5000-series - Updates

greenstreet

Was on 5450 yesterday on the Purple line. Really DO NOT like the sideways seating

Is 5450 different or do you just mean the 5000s in general? I don't really have an issue with it other than the poles being in the way sometimes (and it's a bit harder to stay upright when the drivers slam on the brakes...)

You can do like I do and make your own forward facing seat. The seats on the ends, especially the one behind the handicapped position have enough room to put your legs behind it unless someone is really obese or has mobility issues. No one said you had to sit forward in the seat. As long as someone can sit in the seat next to you that's all that matters. Now if they didn't have those poles at the car ends, you could do that down there too. I suppose if you're really skinny you can. So doing that instead, makes you have not only have four forward facing seats,but you have eight possible seats, the best of all four that riders don't know about. :P

You can do like I do and make your own forward facing seat. The seats on the ends, especially the one behind the handicapped position have enough room to put your legs behind it unless someone is really obese or has mobility issues.....

It doesn't support the back, which is why I think most riders prefer the real ones. Sir Issac Newton explained inertia and momentum about 300 years ago (Newton's First Law).

I'm on 5451 on the purple line right now. As it was approaching Adams I thought it was a 2400 because all I could see was the class lights, but as it got closer I realized it was a 5000 with no signs! All the external and internal signs (even the clocks) are off. 5452 is fine.

9gN1B.jpg

5471-5472 in delivery 6/4. Transporter is Transport Watson from Montreal.

That was fast, I swear they only had 4 cars at Skokie Shops on Tuesday. Looks like they got 6 more or those 2 are ahead of the pack, they usually are all delivered by Friday.

Okay so I saw a brownage train at Fullerton again. This time it had orange "Loop" signs though, and the train announced "This is Fullerton. This is an Orange Line train to Midway." I hopped on the purple line behind it (new one, btw :D ) and when I got to Adams/Wabash, I saw the same train going counter-clockwise at the Wabash/VanBuren intersection pulling into the brown/green side of Adams/Wabash, still announcing "This is Adams and Wabash. This is an Orange Line train to Midway." How on earth would it get to Midway if it's going north at Adams/Wabash?

So yesterday I notice in Howard yard these blue colored looks like screens with a "C" on them inside the motorcabs of certain cars. I asked about them, someone in authority said that those are intentionally disabled cars that will not move like the Forest Park ghost train. This was spotted on #2569-70, #5459-60, #5463-64 and a few others. Weird thing is why do that to #5000's? Unless they are still in the the Howard yard acceptance phase, but I saw #5459-60 in service already. Hey garmon I might have seen your #5461-62 back on the Red line yesterday also.

So yesterday I notice in Howard yard these blue colored looks like screens with a "C" on them inside the motorcabs of certain cars. I asked about them, someone in authority said that those are intentionally disabled cars that will not move like the Forest Park ghost train. This was spotted on #2569-70, #5459-60, #5463-64 and a few others. Weird thing is why do that to #5000's? Unless they are still in the the Howard yard acceptance phase, but I saw #5459-60 in service already. Hey garmon I might have seen your #5461-62 back on the Red line yesterday also.

That's really weird indeed. Yeah, I was informed that #5461-62 migrated to the Red Line. Sorry for responding late.