Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

It sounds like you're the guy to whom Vallas was giving upvotes to tweets.

Your Pace reference indicates that the problem is universal. The WMATA and MBTA subway lines are in worse shape than CTA's.  Aside from the usual RTA sob story, over which Johnson has no control, the Sun-Times says the issues are:

Total ridership on CTA buses and trains rose 24% last year, but is still just half what it was before the pandemic. The number of employees still working from home is not the only culprit. Employee shortages, service reliability and complaints about security, maintenance and rider behavior also are keeping passengers away.

Whether any TA can do anything about the employee shortage is one thing. Service reliability I'm sure has to do with missing trips and the recent schedule cutback. Maintenance problems are typified with all the comments here about buses in the SS yard and inability to get new buses and rail cars into revenue service.

I don't have a vote in the Chicago election, so I'm not going to comment on Johnson's politics, except to say that his website has a transportation plan, including restoring service to Forest Park, which was just cut. As I indicated in my prior post, he recognizes that a lot of what he wants will require federal and state assistance. On the governance point, he said:

Brandon Johnson will ensure that the CTA commuter board is re-engaged as an active decision-making partner and oversight body.

If that's the case, it would be a change, especially from the Daley and Emanuel administrations.

I do have a vote in Cook County, but it appears that Kim Foxx is passing on property crimes but the police wasn't breaking up looting, anyway. I don't agree with her decisions on prosecutorial discretion, but recognize that she has it.

While staffing shortages are most apparent in the front line bus and train operator positions, there seems to be shortages elsewhere including maintenance personnel.  That can explain the backlog in repairs and getting new buses on the road st SS.  I overheard two CTA customer service agents talking about their upcoming retirements later this year. 

If CTA couldn't staff full service on the Forest Park branch of the Blue Line, how is he going to do it now?  At least the Blue Line is more reliable fot more passengers.  But I suppose since he is a West Sider, the Forest Park branch will have improvement st the expense of another line not serving the West Side.  Or the Blue Line will become wildly inconsistent again.

56 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Quick question why did cta hire rent a cops to sit outside of garage is it cause of the Kia boys then came & stole cars out of the lot like what's their purpose 

Several reasons for the secondary security being on deck at most garages. One theft of vehicles, Two ongoing trespassing at the garages and three they're contracted to there 24/7 for basic overall security needs.

38 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Several reasons for the secondary security being on deck at most garages. One theft of vehicles, Two ongoing trespassing at the garages and three they're contracted to there 24/7 for basic overall security needs.

Aw cause I know they been there for a while I don't see them much & saw them today that's what made me think 

2 hours ago, MichelleC72 said:

All drivers watch out for your cars we had a operator over night who had their camery sat on bricks on the the job lot they had to get spares from co workers to go get a set of rims and tires he had his car on factory rims no fancy rims 

Where did this happen though?

3 hours ago, MichelleC72 said:

All drivers watch out for your cars we had a operator over night who had their camery sat on bricks on the the job lot they had to get spares from co workers to go get a set of rims and tires he had his car on factory rims no fancy rims 

They after camery & Honda wheels cause they can put them on acauras I know the underground car world they been going around doing it since last year so they been after them 

On 4/5/2023 at 4:20 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Quick question why did cta hire rent a cops to sit outside of garage is it cause of the Kia boys then came & stole cars out of the lot like what's their purpose 

Oof. Some of us out of Harlem Terminal were recently talking about how Kias are hot targets right now. They don’t care if you have a steering wheel lock on, they’ll bust in and saw them off. ;S

27 minutes ago, ChicagoRail said:

I'm a bit fustrated as to how CTA employees at train stations can allow fare evasion/tailgating after a customer pays his/her fare. 

Fare-dodgers also can walk right behind a passenger with a valid pass before closing of some types of ticket barrier gates (this is called tailgating).

There's this thing called personal safety.  Confronting someone can get them killed and defending themselves could land them in jail.  It's not worth the $2.75 to them.  You have no idea how many people have weapons on them on public transportation. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Oof. Some of us out of Harlem Terminal were recently talking about how Kias are hot targets right now. They don’t care if you have a steering wheel lock on, they’ll bust in and saw them off. ;S

Yew if they know how to get em off or got the saw they still are gone with it 

1 hour ago, ChicagoRail said:

I'm a bit fustrated as to how CTA employees at train stations can allow fare evasion/tailgating after a customer pays his/her fare. 

Fare-dodgers also can walk right behind a passenger with a valid pass before closing of some types of ticket barrier gates (this is called tailgating).

For one let them be mind your business your still getting paid at the end of the day if they pay or not for 2 what if you go after them & they up a blick & shoot you now you getting shot for what 2.50 it's not worth risking your life over it just mind your business get your own money & go home to your family at the end of your shift 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChicagoRail said:

Like what others have said, nobody at a station is going to risk their life over $3 max. And as a flagger, I’m way more concerned about someone doing something foolish by the tracks than a fare dispute.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Like what others have said, nobody at a station is going to risk their life over $3 max. And as a flagger, I’m way more concerned about someone doing something foolish by the tracks than a fare dispute.

Exactly dawg people be jumping on at the back of my bus I don't say anything cause you never know what people have I say some they pullout a Gatlin gun & blow my top back no thank you I'm still getting paid every 2 weeks weather they pay or not 

• Thanks 1

Guest ChicagoRail
10 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

For one let them be mind your business your still getting paid at the end of the day if they pay or not for 2 what if you go after them & they up a blick & shoot you now you getting shot for what 2.50 it's not worth risking your life over it just mind your business get your own money & go home to your family at the end of your shift 

Common shaming tactics I hear all the time & it's just not gonna work on me. I have fools getting in my personal business from time to time. Equal opportunity is the law! Sad that some people believe the rules are made to be broken.

Common shaming tactics I hear all the time & it's just not gonna work on me. I have fools getting in my personal business from time to time. Equal opportunity is the law! Sad that some people believe the rules are made to be broken.

I'm not trying to shame nobody I'm just saying things like this aren't worth money getting hurt over by a crazy person cause people do the craziest things these days over minor things 

I'm speaking from a street aspect mind your business I also go off my parents & teachers rules also my parents & teaches said this 

Parents mind the business that pays you 

Teacher keep your eyes on your own paper 

Have any of you seen  Bazaar things while doing your run? Last night while on the 50 I seen 3 guys taking I guess the wheel caps off of 9 police cars. They started while I was pulling up to the light and by time the light changed they was done and gone these where police cars that they ripped off lbvs people have big balls these days