Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

17 hours ago, Busjack said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned someone shooting into 1268 letting someone off NB on 4 at Cottage Grove and 79th, killing one and injuring another (ABC7).

I was thinking about mentioning it but it slipped my mind. All in all that is the very reason why the relief point is at 71st now. Until the alderman finds enough balls to clean up that corner and shutdown the liquor store that has nothing but gang activity,drug addicts/dealing and junkies that area will be nothing more than an eye sore in East Chatham. I hate working the X4 and having to make stops there because of the ticking time bomb that is always looming around there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I was thinking about mentioning it but it slipped my mind. All in all that is the very reason why the relief point is at 71st now. Until the alderman finds enough balls to clean up that corner and shutdown the liquor store that has nothing but gang activity,drug addicts/dealing and junkies that area will be nothing more than an eye sore in East Chatham. I hate working the X4 and having to make stops there because of the ticking time bomb that is always looming around there.

You know they aren't about to clean it uo cause the aldermen is getting paid from it also how crooked those people are & CPD don't give a dam cause it's not in the money area they know what's going on but don't wanna do nothing about it 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

That liquor store has been there forever.   It's not closing.   It's too popular and there could be a different discrimination element if you know what i mean.

Unless the 95th Red Line terminus is temporary,  perhaps CTA should move the relief point from 71st to 95th Red Line.  We know 71st isn't the safest street on the South Side either.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

They should put yall relief point at 95th & the red line instead of having it at 71st but they Aldo need to move that bus stop down some cuz tbh yall be in the way making it a one lane going north lol

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:12 AM, artthouwill said:

That liquor store has been there forever.   It's not closing.   It's too popular and there could be a different discrimination element if you know what i mean.

Unless the 95th Red Line terminus is temporary,  perhaps CTA should move the relief point from 71st to 95th Red Line.  We know 71st isn't the safest street on the South Side either.

You what's ironic about your statement is starting Monday the relief will now be relocated to 95th and State until further notice. I kid you not the bulletin caught me off guard when I saw it. So that will slightly improve the street a little bit but I wonder how the trips to 115th will be effected though.

16706991719998007973123073830849.jpg

1 hour ago, urbanguy0508 said:

Why is there no bus service (CTA or Pace) on Devon Avenue west of Kedzie? 

Devon.thumb.JPG.0d7741bf7fdbcf10b2626975556fb3ba.JPG

Probably because of the lack of passenger demand. There was service about 30 years ago. You can read the route history on Chicago Transit and Rail Fan, Than CTA. then Surface transit routes-Past and Present.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, urbanguy0508 said:

Why is there no bus service (CTA or Pace) on Devon Avenue west of Kedzie? 

Devon.thumb.JPG.0d7741bf7fdbcf10b2626975556fb3ba.JPG

You can also search this site for Superdawg Feeder. But, again, 14, 155A, and 211 having been there, @sht6131 is correct; little ridership, especially west of Cicero Ave.

On your map, 210 is the next to be killed.

• Upvote 1

During their run have anyone ever came across a black crown victoria while on their tips I've encountered one 3 times today while doing Ashland and all 3 times the car was driving reckless twice it blew a red light then turned in front of me while I was picking up passengers these drivers on the Ashland route are wild eson the south end 

13 hours ago, MichelleC72 said:

During their run have anyone ever came across a black crown victoria while on their tips I've encountered one 3 times today while doing Ashland and all 3 times the car was driving reckless twice it blew a red light then turned in front of me while I was picking up passengers these drivers on the Ashland route are wild eson the south end 

If you go up this topic, you'll at least get the screen name?.

14 hours ago, MichelleC72 said:

32 minutes ago, Busjack said:

If you go up this topic, you'll at least get the screen name?.

Hint:  He's not a South Sider 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MichelleC72 said:

Seems like someone is new to the south side ?

Does anybody know If the person who drives the x98 bus only does that route or do they do other routes. The reason why I ask is bc I was watching a youtube vid of a guy ridding the bus and he said in the area where you can see the info of the vid that he drove with the same driver for 4 straight hours. So does the driver do any other routes besides the x98.  

39 minutes ago, Jackson232 said:

Does anybody know If the person who drives the x98 bus only does that route or do they do other routes. The reason why I ask is bc I was watching a youtube vid of a guy ridding the bus and he said in the area where you can see the info of the vid that he drove with the same driver for 4 straight hours. So does the driver do any other routes besides the x98.  

Hello i’m the creator of that video . The operator of the X98 route does NOT just stick on that route . Prior to the bus route changing to X98 , it’s on 85 Central . If you seen my video on 8370 on 85 Central , it was that same operator . He pulled in 8370 & pulled out 8211 & he let me ride with him . Moral of the story is , the operator doesn’t only drive X98 . The block for the route on cta.maths22.com is 85 -401 & as the last bus on Route 85 , they deadhead from Forest Glen Garage to Morton Grove IL. at Golf Road & Waukegan where the X98 starts .

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jackson232 said:

Imma go on YouTube & watch that I haven't seen that 

47 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

Hello i’m the creator of that video . The operator of the X98 route does NOT just stick on that route . Prior to the bus route changing to X98 , it’s on 85 Central . If you seen my video on 8370 on 85 Central , it was that same operator . He pulled in 8370 & pulled out 8211 & he let me ride with him . Moral of the story is , the operator doesn’t only drive X98 . The block for the route on cta.maths22.com is 85 -401 & as the last bus on Route 85 , they deadhead from Forest Glen Garage to Morton Grove IL. at Golf Road & Waukegan where the X98 starts .

My only question is why the operator changed buses?  Was that a one time thing or does that run always change buses?