Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

On 10/11/2023 at 9:58 AM, Busjack said:
  • At least the current administration got RLE and RPM off the schneid, something prior administrations couldn't do. I mentioned all the projects that the Daley II and MAYOR RAHM EMANUEL administrations proposed, such as the Circle Line, Mid-City Line, Block 37, and Elon Musk's Boring Co. tunnel to O'Hare that turned out to be pure hooey, not to mention projects that were done, but not as represented, such as the Brown Line rebuild that wasn't and didn't use pressure-treated lumber, or the first Dan Ryan project, which it turned out only  replaced crossovers.

I'd count J14 as misrepresentation because we never got the TSP enhancements. That was just to try and get extra artics that they realized later they couldn't really make use of properly since we don't have 8 garages 

11 minutes ago, Smolensk said:

I still see senior citizens standing near the bus stops waving frantically at the Pulse buses and saying "MIster, mister, why the bus no stop?"  I explain to them that they have to walk up to Haft and they say "I can't walk that far."  Then I explain that they'll have to wait another 45 minutes.

The restrictions on 270 stopping in the city were only during rush hour.  They made all stops at other times.

The latter is true.

On the first point, Niles provides the "last mile" trip, but Chicago doesn't.

19 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

I'd count J14 as misrepresentation because we never got the TSP enhancements. That was just to try and get extra artics that they realized later they couldn't really make use of properly since we don't have 8 garages 

It depends what J14 was supposed to be, and what BRT is. J14 was then represented as a grant to "demonstrate various elements of BRT," such as the residential area station at 100th and the commercial area station at 71st, Only place where TSP was promised was Anthony.

Similarly, Pulse is not BRT, but ART. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the only true BRT suggested was for the center lanes of Ashland, which the community quickly shot down.

14 was run with artics long before the J branding.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

It depends what J14 was supposed to be, and what BRT is. J14 was then represented as a grant to "demonstrate various elements of BRT," such as the residential area station at 100th and the commercial area station at 71st, Only place where TSP was promised was Anthony.

Anthony was supposed to have a queue jump which never happened. 73rd to 84th was supposed to have tsp which never happened unless it's supposed to trigger when a bus is behind like ART but a lot of J14s tend to be but yet still never seen it trigger so that's basically"BRT Creep" (BRT without the elements that make it true brt). Other forums have pointed this out as they simply end up using this to get free artics 

12 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Anthony was supposed to have a queue jump which never happened. 73rd to 84th was supposed to have tsp which never happened unless it's supposed to trigger when a bus is behind like ART but a lot of J14s tend to be but yet still never seen it trigger so that's basically"BRT Creep" (BRT without the elements that make it true brt). Other forums have pointed this out as they simply end up using this to get free artics 

Sorry, your "facts" are just wrong.

44 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I've lived over east most of my life and always end up back here so unless the project was cancelled I can say with my own eyes that I've hardly if EVER seen tsp activate. I know existing 4000s were used for the Jump before the 4300s hit service on the start of the decrowding plan. Im not @NitroI've lived in these areas I'm taking about ?

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Now as far as my facts on brt Creep then yeah that was a bit rambunctious of an assumption BUT you see I usually have a quote that even if I don't have the time to quote it in the moment; I normally pop up with a link or something to show where I'm coming from slick ??

The 20 never has a dull moment a guy jumped on  my bus at Cicero this morning his blick with a switch falls out if his jacket he quickly gets it & say bro you didn't see nothing I tell him well make sure it don't fall out again & I didn't see nothing when he got off the bus he put his mask on & was looking around hard af I'm think like yea hew in the rivals area now he was walking fast as hell

4 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

say bro you didn't see nothing

I mentioned before that every CTA bus (and train car) has 10 high definition cameras, and there are also a bunch in every station. You may "have seen nothing," but the incident was recorded. The guy was too dumb to figure out that he might be on the next TV news story: "this person {security camera image on screen) is suspected of ..." I don't know how many are arrested as a result, but he left the evidence.

The crime doesn't have to be on CTA; a killer in Western Springs was traced through having been detected by cameras on the Orange Line (as well as having the victim's cell phone tracked).

9 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I mentioned before that every CTA bus (and train car) has 10 high definition cameras, and there are also a bunch in every station. You may "have seen nothing," but the incident was recorded. The guy was too dumb to figure out that he might be on the next TV news story: "this person {security camera image on screen) is suspected of ..." I don't know how many are arrested as a result, but he left the evidence.

The crime doesn't have to be on CTA; a killer in Western Springs was traced through having been detected by cameras on the Orange Line (as well as having the victim's cell phone tracked).

Depends on if they are going to arrest the person with a warrant.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Yea I know they can trace your steps but at the same time that's his business not mines whether they catch him or not they I'm still gone get paid regardless my business that clock 

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

I guess we can watch the news and see if anything happens where a connection can be made. 

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea I know they can trace your steps but at the same time that's his business not mines whether they catch him or not they I'm still gone get paid regardless my business that clock 

I'm not telling you you should have done something; I'm just saying how dumb (or overconfident) the punks are.

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Depends on if they are going to arrest the person with a warrant.

Thank you for your incisive analysts of Criminal Procedure. As BusHunter could have told you (if he were still around), I went to law school--you didn't. One can't get a warrant before one identifies a suspect, but the camera should make that much easier.

Let's see: you didn't go to law school, you didn't go to engineering school, you were in Chicago once, but you're the expert on everything.

On 10/11/2023 at 1:52 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Man yesterday while I was doing the 72 I had people going off on me about how they had to wait 25 mins for me to pull up I told them look in my box I'm basically on time 2 mins late bit I also told them take that uo with 567 cause they are the ones who put out the schedule hell the bus in front of me had then make it back to Harlem and we crossed paths a few mins later at central I just shook my head & said oh well I'm still getting paid people are beyond pissed with CTA even a 85 yea old lady said that she was going to buy her another car because bus service sucks now ??

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Schedules don't dictate manpower. If they had to wait 25 minutes, that means you're missing a leader or possibly two for that factor.

That's what I didn't understand from @Shannoncvpi's post. Maybe he can explain if his leader was so far ahead or behind him that the gap arose. He didn't say what time of day, but the schedule indicates about 11-15 minutes from North/Neva, and then  every 15 to 17 minutes from North/Neva and every 7 to 9 minutes from North/Narragansett, so 25 minutes indicates that a trip got missed. A 22-minue interval is scheduled only after 8:00 p.m.

19 minutes ago, Busjack said:

That's what I didn't understand from @Shannoncvpi's post. Maybe he can explain if his leader was so far ahead or behind him that the gap arose. He didn't say what time of day, but the schedule indicates about 11-15 minutes from North/Neva, and then  every 15 to 17 minutes from North/Neva and every 7 to 9 minutes from North/Narragansett, so 25 minutes indicates that a trip got missed. A 22-minue interval is scheduled only after 8:00 p.m.

I appreciate you for listing the intervals because I'm not familiar with the Northern routes such as the 72. I'll assume it was the mid to late afternoon for that gap to be at least 25 minutes for those passengers, which means there is a bus missing in front of him that would cause such a delay like that.

22 hours ago, Busjack said:

Thank you for your incisive analysts of Criminal Procedure. As BusHunter could have told you (if he were still around), I went to law school--you didn't. One can't get a warrant before one identifies a suspect, but the camera should make that much easier.

Let's see: you didn't go to law school, you didn't go to engineering school, you were in Chicago once, but you're the expert on everything.

It depends on what you see and if the media will make anything publicized or not. Most crimes in the country aren't shown on the mainstream te lie vision.

28 minutes ago, Nitro said:

It depends on what you see and if the media will make anything publicized or not. Most crimes in the country aren't shown on the mainstream te lie vision.

Obviously, you don't get WGN-TV, WLS-TV, WMAQ-TV, or WBBM-TV in the New York market (unless you are streaming them on the apps). I don't purport to know what is on NEW YORK'S VERY OWN WPIX News, or on WABC7 Eyewitness News without Ravi Baichwal. If you did, you would have known again, DA Alvin Bragg, that your post is totally irrelevant.

if you care, and I know you don't, you can look at something like the WGN web page for how crime is covered in Chicago.