Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

Well I got suspended for 2 days saying that I didn't handle a guy smoking a square on my but properly I told him bro you can't smoke on the bus he had up acted big & bad then said iight man fuck & gave me the finger & I just shrugged my shoulders & continued on about my day after he got off what was wrong with a vet driver told me because I did not call the police but it was that deep 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:39 AM, Shannoncvpi said:

Well I got suspended for 2 days saying that I didn't handle a guy smoking a square on my but properly I told him bro you can't smoke on the bus he had up acted big & bad then said iight man fuck & gave me the finger & I just shrugged my shoulders & continued on about my day after he got off what was wrong with a vet driver told me because I did not call the police but it was that deep 

Sorry to hear that. 

As one who can't stand second hand smoke, it would have been difficult for me to endure sitting near someone smoking a cigarette and I can't escape.   Obviously as a passenger I would have been risking mt life saying something.  The guy in your business would have probably either gotten odd the bus or put the cigarette out once he figured out the cops were coming.   Letting him slide put other's health at risk and embolden him to do it again with another driver. You didn't have to interact with him anymore once he gave you the finger.  If you don't mice the bus, and call the cops gw qull think twice about lighting up ib a bus again.  Ie maybe he want to go to jail to have a place to stay. 

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Sorry to hear that. 

As one who can't stand second hand smoke, it would have been difficult for me to endure sitting near someone smoking a cigarette and I can't escape.   Obviously as a passenger I would have been risking mt life saying something.  The guy in your business would have probably either gotten odd the bus or put the cigarette out once he figured out the cops were coming.   Letting him slide put other's health at risk and embolden him to do it again with another driver. You didn't have to interact with him anymore once he gave you the finger.  If you don't mice the bus, and call the cops gw qull think twice about lighting up ib a bus again.  Ie maybe he want to go to jail to have a place to stay. 

I didn't even say or do anything else to him he said iight man & grabbed his bag gave me the finger & got off I shrugged my shoulders & just went back to my seat & pulled off

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I didn't even say or do anything else to him he said iight man & grabbed his bag gave me the finger & got off I shrugged my shoulders & just went back to my seat & pulled off

Oj

Okay.  I thought he stayed on the bus.  If you told him he couldn't smoke and he got OFF THE BUS IMMEDIATELY  , then I don't understand rge suspension  UNLESS you saw him smoking earlier and didn't say anything about it until he was getting off the bus  

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Oj

Okay.  I thought he stayed on the bus.  If you told him he couldn't smoke and he got OFF THE BUS IMMEDIATELY  , then I don't understand rge suspension  UNLESS you saw him smoking earlier and didn't say anything about it until he was getting off the bus  

When I seen him smoking I had to wait pulled over a few blocks later & also he just got off after getting tough with me & flipped me off I guess cause I shrugged my shoulders  but oh well it gives me for time to work on my tahoe ppv so I didn't trip

1 hour ago, 6700S said:

hey everyone, i have a request for any photographers who might be able to help me out. i’m looking for a few pictures of a few particular busses: looking for any pics of artics on routes 54, 62, 53, 66 and 52. 

It's a few in any thread that mentions crowded situations. Chicagobus.org has pics of artics on 52. 54, 66, 53 you MIGHT find a stray pic but the garage that runs those routes carried artics for very short amounts of time. I know there's older pics of MAN artics on archer but I don't think anyone posted any recent ones. You can find artics on 62 in PM rush

26 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

It's a few in any thread that mentions crowded situations. Chicagobus.org has pics of artics on 52. 54, 66, 53 you MIGHT find a stray pic but the garage that runs those routes carried artics for very short amounts of time. I know there's older pics of MAN artics on archer but I don't think anyone posted any recent ones. You can find artics on 62 in PM rush

thanks, i just really wanna find some pics around the time of covid on those routes. it was fantastic having the artics on cicero especially, i know the ridership doesnt justify it, but it was fun for me personally, and was something different.

23 minutes ago, 6700S said:

thanks, i just really wanna find some pics around the time of covid on those routes. it was fantastic having the artics on cicero especially, i know the ridership doesnt justify it, but it was fun for me personally, and was something different.

Yeah I know there's some stray pics here and there of Cicero artics. Hell one showed up on 8A ???

24 minutes ago, 6700S said:

Also Facebook might have some pics on some transit page. I found a pic of an artic on Wentworth once. 

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

No and no. Anything on a school trip came from NP.

are there any plans to eventually move on from FG, build a new garage and have artics on the NW side? I guess there aren’t many routes that justify it, but you could perhaps argue belmont, or lawrence.

20 minutes ago, 6700S said:

are there any plans to eventually move on from FG, build a new garage and have artics on the NW side? I guess there aren’t many routes that justify it, but you could perhaps argue belmont, or lawrence.

they have a big open lot now that they demolished the old building that was on the south side of the wash facility i guess they could use that space to rebuild forest glen and actually be a enclosed garage but we shall see what the future holds for that lot 

3 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

they have a big open lot now that they demolished the old building that was on the south side of the wash facility i guess they could use that space to rebuild forest glen and actually be a enclosed garage but we shall see what the future holds for that lot 

That's a good question. I wonder if there is enough space south of Armstrong Ave. or they would have to reroute Armstrong Ave., but anything depends on the electrification plan, and FG is last in priority.

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yea I got a chance to drive em real quick before they sent them packing got to drive em on the 20 54 53 66 72 & 74