Jefferson Park Bus Terminal Renovation

Aiden Tabucic

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I feel like it would make more sense for the 85 to stop on the street and let any of those 4 routes on the street have the bay

Probably they want the busiest stuff inside the terminal. More people walking around leaves more room for accidents. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 7:46 AM, CircleSeven said:

The South Terminal will reopen on Monday.

Jefferson_Park_Bus_Terminal_Map_South_Te

Theres been plenty of conflicts between Milwaukee ave and Central ave bus traffic. At times theres three Milwaukee buses parked which wont allow Central buses both NB and SB to clear the rear of those parked buses, forcing Central buses to perform an unprotected reverse in close proximity to riders. Very Dangerous IMO! 

On 7/19/2019 at 8:31 AM, CTA5750 said:

Theres been plenty of conflicts between Milwaukee ave and Central ave bus traffic. At times theres three Milwaukee buses parked which wont allow Central buses both NB and SB to clear the rear of those parked busesl

Just wait until Pulse gets started. North terminal will be a riot. When a #270 takes a break where does it layup? They used to have the approach on the south terminal but no Pace buses serve the south terminal. 

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Just wait until Pulse gets started. North terminal will be a riot. When a #270 takes a break where does it layup? They used to have the approach on the south terminal but no Pace buses serve the south terminal. 

They sometimes use the south terminal entrance and layup there but just wait till August 11th BIG RIOT

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

They sometimes use the south terminal entrance and layup there but just wait till August 11th BIG RIOT

Yeah just heard about it on the Pace facebook page. They have been busy. They are supposed to have purple pulse wraps too. Officially the barney route!! I wonder why not red instead of purple. Red is an express color. I'm going to have to check this out!!

They want to expand bus on shoulder. I drive the I-55 corridor myself with my bus and theres nothing worse than watching those buses fly past you. They are the envy of the whole highway. Travel times are 60 minutes plus on that stretch all we can do is watch and wave. Would be nice if they had a little bit bigger shoulder the buses at times travel slow due to clearance issues. At least they dont have that annoying rumble strip. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah just heard about it on the Pace facebook page. They have been busy. They are supposed to have purple pulse wraps too. Officially the barney route!! ...

That's the funniest thing I heard all day. Thanks for the laugh!