New CTA Maps Are Out

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Depends if it was necessary to show that Wilson is open, as well as the end of Red Line to Ashland.

Those exact reasons and that in September the Route 11 pilot ended. 

It's kind of unnecessary to have a superfluous map floating, but the September map did have an honorable nod to George Krambles, so it's kind of a collectible of sorts

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Been over a year and the CTA still haven’t released any updated system maps. Anyone guess when the newest maps may be posted?

I was just thinking this. Especially since certain parts are now inaccurate. Unfortunately, the pandemic will probably have to die down more before we see new maps. The RTA map needs updating as well

8 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I was just thinking this. Especially since certain parts are now inaccurate. Unfortunately, the pandemic will probably have to die down more before we see new maps. The RTA map needs updating as well

It's easier to redesign the site and the map than it is to design and print a quickly outdated one...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It's been almost a year and a half and we still have no new system maps. This also confuses me, because the new 18 alignment (Western, Ogden) is on there, but I feel like that happened this year? The map also doesn't reflect the 157 extension, the 52/94 swap & Pulse service

Almost begs the question if anyone has contacted customer service about it...

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Looks like they finally updated the map on the CTA website, although the newest one up there now is for June 2020. ??‍♂️

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/ctamap_SystemMap.pdf

Well the last significant changes to service, the swaps of the north terminus points of the 52 and 94 and the extension of 157 to Pulaski Pink Line, were then with nothing new since. So it makes sense that the date on the map is June 2020. One thing I do notice is that they incorporated the solid and clear boxes around the route numbers the same as how they started using on the bus stop signs. And they confirmed my suspicions of how those boxes are used depending on the route type and its service pattern.

23 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Well the last significant changes to service, the swaps of the north terminus points of the 52 and 94 and the extension of 157 to Pulaski Pink Line, were then with nothing new since. So it makes sense that the date on the map is June 2020. One thing I do notice is that they incorporated the solid and clear boxes around the route numbers the same as how they started using on the bus stop signs. And they confirmed my suspicions of how those boxes are used depending on the route type and its service pattern.

Fair point.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Fair point.

Yeah, I think the dates shown on the maps are more service effect dates and saying this is what overall service across the city and nearby burbs look as of this date, similar to that being the case on the individual route schedules, and not so much map publish dates as a lot of us have come to think of them. One other thing I just noticed is that while they do show Pace Pulse Milwaukee Line is in service, they don't show the limited stop pattern on the route. I guess they figure since it's a Pace route, it's more their responsibility to get that out there about the route. ??

46 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Yeah, I think the dates shown on the maps are more service effect dates and saying this is what overall service across the city and nearby burbs look as of this date, similar to that being the case on the individual route schedules, and not so much map publish dates as a lot of us have come to think of them. One other thing I just noticed is that while they do show Pace Pulse Milwaukee Line is in service, they don't show the limited stop pattern on the route. I guess they figure since it's a Pace route, it's more their responsibility to get that out there about the route. ??

I think the RTA map reflects that. Nevermind, half of Pace's services are suspended and yet not reflected on the map. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

The Pace services on the CTA map haven't been updated. There's a number of routes that were suspended at that time, also the 330 was rerouted to stop at Rosemont. 

Yeah, I did notice that as well, but probably still too much hassle to reflect all the changes. I don't think they'd do it until RTA updates their system map, and its been a year and a half since they've had a new one (I hadn't realized the 330 route change was that old).

19 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

The Pace services on the CTA map haven't been updated. There's a number of routes that were suspended at that time, also the 330 was rerouted to stop at Rosemont. 

Oh yeah. that's right, via I-190, the bus terminal at Rosemont station, River Rd, and Balmoral. Didn't that change come about at the same time Pace cut 326?

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Oh yeah. that's right, via I-190, the bus terminal at Rosemont station, River Rd, and Balmoral. Didn't that change come about at the same time Pace cut 326?

The 330 and the 331 actually. The 331 had service changes to add partial alternate service to replace the discontinued 304 that replaced service between La Grange Metra & 1st Ave./31st St., the map doesn’t reflect the change for either routes. 

• 3 weeks later...