Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

Rereading the article, it didn't say where the gun was ditched. Bad editing on the Sun-Times' part.

Oh I thought it was cause they had the pic of law breakers coming out of the water at the lagoon over there on Washington & Hamlin outwest so that's why I thought he ditched it there 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Oh I thought it was cause they had the pic of law breakers coming out of the water at the lagoon over there on Washington & Hamlin outwest so that's why I thought he ditched it there 

I had ignored the picture, so I can't comment on that.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:27 PM, Tcmetro said:

According to this notice posted on Reddit, the X98 Avon Express will be eliminated on March 20th.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:42 PM, artthouwill said:

In a nutshell,  no subsidy, no service. 

Official notice, but was reflected above. Civic Staffing is a temp agency, and apparently found a cheaper way to get its workers home.

BTW, it isn't even Avon anymore, but Farevea. Maybe it no longer needed temps or that agency.

47 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I've noticed that myself I guess the route supervisor only want the novas ??

I grew up seeing 800s and 1000s on the 53 back in 2006-07. As the rest of the 800s were transferred to Kedzie around 2007 or 08. I began seeing the 1930s roaming the 53,54,54B and X54. There’s a video of #2023 with that Allison howling ass on the X54 making that right turn 5 minutes in. 

Guest ChicagoRail

Well as it stands right now there's one New Flyer (1393) on #81 Lawrence, so I guess I could say that I seem to see Novas on the route more often than I see New Flyers.

10 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I grew up seeing 800s and 1000s on the 53 back in 2006-07. As the rest of the 800s were transferred to Kedzie around 2007 or 08. I began seeing the 1930s roaming the 53,54,54B and X54. There’s a video of #2023 with that Allison howling ass on the X54 making that right turn 5 minutes in. 

I never knew C had the 800's I thought K only had em but yea they use to run all types fro. The 54'-5600's to the NF's to the 4400'S 6000's but most likely a different supervisor now on those routes so they be wanting different things 

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Aren't any more. Were the Ravenston, Brownage, and Blue out of 54th.

Are these not examples of the interlining? 

• The Loop
  • Brown Line and Purple Line Express between the Loop and Belmont (with the Red Line joining around Willow Street)
  • Red Line and Purple Line Express between Belmont and Howard
  • Orange and Green Lines between the Loop and 17th Street
  • Pink and Green Lines between the Loop and Paulina

If not, what's the technical term for interlining?

2 hours ago, curiousgent31385 said:

If not, what's the technical term for interlining?

Interlining consists of several routes in sequence in one run. For instance, the Brownage started at Midway, ran in service on the Orange Line, became a Brown Line, and did the reverse on the way back. Reason was that there is no way to expand Kimball Yard without destroying the Albany Park business district.

Interlining is more frequent on the bus side, such as in tracking the electric buses, a 12 became a 66, or because FG doesn't have articulateds, a NP bus did a FG school trip.

Pace used to interline nearly everything at a common terminal point (suchs as Elgin TC, Sheridan Road in Waukegan), but not as much now. For instance, about 20 years ago, a 212 was scheduled to leave Evanston 20 minutes before one returned, but to maintain the scheduled interval of once an hour on a trip that took 80 minutes to complete, 212 pulling into Benson St. flipped to 208 and 208 flipped to 212. That ended when 212 was discontinued. For North  Division to cover 272, there is a long interline of 565 or 572 to 574 to 272.

What you mentioned is, at most, using the same track.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Interlining consists of several routes in sequence in one run. For instance, the Brownage started at Midway, ran in service on the Orange Line, became a Brown Line, and did the reverse on the way back. Reason was that there is no way to expand Kimball Yard without destroying the Albany Park business district.

Interlining is more frequent on the bus side, such as in tracking the electric buses, a 12 became a 66, or because FG doesn't have articulateds, a NP bus did a FG school trip.

Pace used to interline nearly everything at a common terminal point (suchs as Elgin TC, Sheridan Road in Waukegan), but not as much now. For instance, about 20 years ago, a 212 was scheduled to leave Evanston 20 minutes before one returned, but to maintain the scheduled interval of once an hour on a trip that took 80 minutes to complete, 212 pulling into Benson St. flipped to 208 and 208 flipped to 212. That ended when 212 was discontinued. For North  Division to cover 272, there is a long interline of 565 or 572 to 574 to 272.

What you mentioned is, at most, using the same track.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Do a lot of CTA bus routes interline at the Jefferson Park terminal?