7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

1 hour ago, wayfaringrob said:

7119, 7120, 7021, and 7022 in service together on run 119 today.

That adds up to 15 eight car consists of 7000s.  I don't know if CTA would actually do this,  but now that the DNC is near, now would be a great time to run all of the 7000s or as many as possible.   If CTA is planning to showcase its 8350s bus series, why not showcase the new 7000s?  

10 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

That adds up to 15 eight car consists of 7000s.  I don't know if CTA would actually do this,  but now that the DNC is near, now would be a great time to run all of the 7000s or as many as possible.   If CTA is planning to showcase its 8350s bus series, why not showcase the new 7000s?  

the cars are up to 7130 at rosemont, i believe 7131-40 are at skokie 

25 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The more the merrier.   At this slow pace,  the 9000s may start testing before delivery of the 7000s is complete  

Although CTA was not transparent about it, I think that's the intent. If RLE is now supposed to be complete by 2030 and will need a minimum of 84 additional cars (maybe 100 if the Red Line goes to 10 car trains, in which CTA would also need the other expansion cars), at this rate te CRRC contract couldn't take care of it, unless the assumption (which a lot of you guys have) is that CTA is going to keep 2600s until 2035 or so. At some point before RLE goes into service, CTA will have to get 7000s and 9000s simultaneously.