Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

47 minutes ago, 18thalek said:

hey everyone,

at Jefferson park I noticed the local bus routes such as 81W 68 85A and 88 seem to interline with one another, as in: when I'm at the station it seems theres a predictable pattern as to what a 81W will become upon discharging passengers. Does anyone know what the actual pattern is? thanks :)

the 68/81W/85A/88 don’t interline no more on weekdays, they are one route.

for example (a operator can do 68 for the first half of their run and then after fallback can either come back and be doing the 68 again or can go do the 85A/88/81W) as for on saturday’s the 85A/81W interline and the 68/88 on both saturday/sunday

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

Technically, you're incorrect. They are interlined routes,but one schedule block (block being defined as when the bus leaves the garage until when it returns).

This isn't any difference from former Pace practice, where a 208 would become 212 and vice versa at Davis, or in Highland Park where buses went from 471-472-473, but, in the opposite direction, .473 to 471 was always in the same circle.

The distinction is illustrated by the following run history for this morning. The bus was on routes 148, 151, and 22, but all trips were in block 22-513:

image.thumb.png.ed1264242c672d99324adc6eb3750665.png

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

here are 2 example runs for weekdays……

IMG_9789.jpeg

IMG_9790.jpeg

I don't know what the L numbers are, but clearly the F numbers show that there are several run numbers on the schedules, and I really doubt that one driver has 9 to 13 hours of "platform time." But the PULLIN time at the end indicates that each schedule is a block.

57 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I don't know what the L numbers are, but clearly the F numbers show that there are several run numbers on the schedules, and I really doubt that one driver has 9 to 13 hours of "platform time." But the PULLIN time at the end indicates that each schedule is a block.

L: leader F: follower

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Busjack said:

Technically, you're incorrect. They are interlined routes,but one schedule block (block being defined as when the bus leaves the garage until when it returns).

This isn't any difference from former Pace practice, where a 208 would become 212 and vice versa at Davis, or in Highland Park where buses went from 471-472-473, but, in the opposite direction, .473 to 471 was always in the same circle.

The distinction is illustrated by the following run history for this morning. The bus was on routes 148, 151, and 22, but all trips were in block 22-513:

image.thumb.png.ed1264242c672d99324adc6eb3750665.png

13 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

for example (a operator can do 68 for the first half of their run and then after fallback can either come back and be doing the 68 again or can go do the 85A/88/81W) as for on saturday’s the 85A/81W interline and the 68/88 on both saturday/sunday

Depending on what @Mr.NewFlyer1279 meant by them being one route he's right that on weekdays at least, buses at Jefferson Park on the feeders don't interline routes with the same vehicle block anymore. All of them seem to stay on the same route compared to before where they'd come into Jeff as an 85A and leave as 81W in the week. However I'm seeing new interlines out of FG such as a bus with on 86 with a 77 block ID(maybe a school trip? This was like 6:30-7:30) , 91 with 56 ID so looks like they substituted interlines with the same bus on more mainline routes vs using the same bus on multiple feeders. So that leaves Midway and 95th as the only 2 terminals that interlines feeders on the same bus

Screenshot_20240905-070208.png

Screenshot_20240905-070258.png

Screenshot_20240905-070309.png

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Depending on what @Mr.NewFlyer1279 meant by them being one route he's right that on weekdays at least, buses at Jefferson Park on the feeders don't interline routes with the same vehicle block anymore. All of them seem to stay on the same route compared to before where they'd come into Jeff as an 85A and leave as 81W in the week.

At least in the first posted schedule, the bus is on 68 to 10:49, then on 88 until PULLIN, so they are interlined to that extent. Apparently, 68, 85A, and 88 are all in the 400 run number group. But there's also a follower 781 from the Belmont run number group.

So, I agree with your point that this block isn't consistently 68>88>85A>68>88, but there is a midday interline. In the second posted schedule, it is apparently an all day 85A.

I don't think CTA makes distinctions based on feeder routes, but, again from this schedule, what is needed to maintain the posted headway. It isn't like Pace having had 600 series routes to meet scheduled Metra trains (not all 600s being that, though).