Academy/Pace operations.....

Another thought occurred to me. Could it be possible that 2793/2794 was sent to Westmont (see New El Dorados thread) so they can send 2 Nabis back to Academy to take out 2290/2293? Maybe 5750 could enlighten us on that.

That sounds like a good analysis. I hope that happens as our last two Orions are extremely worn out. Orion #2290 runs ok, but #2293, forget it!!

That sounds like a good analysis. I hope that happens as our last two Orions are extremely worn out. Orion #2290 runs ok, but #2293, forget it!!

Seems that Academy needs more 40 foot so It would've been better since Southwest just got few 2700s now, then they could've send Novas #2379 and one of Ex-West ones to Academy to replace 2290/2293. And have Westmont send 2 NABIs to South so phase out one of worst 1999 NABIs.

• Upvote 1

Seems that Academy needs more 40 foot so It would've been better since Southwest just got few 2700s now, then they could've send Novas #2379 and one of Ex-West ones to Academy to replace 2290/2293. And have Westmont send 2 NABIs to South so phase out one of worst 1999 NABIs.

That would probably depend on the condition of 2379, 2384, and 2399 or 2400. I think they are trying to get rid of those buses too. If they need 40-footers, the most logical choice would be to get them from West since they have at least half of the Nabis. South won't give up anything anytime soon. We also have to determine the fate of route 616 before anything gets done. Although the consensus from most people on here is that 616 will see just service reduced as opposed to it being canned, it should free up a bus, maybe 2. If it gets canned, then qwantae's point could be up for discussion. There's no doubt that Pace is looking to get the Orions and Nova Classics out of service as quickly as possible with the El Dorados out and about. I can't see 2290/2293 being around past this month.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Academy, #6608 was brought back to replace #2293 which was shipped out last week sometime. I just confirmed it an hour ago. Orion #2290 is all thats left. Academy fleet as of 9/24/10

Orion

Nabi

6641 6249 6642

6250 6645 6254 6646

6606 6608 6631 6664

6632 6681 6634 6635

• 5 weeks later...

I cant believe Pace is running ELD's #2769/#2770 on the #606 route today.

It appears NW is content on running Eldos on all their routes on the weekends at this point due to less passengers except 290, but we'll see if that continues during the holiday season. They must also be resting their Orions; they are on the chopping block in less than 2 years, especially 6000-6041 at NW. I'm sure they are probably beat up.

It appears NW is content on running Eldos on all their routes on the weekends at this point due to less passengers except 290, but we'll see if that continues during the holiday season. They must also be resting their Orions; they are on the chopping block in less than 2 years, especially 6000-6041 at NW. I'm sure they are probably beat up.

I hope youre right because the Eldos will not be even close to getting the job done on the #606 during the upcoming holiday season.

I hope youre right because the Eldos will not be even close to getting the job done on the #606 during the upcoming holiday season.

Once upon a time, Pace used to have extra service to Woodfield mall (all the malls in fact), from day after Thanksgiving to about New Years because of the amount of people going to the mall. Times have really changed as I don't believe they do that anymore. That would warrant 40-footers for sure, but I guess it just isn't that popular anymore due to the economy.

Once upon a time, Pace used to have extra service to Woodfield mall (all the malls in fact), from day after Thanksgiving to about New Years because of the amount of people going to the mall. Times have really changed as I don't believe they do that anymore. That would warrant 40-footers for sure, but I guess it just isn't that popular anymore due to the economy.

Just last week I was assigned to driver training, my trainee was driving while I supervised. We had fallen behind on our departure time from Rosemont on the #606 because we had a full standing load with a Nabi 35ft bus. Some passengers had to wait for the next #606 bus because they couldnt fit in ours. In addition, an outbound CTA Blue Line train to OHare had pulled into the station, there was absolutely nothing we could do, there were no known gaps in service. Had we had a 40ft bus we could have accommodated those waiting passengers.

Just last week I was assigned to driver training, my trainee was driving while I supervised. We had fallen behind on our departure time from Rosemont on the #606 because we had a full standing load with a Nabi 35ft bus. Some passengers had to wait for the next #606 bus because they couldnt fit in ours. In addition, an outbound CTA Blue Line train to OHare had pulled into the station, there was absolutely nothing we could do, there were no known gaps in service. Had we had a 40ft bus we could have accommodated those waiting passengers.

I can definitely vouch for that since our bus left 10 minutes later (and got to HQ late as a direct result) since so many people got on. It was extremely uncomfortable to even stand (never mind sitting down).

I can definitely vouch for that since our bus left 10 minutes later (and got to HQ late as a direct result) since so many people got on. It was extremely uncomfortable to even stand (never mind sitting down).

Possibly related to this topic, several others, or none, was the late Moving Forward saying that a test electronic next bus sign was installed in front of Headquarters for route 606. Maybe now the suits will figure out why the bus doesn't arrive when scheduled (or probably when the sign says, since they say it is based on WebWatch)

I was prompted to say the following in response to the North rumors, but it probably fits here: with all the stimulus buses undoubtedly here, someone should figure out what size bus is needed where. Further bus shuffling shouldn't be justified, except to resolve current needs.We've been speculating that 2800s went to SW to free 6000s to W to free 6200s for someone else, or that 6600s from Westmont will go to NS to free up 6200s for Academy (as well as retire about 11 Orion Is), but it is time for whomever sends the paperwork to Pace 834 to pull the trigger.

I love working the #606 because of how busy it is. But this day it was busier than Ive ever seen it in the three years Ive worked that line.

I was prompted to say the following in response to the North rumors, but it probably fits here: with all the stimulus buses undoubtedly here, someone should figure out what size bus is needed where. Further bus shuffling shouldn't be justified, except to resolve current needs.We've been speculating that 2800s went to SW to free 6000s to W to free 6200s for someone else, or that 6600s from Westmont will go to NS to free up 6200s for Academy (as well as retire about 11 Orion Is), but it is time for whomever sends the paperwork to Pace 834 to pull the trigger.

I've been seeing Eldo's in rush hour on the #221 and #223 which is kind of shocking to me. I know the #221 gets hit by an office park on Touhy (20-30 riders) and factory workers on Wolf Rd. (10-15) Then it has to deal with Maine West at Oakton and the Kensington Business center which has about 10-15 riders too. I've seen the PM commute myself which is packed with a standing load on an Eldo. I can only imagine what it's like in the AM. I wonder if some riders are getting left behind there at Rosemont as well. As far as buses moving around I've noticed #6668 was at West. I believe someone on here said that was a Westmont bus. So possibly a few buses may be moving around. Anyone know if Westmont has received anything over #2793 or 94?

I've been seeing Eldo's in rush hour on the #221 and #223 which is kind of shocking to me. I know the #221 gets hit by an office park on Touhy (20-30 riders) and factory workers on Wolf Rd. (10-15) Then it has to deal with Maine West at Oakton and the Kensington Business center which has about 10-15 riders too. I've seen the PM commute myself which is packed with a standing load on an Eldo. I can only imagine what it's like in the AM. I wonder if some riders are getting left behind there at Rosemont as well. As far as buses moving around I've noticed #6668 was at West. I believe someone on here said that was a Westmont bus. So possibly a few buses may be moving around. Anyone know if Westmont has received anything over #2793 or 94?

@Bushunter, look at the El Dorado thread for my update on the El Dorados at Westmont now. And 6668 was indeed a Westmont bus, not too surprised it went to West as that garage has been loading up 6600s lately.

I dont get it how they use Eldos for these routes, the Orions go out fully loaded. Morning rush at Rosemont is not a joke!!

I love working the #606 because of how busy it is. But this day it was busier than Ive ever seen it in the three years Ive worked that line.

While Southwest still got few of Novas just sitting in the garage or outside of garage, Academy could've been using them or take some of Orion VIs from West for #606 to solve the issue 100% until the next 40 ft bus orders, but no, they don't want to corporate. Pace has way enough ElDorados, and I've been seeing them on other busy routes quite a bit now.

Looks as though we bagged another NABI! Just verified on WebWatch this evening, Nabi #6252 was shown operating on the #606. One more 40 footer for Academy is what we needed.

Wow, that was fast. I physically saw 6252 last week at West. Guess with them getting 6668, it had to make room. So does that mean 2290 is officially gone?

Wow, that was fast. I physically saw 6252 last week at West. Guess with them getting 6668, it had to make room. So does that mean 2290 is officially gone?

No, #2290 was also out on the #606 wed., so according to WebWatch she still in the game. But Ill check it out thur., Ill be working. With the arrival of #6252, its possible they could shipping it out sometime soon to officially close out the Orion Is at Academy. We already have two spare buses, a third spare wouldnt be necessary so its very possible that #6252 was brought in to replace #2290.

post-158-12882946688805_thumb.jpg post-158-12882947012494_thumb.jpg