600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

Looks like the city has had its press conference on the release of the #600 prototypes. Press conference just mentions #66.. They still are going strong on the idea that we will have all electric buses in 20 years. There going to need alot of electric bus infrastructure Bill's from the pres. 

In other news, an vaccination cta bus for covid-19 has been established. I dont know what bus it is. But if I was a betting man I'd say those #6400's may not be done just yet!!

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

Looks like the city has had its press conference on the release of the #600 prototypes. Press conference just mentions #66.. They still are going strong on the idea that we will have all electric buses in 20 years. There going to need alot of electric bus infrastructure Bill's from the pres. 

In other news, an vaccination cta bus for covid-19 has been established. I dont know what bus it is. But if I was a betting man I'd say those #6400's may not be done just yet!!

something is telling me they will use a #6400 for it 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah, they made an instagram post showing off one of the Proterras. 

[font=estrangelo edessa] [color=#b03060] [size=3] Do the electric buses [i]only run[/i] during the morning AM rush?

[i]I do not exist until 11 AM at least[/i]. So when I went to my bookmarks for tracking buses running on routes, including the #66, I never glimpsed an all-electric bus (600) running on the #66. [/size] [/color] [/font]

23 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

[font=estrangelo edessa] [color=#b03060] [size=3] Do the electric buses [i]only run[/i] during the morning AM rush?

[i]I do not exist until 11 AM at least[/i]. So when I went to my bookmarks for tracking buses running on routes, including the #66, I never glimpsed an all-electric bus (600) running on the #66. [/size] [/color] [/font]

Yes they just run in the morning rush but only one bus per morning.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

2 #600's are back to back again on the #66. One has been out since 6am. (#603) 

The first working (66-805) tracks from 5:40am to 9:30am (600 yesterday, 603 today). The last journey (I assume from Navy Pier) was on 65 tracking from 9:10

The second working (66-816) tracks all day from 7:40am to 5:30pm (605 yesterday, 600 is out now today)

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

The first working (66-805) tracks from 5:40am to 9:30am (600 yesterday, 603 today). The last journey (I assume from Navy Pier) was on 65 tracking from 9:10

The second working (66-816) tracks all day from 7:40am to 5:30pm (605 yesterday, 600 is out now today)

So your telling me it pulls in on the #65 grand? ( Hmm... yes it does just checked)