Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

On 2/11/2023 at 6:49 PM, BananaBus14 said:

To add on,
49: Lane Tech and Roberto Clemente Academy
54B: St. Laurence/Queen of Peace H.S, and it's PM trip (From 74th) becomes a 47th bus upon arrival at Cicero & Archer, then a 9 to 74th upon arrival at 47th & Ashland
56:  Schurz High School, (Tripper from NP)

82: Serves Von Steuben and has trips for Northside College Prep, usually daily artics from NP
85: Has trips for Foreman College and Career academy,
91 serves St. Patrick High school
92: Northside College Prep (WB Trip from FG), and Ammundsen High School, interesting how the Northside trip from FG has an interline with the 88, and 90 on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri, but on Wed it has a 56 interline
93: Serves ETHS, and Mather HS
94: Serves Lane Tech, Kelly H.S
152: Lane Tech (NP)
206: ETHS (NP)

It's so weird that they changed the name of foreman I remember the days riding the 85 from foreman high-school as what I know it as

31 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

It's so weird that they changed the name of foreman I remember the days riding the 85 from foreman high-school as what I know it as

Odds are, there aren't many high schools officially called that in Chicago (but that may be an overstatement on my part). Most are some sort of Academy, such as College Prep, Military, etc. Maybe it has something to do with the emphasis away from neighborhood schools.

36 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Odds are, there aren't many high schools officially called that in Chicago (but that may be an overstatement on my part). Most are some sort of Academy, such as College Prep, Military, etc. Maybe it has something to do with the emphasis away from neighborhood schools.

Idk but they scores have then went up a whole lot & they are off of probation vs when I was there 09-early 13 it was it was on probation & on the tailed to get shut down it was it was full of gangmembers then 

10 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Idk but they scores have then went up a whole lot & they are off of probation vs when I was there 09-early 13 it was it was on probation & on the tailed to get shut down it was it was full of gangmembers then 

You prompted me to look, which indicated that Foreman and a lot of other schools were slated for restructuring. Looks like it became more focused on certain college and career fields (like electronics).

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

You prompted me to look, which indicated that Foreman and a lot of other schools were slated for restructuring. Looks like it became more focused on certain college and career fields (like electronics).

Yea that change happened years after I left I think they changed the name in 18-19 

21 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It has been brought to my attention that #1010 and #1011 may be converted into WB1 and WB2. Seats and fareboxes have been removed from both buses and they're currently stripped of there livery to an all white color. Photo isn't mine.

IMG_4459.jpg

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1010 and 1011 are spotted all white without any decals or stuff, and one of the buses still has a license plate. Why are these buses being removed from wrap?

There's your answer. 

14 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I'll be shocked if we get anymore just give away those elderly #7900s for more #1000s from 103rd because they're due to get more from what I'm hearing.

How many New Flyers do we have on this forum?

@Mr.NewFlyer1279

@Mr.NewFlyer1051

@NewFlyerMCI 

@newflyer1846

@NewFlyer0627

It seems like more New Flyers are coming rather than retiring!  LOL.  

CAN'T  wait to see what garage gets Novas after 103rd.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

@Mr.NewFlyer1279

@Mr.NewFlyer1051

@NewFlyerMCI 

@newflyer1846

@NewFlyer0627

1051 is my old account i forgot the password to it?

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 4:35 PM, artthouwill said:

@Mr.NewFlyer1279

@Mr.NewFlyer1051

@NewFlyerMCI 

@newflyer1846

@NewFlyer0627

Well I’m bus #1883 which I never named myself new Flyer LOL

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2023 at 12:30 PM, Busjack said:

Official notice, but was reflected above. Civic Staffing is a temp agency, and apparently found a cheaper way to get its workers home.

BTW, it isn't even Avon anymore, but Farevea. Maybe it no longer needed temps or that agency.

Video of the public hearing for the proposed elimination of the #X98 Avon Express held on February 21, 2023. As predicted, no comment, only 3 riders, no subsidy, no bus.

34 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

I wish CTA could’ve been an all New Flyer fleet like Las Vegas and Milwaukee. Imagine the 6400s replacements being New Flyers, the 1000s replacements being New Flyers and the 600s being New Flyers too. I think CTA might end up being an all Nova fleet in the next few years. 

Replacing some 1000’s with New Flyers would sound really good just like when the 7900s, 8325s and the 8350-series Novas replaced the 6400-series. I remember back through the early 2000s the 6400s were the only Novas CTA had until 2014 to when the 7900s starting to come into the picture. Having a transit agency with just one bus brand would be a bit boring but hey I’m not a huge fan of Novas besides the 6400s that’s completely retired from service. I hope CTA doesn’t choose Nova artics to replace the 4000’s and another 40 foot set of buses to replace the soon to be remaining 400 buses of the 1000-series within 5-6 years from now.

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

I hope CTA doesn’t choose Nova artics to replace the 4000’s and another 40 foot set of buses to replace the soon to be remaining 400 buses of the 1000-series within 5-6 years from now.

If this is other than wishful thinking, you have to figure out why NF, which has about 3 times the production capacity of Nova Bus, can't be the lowest qualified bidder on CTA contracts (while, surprisingly, it was on a Pace contract).

As I noted before, CTA can't just go to Bob Rohrrrrrrman Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Kia and New Flyer to buy a bus. Also, with the likelihood that future purchases will be BEBs, there probably will be other entrants to the field (i.e., CTA didn't buy CHARGE buses on the Proterra and Nova LFSe grants).