tobuadantoq Posted June 14, 2007 Report Posted June 14, 2007 Do you know anyone who has a recent run number list route by route? Quote
tobuadantoq Posted June 15, 2007 Author Report Posted June 15, 2007 Topic = <3 How can I get a recent run number list route by route? Quote
Aiden Tabucic Posted April 26, 2019 Report Posted April 26, 2019 Does anyone have the recent run number list Quote
noktulo Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 Random question — I'm working on a redesign of the onboard passenger info screens for fun and I was curious if run numbers have a use for the average passenger. CTA is the only transit system I've used where run numbers are prominently displayed and audibly announced as well. I'm curious why CTA does this when most other systems don't seem to. Quote
wayfaringrob Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 55 minutes ago, noktulo said: Random question — I'm working on a redesign of the onboard passenger info screens for fun and I was curious if run numbers have a use for the average passenger. CTA is the only transit system I've used where run numbers are prominently displayed and audibly announced as well. I'm curious why CTA does this when most other systems don't seem to. I've never heard the run number announced on the bus, and a lot of agencies do have the run box in the front window. I have only recently found a use for the bus run number as a rider. There's a route I take late at night, and sometimes I miss it by a few minutes, but now I have noticed that it's the same run number since I'm often leaving at the same time. Delays are typically minimal overnight, but now I can check in my tracking app for when that particular run is coming. Quote
strictures Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 7 hours ago, wayfaringrob said: I've never heard the run number announced on the bus, and a lot of agencies do have the run box in the front window. I have only recently found a use for the bus run number as a rider. There's a route I take late at night, and sometimes I miss it by a few minutes, but now I have noticed that it's the same run number since I'm often leaving at the same time. Delays are typically minimal overnight, but now I can check in my tracking app for when that particular run is coming. Yes they do announce them on the buses, but maybe just once per run. 1 Quote
sht6131 Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 9 hours ago, wayfaringrob said: I've never heard the run number announced on the bus, and a lot of agencies do have the run box in the front window. I have only recently found a use for the bus run number as a rider. There's a route I take late at night, and sometimes I miss it by a few minutes, but now I have noticed that it's the same run number since I'm often leaving at the same time. Delays are typically minimal overnight, but now I can check in my tracking app for when that particular run is coming. Interesting. Is there a bus tracking app. that shows the same run number as the the run number in the box? The run number we see on the screen is different than the run number in the box. the CTA train app shows the actual run number. Quote
Sam92 Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 10 hours ago, noktulo said: Random question — I'm working on a redesign of the onboard passenger info screens for fun and I was curious if run numbers have a use for the average passenger. CTA is the only transit system I've used where run numbers are prominently displayed and audibly announced as well. I'm curious why CTA does this when most other systems don't seem to. All systems usually display run numbers. It's how the run system is set up that differs. I've seen systems with a run system similar to how maths22 displays (goes by the pull out sequence), then you have pace which goes by time of day and aren't assigned to a route, it's strictly by the order of pull outs so 101 could be 352, 102 could be 349 etc. The bigger the system the more complex it gets like CTA; every street or group of 2-3 streets is a assigned a run number and if Interlined, takes the run group of the route you spend most of your shift on. 9 hours ago, wayfaringrob said: I've never heard the run number announced on the bus, and a lot of agencies do have the run box in the front window. I have only recently found a use for the bus run number as a rider. There's a route I take late at night, and sometimes I miss it by a few minutes, but now I have noticed that it's the same run number since I'm often leaving at the same time. Delays are typically minimal overnight, but now I can check in my tracking app for when that particular run is coming. It doesn't get audibly announced like the train but it shows up randomly on the stop announcement system or when a relief is done. Compared to commuter rail train numbers no the run number is more of use internally than for the customer. 2 minutes ago, sht6131 said: Interesting. Is there a bus tracking app. that shows the same run number as the the run number in the box? The run number we see on the screen is different than the run number in the box. the CTA train app shows the actual run number. For safety reasons CTA makes sure bus run #'s don't get leaked. Crazy people have a lot of time on their hands. Quote
EasyMoney Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 6 hours ago, strictures said: Yes they do announce them on the buses, but maybe just once per run. I’m a operator and I never heard the bus announce the run number I only know the train does it at certain checkpoints Quote
artthouwill Posted April 30 Report Posted April 30 1 hour ago, EasyMoney said: I’m a operator and I never heard the bus announce the run number I only know the train does it at certain checkpoints I haven't heard a run number announcement on a bus before in passenger service. However I have SEEN a run number on the display that shows the next sto orsto requested but this usually occurs during a driver switch at a relief point. When the new driver logs in, the run number will display one time. Ur i have NEVER HEARD te run number announcements on the buses before. Quote
strictures Posted May 1 Report Posted May 1 17 hours ago, EasyMoney said: I’m a operator and I never heard the bus announce the run number I only know the train does it at certain checkpoints I've only heard once on a bus, when it came up on the red LED display. Maybe that's a programming error specific to that one bus & it's not supposed to be announced, but somehow was. But I definitely heard it! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.