Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, cplanner13 said:

Imagining a fictional/alternate history where a section of the L branches off the Blue Line at Montrose and continues onto the Edens where it meets with an extended version of the Yellow Line near Old Orchard Road.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1JR-EvFuFDOx50Lu-yUUa6KyX1f7o2Rs&usp=sharing

One of the never used plans from the 1920s for the North Shore Line's Skokie Valley route was to extend it from the end of the Ravenswood at Kimball/Lawrence north, but the went the way of the current CTA line to Dempster through Evanston, from Howard.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Javi75 said:

If a CTA bus driver was laid off back in 2010 during the service cuts when Archer shut down along with the retirement of the 6000s and express routes getting cut. Could that former bus driver get rehired if they apply for a CTA job now? 

Considering that CTA is begging for drivers from anywhere, sure, but one has to consult the collective bargaining agreement to see what seniority rights one would have.

Now this is funny wish I was able to pull my phone out to record it but while I was on the 20 today some time earlier a 392 Durango had got into a crash on Madison & Cicero & it was multiple people there stripping it for parts when I came back 15 mines later it went from a full truck to almost a complete shell somebody insurance company is going to be mad af when they pick it up ??

• Haha 1

It's never a dull moment on the 20 today at Pulaski while I was being relieved a crackhead got into with another guy & he ran up on the crackhead & this where it went wtf the crackhead pulled a cactus out of his jacket and gave dude the business but where did he get a cactus from in the city ???

54 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

It's never a dull moment on the 20 today at Pulaski while I was being relieved a crackhead got into with another guy & he ran up on the crackhead & this where it went wtf the crackhead pulled a cactus out of his jacket and gave dude the business but where did he get a cactus from in the city ???

I don't know how big it was, but there are plenty of garden and grocery stores and home centers that sell them for ornamental purposes.

New revised #84 eastbound bus stop sign, taken at the Thorndale Red Line station.

I was figuring where the bus stop would be placed at since the curbs on each side of the train bridge is occupied for local parking (unless the city was planning to do something about that), seems the stop will be right there in front of the station.

IMG_1998.jpeg

Well I may have another write up today supervisor on the 54 which was a sub supervisor started talking crazy because I was late ask I was being relived & let's just say I told him to step in the alley so we can solve it what be wrong with these supervisor thinking that they can talk to people like their crazy 

Quick question, is no supervisors at FG garage letting their drivers be aware of the new routing for #84? Because I was waiting for a eastbound bus at Clark to get me to the Thorndale station and when it arrived it didn’t go down the revised route but it took the regular route down Bryn Mawr, turning around at Lake Shore and laying over back at the Bryn Mawr station. Driver said no one informed him of the reroute, caught the next one that was approaching & that driver did the same thing. He said it was his first day back & wasn’t told that 84 has a new routing. Seems somebody over at Forest Glen failed to stay on top of keeping their drivers in the loop on these service changes, and this is probably something that should’ve be made aware days before it went to effect. I can only imagine the frustration of customers waiting at Thorndale for a bus to show up…

17 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Quick question, is no supervisors at FG garage letting their drivers be aware of the new routing for #84? Because I was waiting for a eastbound bus at Clark to get me to the Thorndale station and when it arrived it didn’t go down the revised route but it took the regular route down Bryn Mawr, turning around at Lake Shore and laying over back at the Bryn Mawr station. Driver said no one informed him of the reroute, caught the next one that was approaching & that driver did the same thing. He said it was his first day back & wasn’t told that 84 has a new routing. Seems somebody over at Forest Glen failed to stay on top of keeping their drivers in the loop on these service changes, and this is probably something that should’ve be made aware days before it went to effect. I can only imagine the frustration of customers waiting at Thorndale for a bus to show up…

Timetables on cta website are also for the old routing, dated Jun 2023 for both 84 and 92.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, TaylorTank1229 said:

There is a board that has reroutes posted on it that the operators are supposed to check before they head out for the day. The board is updated by bus service management at each garage, but the information for reroutes is not always forwarded or updated by CTA Headquarters right away.  Because the vast majority of employees at the headquarters are still working from home cause of Covid protocols.

• Upvote 1

No buses are serving the Howard terminal right now due to some incident near the entrance to the terminal from what I could see. A squad car has Jarvis blocked off at Clark, and a couple of fire trucks were sitting on Jarvis responding to whatever happened. Also a helicopter was hovering overhead. I couldn't tell if it was a news chopper or a police one because from the angle it was hovering its identifying markings couldn't be seen.

34 minutes ago, jajuan said:

No buses are serving the Howard terminal right now due to some incident near the entrance to the terminal from what I could see. A squad car has Jarvis blocked off at Clark, and a couple of fire trucks were sitting on Jarvis responding to whatever happened. Also a helicopter was hovering overhead. I couldn't tell if it was a news chopper or a police one because from the angle it was hovering its identifying markings couldn't be seen.

This would affect the Red. Yellow,  and Purple Line Express    My first thought was a derailment,  possibly a Yellow Line train setting up for a return to Howard   i couldn't find anything on CTA'S website,  so hopefully whatever it is gets resolved quickly.