Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

@YoungBusLover just wondering how is it over there at 7 would you tell driver you know to come over to 7 or is it like other garages with certain routes if you can survive 79 & 87th you passed cause I say with K if you can survive the 12 & 82 you pass with C if you can make it on the 53 but mostly the 20 you good 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

@YoungBusLover just wondering how is it over there at 7 would you tell driver you know to come over to 7 or is it like other garages with certain routes if you can survive 79 & 87th you passed cause I say with K if you can survive the 12 & 82 you pass with C if you can make it on the 53 but mostly the 20 you good 

I'll be honest it's not to bad over here. Outside of the 3,4 and 79 everything else is pretty easy. If you survived working during the riots and pandemic on the 4 and 79 you can make it anywhere working double and triple streets.

31 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'll be honest it's not to bad over here. Outside of the 3,4 and 79 everything else is pretty easy. If you survived working during the riots and pandemic on the 4 and 79 you can make it anywhere working double and triple streets.

Yes doing multiple routes in one day type of thing huh I was just wondering about it since my girl mentioned won't I go to 7 since it's way closer to the house like a 7 min drive 

10 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yes doing multiple routes in one day type of thing huh I was just wondering about it since my girl mentioned won't I go to 7 since it's way closer to the house like a 7 min drive 

You'd have a blast at 7 because we have the easiest routes to work to be honest with you. 

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Must be exciting to have a daughter interested in buses.  She loves you so much that what interests you interests her.

Idk if she's so into it she's only 6 & every bus she sees she calls out & be like that's a big bud she does the same thing when we are by trucks 

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Idk if she's so into it she's only 6 & every bus she sees she calls out & be like that's a big bud she does the same thing when we are by trucks 

I was a big bus fanatic when I was 6.  At the time,  I didn't know the names of the models until I learned where they were on the buses.  In those days there were FMC Fishbowls, Flxble New Look Propanes and Flxvke Old Looks.   The garage nearest to me ( 69th) didn't get Flxble New Look diesel buses until I got a little older and when the newer Fishbowls came.

16 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I was a big bus fanatic when I was 6.  At the time,  I didn't know the names of the models until I learned where they were on the buses.  In those days there were FMC Fishbowls, Flxble New Look Propanes and Flxvke Old Looks.   The garage nearest to me ( 69th) didn't get Flxble New Look diesel buses until I got a little older and when the newer Fishbowls came.

Aw ok yea I was the same but I been into all types of things cars busese but mostly cars 

10 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I'm curious but when the novas are left in drive with the parking brake on and there is no driver in the seat, does it always set off the alarm or does it just happen from time to time?

The seat alarm will automatically go off in that situation everytime.

11 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I'm curious but when the novas are left in drive with the parking brake on and there is no driver in the seat, does it always set off the alarm or does it just happen from time to time?

I've never had that issue cause I always put it in N & pull the parking brake so I'm not sure 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Pace drivers set their parking brakes with the bus in drive all the time, but they do it at traffic lights

They don't do it at terminals or layovers or when waiting due to running hot.  I've never seen any driver set the parking brake with the bus in gear abd leave the driver's seat.  When I drove buses I NEVER set the parking brake with the bus in gea, be it automatic or manual.

As for the alarms I've never heard any on the Orion, Ikirus,  NABI, Axxess or New Flyers.   It could be a safety feature for the Novas but I don't know for a fact.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Oh ok. Whenever a driver left a new Flyer D40LF in drive with the parking brake on, they always set it to neutral then back to drive after logging in, are they supposed to leave it in neutral or it doesn’t matter as long as the parking brake is on?

42 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh ok. Whenever a driver left a new Flyer D40LF in drive with the parking brake on, they always set it to neutral then back to drive after logging in, are they supposed to leave it in neutral or it doesn’t matter as long as the parking brake is on?

Your suppose to put it in N I know drivers that do that then got NF like that but me to be safe I put it in N I'm just grateful still got this Jon dam near 4 years later dealing with these people so I'm not trying to do anything that might get me in trouble 

3 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Your suppose to put it in N I know drivers that do that then got NF like that but me to be safe I put it in N I'm just grateful still got this Jon dam near 4 years later dealing with these people so I'm not trying to do anything that might get me in trouble 

Yeah that’s good