Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

That's what I didn't understand from @Shannoncvpi's post. Maybe he can explain if his leader was so far ahead or behind him that the gap arose. He didn't say what time of day, but the schedule indicates about 11-15 minutes from North/Neva, and then  every 15 to 17 minutes from North/Neva and every 7 to 9 minutes from North/Narragansett, so 25 minutes indicates that a trip got missed. A 22-minue interval is scheduled only after 8:00 p.m.

It was about 10:45 am 

57 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Idk I was just switched from the 20 to do the 72 so I just went over

Dang it was that bad in the morning? I'm surprised the 72 doesn't have that much manpower on it. Then again when I did th air and water show shuttle run for it after th event had concluded and I left Harlem going back EB there was no serivce for a good 45 minutes.

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Idk I was just switched from the 20 to do the 72 so I just went over

So there was already a bus missing,  and had you not been sent there,  there might have been two in a row missing.   Imagine being the guy that has to drive behind TWO missing buses .  Imagine being the guy driving behind THREE missing buses .

I recounted a timetable FOUR Oaxe buses in a row didn't show up on the 313 when the route was supposed to be at 30 minute intervals.   That's TWI HOURS OF NO SERVICE  .  That's not scheduling.  That's staff shortages mixed in with driver call offs, abs possibly maintenence and operational issues .  Even adjusting the schedule doesn't help when drivers call off work. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I recounted a timetable FOUR Oaxe buses in a row didn't show up on the 313 when the route was supposed to be at 30 minute intervals.   That's TWI HOURS OF NO SERVICE  .  That's not scheduling.  That's staff shortages mixed in with driver call offs, abs possibly maintenence and operational issues .  Even adjusting the schedule doesn't help when drivers call off work. 

People were going to the Pace board over that.

I interpret @Shannoncvpi 's post as 72 was so short that they had to divert his 20 there. Since the CD indicated that he was only -2 minutes from whatever run he was on, the leader must have also been missing, unless he was assigned a trip with a different schedule than the one on which he was filing in. But I don't know; @Shannoncvpi can tell me differently.

I also assume this made 20 short a trip. That would be as harmful to 20's 12-14 minute scheduled headway midday.

16 minutes ago, Busjack said:

People were going to the Pace board over that.

I interpret @Shannoncvpi 's post as 72 was so short that they had to divert his 20 there. Since the CD indicated that he was only -2 minutes from whatever run he was on, the leader must have also been missing, unless he was assigned a trip with a different schedule than the one on which he was filing in. But I don't know; @Shannoncvpi can tell me differently.

I also assume this made 20 short a trip. That would be as harmful to 20's 12-14 minute scheduled headway midday.

I agree, which I stated in the first part of the post * the part you didn't quote).  Basically the gap would have been even bigger had he not been sent therw..  I guess it's better to have 2 routes with a 25 minute gap than one either with a 40 minute gap.

16 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I agree, which I stated in the first part of the post * the part you didn't quote).  Basically the gap would have been even bigger had he not been sent therw..  I guess it's better to have 2 routes with a 25 minute gap than one either with a 40 minute gap.

I missed the point in your post to the effect of that if @Shannoncvpi hadn't been diverted, his follower would have been really put upon. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

So there was already a bus missing,  and had you not been sent there,  there might have been two in a row missing.   Imagine being the guy that has to drive behind TWO missing buses .  Imagine being the guy driving behind THREE missing buses .

See I wasn't exactly sure I was just hit with when I was still downtown to only run to Pulaski then switch to the 72 for the remainder of my shift which I've got that a few time had to switch fron the 73 to the 54 before from the the 157 to the 74 etc I just say eh I'm still getting paid 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Dang it was that bad in the morning? I'm surprised the 72 doesn't have that much manpower on it. Then again when I did th air and water show shuttle run for it after th event had concluded and I left Harlem going back EB there was no serivce for a good 45 minutes.

Yea it be like that at times hell we had a few garages helping out 

Just like today I had the 54 and people said they was waiting out in the rain for almost and hour I told them I'm sorry about that but I'm almost on time 5 mins late I just tell them contact CTA HQ then I think to myself I don't get paid to hear all that?? just come get paid to get people to their places 

10 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Just like today I had the 54 and people said they was waiting out in the rain for almost and hour I told them I'm sorry about that but I'm almost on time 5 mins late I just tell them contact CTA HQ then I think to myself I don't get paid to hear all that?? just come get paid to get people to their places 

True enough. There is a consumer mindset of "if we all don't get together and tell them, they won't know," but if they have to tell someone, it's at 567, which probably knows, but either can't do anything about it or doesn't care.

Are the other garages as messed up as C?

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

True enough. There is a consumer mindset of "if we all don't get together and tell them, they won't know," but if they have to tell someone, it's at 567, which probably knows, but either can't do anything about it or doesn't care.

103rd.....lol and maybe North Park, FG has some slip ups every now and then but the main troubles they have is Irving,Belmont and Harlem.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:58 AM, Busjack said:

On 10/15/2023 at 12:46 PM, YoungBusLover said:

103rd.....lol and maybe North Park, FG has some slip ups every now and then but the main troubles they have is Irving,Belmont and Harlem.

Idk about the up north ones I just know C it can be ay route depends K it's mainly the 126 midday the 7,12,52,35 

10 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I saw quite a few of those Flyers with appears to be LTH stickers on them near the end of your video. #1104,#1109 and #2005 from what I saw had those stickers among a few others.

I haven't looked at those thought those was just maintenance when I do come in this was it be dark or I be tmready to ditch the bus & slide 

• Upvote 1

7007-08 I believe is the numbers they are over at midway yard maybe the orange line gonne get the new cars or they could just be stored over there for now & I remember when 1468 was over at C back in the early 2010's when it hit a few parked cars on the 76 before C sent the 76 over to FG