Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

9 hours ago, Busjack said:

*As a member of the public,** do the drivers get messages from the control center to speed it up, slow down, or pass leaders, or is the only indication the plus or minus on the Clever Device?

**As you can infer, I'm not a driver, while several dozen of you are.

Yea they will sent a message & say from a express these many stops etc 

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

That was 2013 Redline shutdown Chinatown feeder route between Cermak and Roosevelt. Apparently the codes are overlapping again.

Yea casue my girl said the driver yesterday told her he was the 28 sue got on & he called 65th & stony as the last stop & went to do another route

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:36 AM, YoungBusLover said:

That was 2013 Redline shutdown Chinatown feeder route between Cermak and Roosevelt. Apparently the codes are overlapping again.

Yea casue my girl said the driver yesterday told her he was the 28 sue got on & he called 65th & stony as the last stop & went to do another route

While me & my daughter was waiting on the 6 bus I seen 4179 & thoght its crazy i drove that bus when it was at C right before C aent all the artics packing we got 4035 & I thought it's crazy that I drove that bus when it was at K then it got sent to 7 now 3

16 minutes ago, strictures said:

Anyone know what's going on with the run numbers for the 22 Clark lately?  They all used to be P200s, but now I'm seeing 500s & 800s on the buses.

@maths22's tracker indicates they are running some 151 blocks on 22. I guess they had to placate you. From the run number list, 800s would be off Western.

image.thumb.png.f9e855b558db177d59ab9ec1e4acfccd.png

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

So did CTA start using cams to ticket people who are parked in the bus lanes 

Various people in city government suggested doing that, but I don't know if they actually started. This CBS2 story says the City Council authorized it. The City, not CTA, would issue the tickets.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:21 AM, Busjack said:

Various people in city government suggested doing that, but I don't know if they actually started. This CBS2 story says the City Council authorized it. The City, not CTA, would issue the tickets.

Aw OK bet I was gonna say if they fid on my next car to have some plate that comes back to the city wherever I know I'm gonna park in a bus stop zone 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

Bus stop on Madison at Canal has the 157 renamed! Photo taken by me on 2/29/2024.

image.png.e488349a3e1f7f016c1f5e5482217ded.png

In the spirit of Baseball Soring Training,  that's an Error.  

Speaking of errors, 

Dual motors not duel motors 

Their means belonging to them

They're means they are

There refers to a location

Fair means just, or it means okay

Fare is a payment for a ride.

Anyway, we know the 157 Streeterville/Taylor is the correct name.  Hopefully this is the only bus stop with this error. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

In the spirit of Baseball Soring Training,  that's an Error.

Unless the [Fl/C]ubs are paragliding into the Sloan Field stands, that's an Error, too. Sorry, that's soaring. Maybe it refers to all their injuries.

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Anyway, we know the 157 Streeterville/Taylor is the correct name.  Hopefully this is the only bus stop with this error. 

I finally found the discussion of the incorrect 67 and N5 signs. Using the proper definition of "consistently," they were consistently wrong over stretches of the route. Considering that computer templates are used to print the signs, expect such consistency.

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

I finally found the discussion of the incorrect 67 and N5 signs. Using the proper definition of "consistently," they were consistently wrong over stretches of the route. Considering that computer templates are used to print the signs, expect such consistency.

Also strange is the "West to Pulaski" part, as the Madison/Canal stop is EB only, although the bus is going north at that point until it turns east at Washington.  It might also be nice if it told people to get the WB 157 at Madison/Clinton.

On 3/2/2024 at 7:15 AM, strictures said:

Also strange is the "West to Pulaski" part, as the Madison/Canal stop is EB only, although the bus is going north at that point until it turns east at Washington.  It might also be nice if it told people to get the WB 157 at Madison/Clinton.

Update: As later noted, @strictures's location was wrong, so I retract this comment.

19 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Bus stop on Madison at Canal has the 157 renamed! Photo taken by me on 2/29/2024.

image.png.e488349a3e1f7f016c1f5e5482217ded.png

Based on this post saying the bus stop is on MADISON  at Canal,  rge direction of the routes are correct.  Had it been on CANAL at MADISON,  then it would be all wrong.   However,  I do think the 60's direction should also be WEST  and not south