A stop at Division on the Brown Line

Brandon93

Due to redevelopment in that area it would be a good idea for them to put a stop at Division and Orleans, but then again Rauner is losing his mind making cuts and what not, but after reading the article I don't see why not.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150424/old-town/could-cabrini-redevelopment-mean-new-brown-line-l-stop

​People have been talking about it for a long time, and nothing has happened.

But again it is a myth on your part that Rauner has anything to do with this. The cited article indicates that CTA has been giving the story that there is no ridership, even though it would be next to Payton.

​People have been talking about it for a long time, and nothing has happened.

But again it is a myth on your part that Rauner has anything to do with this. The cited article indicates that CTA has been giving the story that there is no ridership, even though it would be next to Payton.

​Who knows it could happen & I can see a Brown Line station at Division. I agree with you in a sense because I don't know what's going on for The Red Line they've been talking about extending it and there's no exact plan for it.

Edited by Brandon93

Due to redevelopment in that area it would be a good idea for them to put a stop at Division and Orleans, but then again Rauner is losing his mind making cuts and what not, but after reading the article I don't see why not.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150424/old-town/could-cabrini-redevelopment-mean-new-brown-line-l-stop

If they bring back #11 between Fullerton and Western, then we can discuss this....

• Upvote 1

​There, and at North/Halsted if they can fit it! I've always hated having such an awkward Red-Brown transfer route between the Loop and Fullerton...the stops are all staggered.

i doubt they would build a division/orleans stop because who would it serve? They have a sedgwick stop 3 blocks away and with the Lasalle entrance now at Clark/division Red line that's one block closer to that stop. Plus where would they put the station? On church curve? Is there space north of there? Then they are slowing down the service that's already slower than the Red line. They should've built the subway they were proposing for North/clybourn Brown line long ago. That intersection/area has greatly expanded and they have this theater and bowling alley and big box store with smaller stores coming into play soon on the se corner of halsted/clybourn complete with a multi story condominium. They could've funded it with the sale of the elevated land. That's only lincoln park and must be worth something. Now it would be hard to do and could only be done under the street.

Edited by BusHunter

Not going to happen. Great concept wrong timing. Sedgwick and North/Clybourn serves the area well. The Division station would receive low pardonage and would compete in a losing competition with the Clark/Division station. 

​The only way I agree is that the LaSalle entrance puts it a block closer.

As far as demand, the question raised by the article is whether the redevelopment of the Cabrini-Green area is going to generate traffic better than, say, the area around the Cermak-Green station, which is 2 blocks from the Cermak-Chinatown station (and not that close to McCormick Place). Apparently Rahm wanted to bet on one, not the other.

If they build a station anywhere, it should be on the pink line at the United Center.

​That's definitely the case. Also with the construction around there (Advocate Center, office building, etc.) one would think there would be enough TIF  money to pay for it.

• Upvote 1

If they build a station anywhere, it should be on the pink line at the United Center.

​The section of track between Adams and Monroe would be the best location, imo. After looking at google maps, it appears that United Center also has its own neighborhood classification, Tracks to the West, Kinzie/Tracks to the North, Ashland for the East and the Eisen as the South border.

​The section of track between Adams and Monroe would be the best location, imo. After looking at google maps, it appears that United Center also has its own neighborhood classification, Tracks to the West, Kinzie/Tracks to the North, Ashland for the East and the Eisen as the South border.

​The main question with that one is whether CTA wants to do anything with essentially the Circle Line plan of putting a transfer station between the Pink and Blue lines at essentially Van Buren. It seems, though, that the traffic generator is at Madison, and there used to be a station there (and apparently the room to rebuild it) chicago-l.org reference.

Maybe part of the problem was that the Pink Line via the Paulina Connector wasn't conceived until the Douglas project was about over.

• Upvote 2