pride thing, you have a World Championship team playing here in your city. It might even get people to ride CTA. (hint hint) xD

3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Not to nitpick, but why not #1908 or #2016 as the Cubs "W" bus? I mean, how long would it stay at FG anyway??? A few weeks..... maybe a month at most. Short-time transfer, and the Allison Transmission shouldn't be much different than the ZF Transmission. Select the gear(D, N, R) and the bus works..... not much difference there.

Well it would have to be a bus currently at FG since the Channel 2 News story I linked said the bus would be running on the 152 for at least a week. Neither 1908 or 2016 fit that bill. And who said the NF in question was going to be at FG for a month a most? No one said anything about CTA giving a time that they were testing the blue seat Novas at C, 74th, and 77th. So we don't know how long that NF is going to be at FG. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm.... Well that makes no sense when they showed the W on a #7900 series bus. I wonder if there's a link? Let me look a sec.

Son of a .....!! Google cta cubs bus and look what comes up

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV0kRth9YYoYAC3JXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyaGRqdHNhBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjE3OTNfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Cta+Cubs+Bus&fr=tightropetb#id=0&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.abclocal.go.com%2Fcontent%2Fwls%2Fimages%2Fcms%2Fautomation%2Fimages%2F1592687_1280x720.jpg&action=click

Now this leads me to wonder, if #1761 and #1763 are both Cubs W buses, could there be more wraps like enough to equip Addison or even Clark? You know I'm surprised the Ricketts don't just say to CTA, hey we'll pitch in to wrap some buses for you. They have tons of money and the exposure would probably help sell shirts and memorabilia and game tickets. Plus it is a city pride thing, you have a World Championship team playing here in your city. It might even get people to ride CTA. (hint hint) xD

Unless maybe it was a typo on Andre's part. He can answer that one for sure, but Channel 2 reported only one bus to be the Cubs "W" bus along with the four cars from the Red Line that are supposed to be wrapped to show Cubs spirit on the rail side. 

UPDATE: Upon double checking on the rosters though, 1763 is a North Park bus while 1761 is at FG. So maybe there are two W buses since both FG and NP (mainly during weekday trips) operate buses on the 152. 

20 hours ago, jajuan said:

Well it would have to be a bus currently at FG since the Channel 2 News story I linked said the bus would be running on the 152 for at least a week. Neither 1908 or 2016 fit that bill. And who said the NF in question was going to be at FG for a month a most? No one said anything about CTA giving a time that they were testing the blue seat Novas at C, 74th, and 77th. So we don't know how long that NF is going to be at FG. 

Unless maybe it was a typo on Andre's part. He can answer that one for sure, but Channel 2 reported only one bus to be the Cubs "W" bus along with the four cars from the Red Line that are supposed to be wrapped to show Cubs spirit on the rail side. 

UPDATE: Upon double checking on the rosters though, 1763 is a North Park bus while 1761 is at FG. So maybe there are two W buses since both FG and NP (mainly during weekday trips) operate buses on the 152. 

They could've done a temporary transfer with NP(1908) or C(2016) to get one of these buses to put the Cubs wrap on. It would've made sense because of the number of the buses(1908 and 2016 are the years the Cubs won the World Series, aside from 1907, which they also won)

(1000-1025,1386-1391,1552-1563,1590-1596,1746,1753-1761,1799-1800) FG could've done a temporary swap of one bus from their roster to NP or C to get the bus, whichever number they would've chosen.

It's more to complete the wrap. It's a tiny detail, but it would've looked better with one of these numbers instead of 1761.

19 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

Maybe Comcast SportsNet or WLS-TV would like to reflect on the glory by paying to wrap a bus. (I would suggest 2016. There are a few Allison Transmission buses at North Park if the Authority wanted to move the bus there.)

What's the incentive for them to do it? CSN isn't going to have any Cubs games until April. At least beer companies want people to drink beer, and then use a Sloan valve.

3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

They could've done a temporary transfer with NP(1908) or C(2016) to get one of these buses to put the Cubs wrap on. It would've made sense because of the number of the buses(1908 and 2016 are the years the Cubs won the World Series, aside from 1907, which they also won)

(1000-1025,1386-1391,1552-1563,1590-1596,1746,1753-1761,1799-1800) FG could've done a temporary swap of one bus from their roster to NP or C to get the bus, whichever number they would've chosen.

It's more to complete the wrap. It's a tiny detail, but it would've looked better with one of these numbers instead of 1761.

Perhaps, but general Cubs fans don't really care about that kind of detail as long as it's a bus giving a salute to the Cubs. Many of them aren't Chicago transit fans, so they aren't going to be paying attention to the fleet number as much as they would be the wrap itself. So you're really making too much of this especially given that the earliest reports on this seemed to suggest that one of the updated model Novas was going to be wrapped by showing a schematic of one with the wrap in place. So we should probably be glad that CTA wanted to do this at all than nitpick about the fleet number of the chosen bus especially when none of the other Chicago professional teams got this type of nod from CTA at the time of their championship wins. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

none of the other Chicago professional teams got this type of nod from CTA at the time of their championship wins. 

That's not the case as the Sox got a gray pinstriped L train in 2005.

I don't remember the Hawks getting anything, though.

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

That's not the case as the Sox got a gray pinstriped L train in 2005.

I don't remember the Hawks getting anything, though.

You're right. I forgot about the Sox train. Thanks for the reminder. I still don't remember a bus done up for the other teams' championships though. I think the Cubs bus may be a first in that regard. The Bears and Bulls championships came at a time when Fishbowls and/or Americanas were primary parts of the bus fleet, and at those times doing a bus in team colors with logo in place would have taken a repainting of the bus, something that would take far longer than the few days I've now seen it said present day wraps can be finished. (Remember not so many years ago when CTA and Pace told us wraps required a given bus to be out of service for a full month?xD)

It was out of fg though. I first saw it mixed up with the school runs and didn't see if it was np but maths tracker confirms it. #1762 is still np so you may have a point based on your thoughts here. So the question remains did they want to wrap a fg bus a np bus or both. If it goes back to np I'd say the third guess is correct.

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2016 at 3:41 PM, Busjack said:

While 8305 has tracked pretty consistently on 152, 1763 has been on other routes, and isn't out at the moment, per maths22's tracker.

8305.png

Interesting that 1763 would be observed on other routes when the news reports all made the point in their coverage about it that the bus was wrapped specifically to run on the #152 this week because the #152 directly serves Wrigley Field much as the four rail cars from the Red Line being wrapped because the Red Line has the same relationship to Wrigley, which brings up a thought that had previously occurred to me. It's interesting that a bus wasn't chosen for use on the #22 since that route is also a CTA route that directly serves Wrigley Field. But then again the Red Line already serves the purpose of showing Cubs pride along the North-South direction.

On 11/10/2016 at 3:41 PM, Busjack said:

While 8305 has tracked pretty consistently on 152, 1763 has been on other routes, and isn't out at the moment, per maths22's tracker.

8305.png

I saw #8305 on heading west on Old Orchard this morning around 9:30am. It was not in service and probably coming off route 206. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my phone out in time for a picture since I was heading to catch the 201 bus.

On 11/11/2016 at 1:02 PM, mel bernero said:

Thanks. Was able to get a photo of it at Cumberland.

And you didn't share with us? :P Actually it has a nice big cubbie bear symbol in red on the back and a smaller one on the right side by the rear door. Maybe if its out later in the week i'll take a shot of it. Cant seem to find a shot of those angles so far.