Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

47 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

MADISON is a one way Westbound  so if the bus stop us in Madison,  the direction is correct although I think the 60 should also be West and not South  

The bus stop is on Madison just west of the river, next to the CVS.

The 60 does say West and not South? It is the 124 that is described as South to Union Station which is also correct. the only mistake is 157 Navy Pier.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

The bus stop is on Madison just west of the river, next to the CVS.

The 60 does say West and not South? It is the 124 that is described as South to Union Station which is also correct. the only mistake is 157 Navy Pier.

Yes you are correct. 

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

MADISON is a one way Westbound  so if the bus stop us in Madison,  the direction is correct although I think the 60 should also be West and not South  

The bus stops on Canal, just under the bridge from the Daily News Building to Northwestern Station.

So apparently, the 67 & 75 had their "to Lakefront" signs changed to "to ##th/South Shore". 79 seems to have escaped this treatment. Was there a reason given for the change, or more of CTA's occasionally hyper-attention to detail like "to Nordica", "to Octavia", "to Monitor", etc

16 hours ago, strictures said:

The bus stops on Canal, just under the bridge from the Daily News Building to Northwestern Station.

NO the bus stop ON Madison east of Canal and west of the river. Not the one for the eastbound services on Canal north of Madison.

17 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

So apparently, the 67 & 75 had their "to Lakefront" signs changed to "to ##th/South Shore". 79 seems to have escaped this treatment. Was there a reason given for the change, or more of CTA's occasionally hyper-attention to detail like "to Nordica", "to Octavia", "to Monitor", etc

Ehh it's the idiot's downtown doing what they do best. Changing things don't need Changing. 😅😅😅

20 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Bus Tracker shows there is a distinction on 79th, as the layover is east of South Shore Dr. on Farragut Drive off  "new" Lake Shore Dr.

image.thumb.png.1a6c8f7da45d37383b230f995d478809.png

image.png.ff6a033aabbbe939ed39d4c3232a0a12.png

Technically the same for 6, but since it runs on South Shore Dr., makes more sense to leave it as is.

image.png.2b5b22378b92aa5fdca6b0f2bf3017ef.png

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Bus Tracker shows there is a distinction on 79th, as the layover is east of South Shore Dr. on Farragut Drive off  "new" Lake Shore Dr.

Technically the same for 6, but since it runs on South Shore Dr., makes more sense to leave it as is

75's easternmost stop is 75th/Lakefront Terminal, also east of South Shore Dr, and it's not like it was a layover only stop, you could board/alight there. The 67 doesn't even reach South Shore Dr (technically) unless it's going to LaRabida, so that should be "to 67th/Oglesby", but hey

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Ehh it's the idiot's downtown doing what they do best. Changing things don't need Changing. 😅😅😅

I figured as much, just wondering. That was always an iconic destination sign imo, and while I suppose including " /South Shore" helps with wayfinding, are the majority of riders not understanding that the routes go as far as South Shore?

21 minutes ago, strictures said:

That's the WB bus that stops on Madison, the EB bus stops on Canal!

Which is what @busfan2847 said. Why are you having so much trouble with the concept? Do you "think" @busfan2847 doesn't know where he took the picture? Why do you think the sign says "to Pulaski Pink Line station" and "to Cicero/24th Place?"

18 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

75's easternmost stop is 75th/Lakefront Terminal, also east of South Shore Dr, and it's not like it was a layover only stop, you could board/alight there. The 67 doesn't even reach South Shore Dr (technically) unless it's going to LaRabida, so that should be "to 67th/Oglesby", but hey

You're correct, as confirmed by Bus Tracker, hence I was incorrect in finding a distinction. The main inconsistency is that for 67, the schedule brochure says South Shore on all trips, but Bus Tracker says Oglesby Terminal. Maybe @YoungBusLover has it, at least to the extent that 4 different people may be doing schedule brochures (we found the mess-ups on that),gps, bus stop signs, and bus destination signs.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Good  news (for a change for this topic): CTA driver and passenger  help rescue people from 2 houses on  fire at 8000 S. South Shore Drive (ABC7).

I'm glad to see that this story had a happy ending to it regardless of the outcome I hope CTA doesn't discipline the operator too harshly for his good act of service.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'm glad to see that this story had a happy ending to it regardless of the outcome I hope CTA doesn't discipline the operator too harshly for his good act of service.

Why would the operator get in trouble? He was doing a good thing.

30 minutes ago, Jackson232 said:

Why would the operator get in trouble? He was doing a good thing.

I don't think the operator has anything to worry about, and he didn't think so, either, or he wouldn't allow TV to interview him on camera by name.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

I don't think the operator has anything to worry about, and he didn't think so, either, or he wouldn't allow TV to interview him on camera by name.

Note that the fire was at night and all of the fire footage was provided by "CapturedNews," not ABC.  The passenger was interviewed by CapturedNews, but the bus driver was not.  The driver's interview was in broad daylight.  Most likely the driver was not willing to go on camera until ABC7 contacted the CTA's press relations office which cleared the interview and got the driver for them.  I would bet that there was a Press Relations person just off camera to ensure that the driver did not go off script.

1 hour ago, Smolensk said:

The passenger was interviewed by CapturedNews, but the bus driver was not. The driver's interview was in broad daylight.  Most likely the driver was not willing to go on camera until ABC7 contacted the CTA's press relations office which cleared the interview and got the driver for them. 

I'll acknowledge CTA PR probably arranged it, in which case he"s certainly not in trouble.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:03 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

If I remember correctly,  the original destination sign for the EB 67 was 67th/Oglesby BEFORE it was changed to Lakefront.  I also thought the EB 79 destination sign on the buses was 79 79th/ Brandon.   That used to be the last EB stop and the first WB stop while the bus layover was WB just west of Farragut which was the access to Rainbow Beach.  This was also BEFORE the destination sign was changed to Lakefront and the USS property was alive and well.   I honestly can't remember if the 75  had another destination sign prior to Lakefront.

On 3/5/2024 at 3:13 PM, artthouwill said:

If I remember correctly,  the original destination sign for the EB 67 was 67th/Oglesby BEFORE it was changed to Lakefront.  I also thought the EB 79 destination sign on the buses was 79 79th/ Brandon.   That used to be the last EB stop and the first WB stop while the bus layover was WB just west of Farragut which was the access to Rainbow Beach.  This was also BEFORE the destination sign was changed to Lakefront and the USS property was alive and well.   I honestly can't remember if the 75  had another destination sign prior to Lakefront.

I can't speak to the 67, but I can't ever recall a time the 79 has said anything other than "to Lakefront". Not to say you're wrong, but I'm curious how far back that's been, since I'm now in my mid-twenties

19 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I can't speak to the 67, but I can't ever recall a time the 79 has said anything other than "to Lakefront". Not to say you're wrong, but I'm curious how far back that's been, since I'm now in my mid-twenties

I can't say absolutely without a doubt for 79 like I di for the 67.  I know when I started riding the 79 regularly in 1977 it was Lakefront then   The bus stops back then had Brandon on them 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this random as hell but I think Donovan Carter whatever that fool name is should be fired he can't get a handle on ghost buses can't get a handle on making proper schedules nor making the process of hiring much faster I was about to get 4 guys I know from child hood on all 3 of them walked from CTA due to their long hiring process cause people need to work & start making money to pay bills not 3-4 months from now 

Also with the schedule DT put out bogus today I got cussed out by many people cause people had to wait in the cold weather about 30 mins for me to show up like it don't make no sense I got cussed out the entire route while going west on the 72 oh & make matter worst the supervisors don't know wth they are doing 

22 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

These supervisors also don't know what they are doing Friday day supervisor pulled my leader off the 66 to do the 57 since when the 57 need 9 buses running on it its not that big of a route creating a big gap in front of me 

I believe the answer is that it's not just the 57.  I believe the 57 interline with the 73.  If that's the case then you have to factor in both routes  when considering what happened.   Certainly the 57 doesn't need 9 byses, but 7 or 8 buses covering the 57 AND the 73 might be a bit too thin 

• Upvote 1