Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

13 minutes ago, urbanguy0508 said:

I stumbled upon this news clipping from 1967. It mentions a study that attempted to imitate the success of the Skokie Swift in Franklin Park.

https://imgur.com/a/PP3gnh9

Does anyone know where I could find more information about this study?

Looking at the article, it seems an early example of a 55-year old series of "let's get some federal welfare for the consultants." I doubt there was any actual study, and, obviously nothing came of it.

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 9:34 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Vote scheduled today on the mayoral recommendation of Rev. Micheal Eaddy to the CTA board. Detractors note that Eaddy has no transit industry experience. ... Ald. Vasquez was particularly interested in seeing if Eaddy would commit to being a regular rider (an enthusiastic yes)

I think this would make him the 3rd reverend on the board if confirmed? I feel like there's a way to spin a great schism joke in there.

Apparently, Rev. Eaddy didn't get the nod.*  CT Board agenda for May 8 includes:

To approve an ordinance fixing the salary of Roberto Requejo as a member of
the Chicago Transit Board and appointing him to the Finance, Audit & Budget
Committee.

Getting past the puffery, the Press Release says that Requejo has "a Master's Degree in Urban Planning and Policy from the University of Illinois at Chicago and advanced studies in Political Science and Public Administration from the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela. His civic leadership roles have positioned him as a key advocate for transportation equity and community development, including serving on Mayor Johnson’s Transition Committee and contributing to the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning's regional transit initiatives." Thus, he appears to at least meet the standard of the MMA Act as having a background in urban planning and community organization.

*Update: Looking at Meet the Board,  there might still be another vacancy.

11 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I guess the lift stopped working cause it was beeping like crazy 

Old joke: "Does this bus go 'to da Loop>'" No, it goes Beep Beep."

• Upvote 1