Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

The wrapped text on the 29 sign is probably the funniest example. 

I can't believe no one has complained about that either, I saw that yesterday while heading home and couldn't believe how they had it all bunched on the right side like a square. I believe it was either 1153 or 1155 I saw that text on. 

13 minutes ago, Ghoul said:

Uhh don’t get me started on that it’s so ugly when I look at it ?

IMG_1374.jpeg

Besides being ugly, either CTA became more or less consistent. Before this, if the terminal was at an L station, but the L wasn't continuing in the same direction, the color of the line wasn't on the bus sign, such as, in this instance, just "29 STATE/95th." Somewhat similar for Howard and sometimes Midway. Now, it appears that the L line color is usually on the bus destination sign, although Howard has just been TO HOWARD L STN for a while. Still no consistency in the shrinkage, such as 93 CALIFORNIA DODGE to DAVIS PURPLE LN being on 2 lines, but 93 CALIFORNIA DODGE to KIMBALL BROWN LN each being on one.

hey everyone, i have a request for any photographers who might be able to help me out. i’m looking for a few pictures of a few particular busses: looking for any pics of artics on routes 54, 62, 53, 66 and 52. 

I have a few of these.

Rather than tying all of them to this forum's software (which might gag on all of these), I put them to a gallery page on a semi-anonymous W-WW host. They are from routes #53 Pulaski, #54 Cicero, and #66 Chicago.

https://www.imagebam.com/view/GAA25N

https://www.imagebam.com/view/GAA25O

Here are three sample images from the lines.

53pulaski-037(4081).jpg

54cicero-374(4123).jpg

66chicago-063(4137).jpg

Edited by pudgym29
Including the quote - but not who made it

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

that bus is retired and scrapped for parts whole front is gutted out

Aw ok yea I never remember seeing it in the boneyard so i was like let me ask about it looked like the damage was fixable but I see it wasn't 

2 hours ago, dailycommuter62 said:

This begs the question how will cta be tasked with supporting the dnc this summer?

I might be going Father Pfleger here, but if CTA doesn't have the manpower or equipment to run its normal schedules, it shouldn't be running this. But the calendar says CTA has already authorized an agreement to run it.

So apparently while #8411 was OOS at SS, apparently the bus was given a brand new farebox from the new contractor there is also another bus being a New Flyer that also has the new Farebox installed on it as well. I hope they're as stated of the art as CTA proclaims them to be.

Today showed me I need to take a mental leave from cta while working the 66 a guy got off my bus & Immediately opened fire on someone who they ran into I punched the gas & raced off but it just brought back flashbacks from my days in combat in Iraq & Afghanistan in fire fights & going through landmines etc when I say cta can be mentally challenging at times yea it tests tf out of your mental state 

• Upvote 1

The Brown line has been disrupted and suspended since 6am this morning due to a mechanical problem. What type of mechanical problem would suspend a train service for 8 hours? Did a brown line train crash or catch on fire, this is a pretty long service disruption for a mechanical problem. I’m glad the 50 Damen exist or I wouldn’t be able to go to work today. When I close at my job I miss the last southbound 50 Damen on weekends, I hope I won’t have to walk home tonight due to the brown line service disruption, Uber and Lyft are way too expensive to ride. 

15 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

The Brown line has been disrupted and suspended since 6am this morning due to a mechanical problem. What type of mechanical problem would suspend a train service for 8 hours? Did a brown line train crash or catch on fire, this is a pretty long service disruption for a mechanical problem. I’m glad the 50 Damen exist or I wouldn’t be able to go to work today. When I close at my job I miss the last southbound 50 Damen on weekends, I hope I won’t have to walk home tonight due to the brown line service disruption, Uber and Lyft are way too expensive to ride. 

it got to the point where they put the Orange and Brown into one line operating Belmont-Midway wit service suspended Kimball-Belmont, 

29 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

It's brutally cold today.  Apparently there's an issue of some sort  north of Belmont.   It could be anything from track switches to freezing air lines on a train.    At least as @Mr.NewFlyer1279points out, CTA could provide Orange Line and Brown Line combination service between Midway and Belmont.   Apparently they are using all Orange Line equipment  for the service.   Hopefully they can get full service restored. 

14 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It's brutally cold today.  Apparently there's an issue of some sort  north of Belmont.   It could be anything from track switches to freezing air lines on a train.    At least as @Mr.NewFlyer1279points out, CTA could provide Orange Line and Brown Line combination service between Midway and Belmont.   Apparently they are using all Orange Line equipment  for the service.   Hopefully they can get full service restored. 

Thank you, I’m like no that’s my most reliable way to get around. I think the worst day of the cold is tomorrow which is the holiday. Would it be holiday schedule tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Apparently there's an issue of some sort  north of Belmont.   It could be anything from track switches to freezing air lines on a train.

It's probably a frozen switch, iced-up third rail,  or ice impeding a grade crossing. Since the alert says "Brown Line service has been temporarily suspended between Belmont and Kimball due to mechanical problems from severe cold near Kimball" I'm betting on a switch.  It's definitely not a frozen air line because CTA rail has not had air brakes beginning with the 1947 PCCs.

Metra usually  has gas burners under some switches, but I haven't heard anything about that on CTA.