Goodbye 5300's Flxibles

cta5658

Others were reporting 5643. Oh, never mind.

Still no winner.

If there is any proof to be had. I'll offer this up for a real brainteaser. How can TDH see a pulaski bus on both Armitage and Laramie? He said he saw the bus on both streets. Maybe he was looking at what I saw, a #65. That's only a question he can answer.

If there is any proof to be had. I'll offer this up for a real brainteaser. How can TDH see a pulaski bus on both Armitage and Laramie? He said he saw the bus on both streets. Maybe he was looking at what I saw, a #65. That's only a question he can answer.

So, how can 5643 have been on both Armitage and Laramie you ask? Well, both of those streets are interlined this pick. The bus was on run 822 last night. Run 822 is not a Pulaski run. I may have worked on Pulaski in the morning, but it certainly was on Armitage/Laramie in the evening. 822's 2nd half of the run starts on Armitage then does Laramie then back to Armitage and then finishes on Laramie. This is called interlining, in case you don't understand the terminology. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it due to the fact that I was always driving and passing it going the opposite way when I would see it. I hope this is a sufficient explanation for you.

I saw one today (don't remember the number) heading east on either Washington or Madison and turning north on Halsted around 10:45 am. Destination sign was not on but there were a few people on the bus.

5652 and 5643 were out and about during the day as instruction buses today. cta5555 pulled out 5652 on his tripper on the 70 Division this afternoon and then I was lucky enough to have a run that relieved him on Division also, so I inherited the bus for my tripper. Attached is some photographic evidence even including the date and time off the display to satisfy anyone whom wishes to question the validity of this post! They aren't dead yet!

post-386-1231997535_thumb.jpg

post-386-1231997546_thumb.jpg

post-386-1231997557_thumb.jpg

5654 and 5643 were out and about during the day as instruction buses today. cta5555 pulled out 5652 on his tripper on the 70 Division this afternoon and then I was lucky enough to have a run that relieved him on Division also, so I inherited the bus for my tripper. Attached is some photographic evidence even including the date and time off the display to satisfy anyone whom wishes to question the validity of this post! They aren't dead yet!

If that bus wasn't covered in filth and snow, I would actually cry...lol

So, how can 5643 have been on both Armitage and Laramie you ask? Well, both of those streets are interlined this pick. The bus was on run 822 last night. Run 822 is not a Pulaski run. I may have worked on Pulaski in the morning, but it certainly was on Armitage/Laramie in the evening. 822's 2nd half of the run starts on Armitage then does Laramie then back to Armitage and then finishes on Laramie. This is called interlining, in case you don't understand the terminology. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it due to the fact that I was always driving and passing it going the opposite way when I would see it. I hope this is a sufficient explanation for you.

I get it. I was under the impression yesterday that the #5643 on the #53 maybe was an all day bus. A few buses each day stay out the whole day on a route. I see your saying that it was pulled out for the evening rush on the #73/#57 as an interliner, that it was strictly a morning rush pullout for the #53. BTW, that #5652 picture was really clever. I guess that's one way of having a time stamp on a picture. At least it adds credibility to my story yesterday. The way you and CTA5555 keep coming up with these #5300's to drive, they just might have to call you the #5300 duo. :lol:

5652 and 5643 were out and about during the day as instruction buses today. cta5555 pulled out 5652 on his tripper on the 70 Division this afternoon and then I was lucky enough to have a run that relieved him on Division also, so I inherited the bus for my tripper. Attached is some photographic evidence even including the date and time off the display to satisfy anyone whom wishes to question the validity of this post! They aren't dead yet!

So, #5652 was still out doing runs on the #70 yesterday at around 7:00 P.M. yesterday, but I recall seeing this site's bus page report that all 5300s have been retired at around 4:00 P.M. yesterday. Are the 5300s officially retired?

So, #5652 was still out doing runs on the #70 yesterday at around 7:00 P.M. yesterday, but I recall seeing this site's bus page report that all 5300s have been retired at around 4:00 P.M. yesterday. Are the 5300s officially retired?

I'm guessing that they are offically retired as of today because those two had their last (perhaps??) runs yesterday, though I'm not really sure on that. Probably one of the drivers or rmadison's got some info on that.

OH EDDIE, THESE PICTURES DONT PROVE ANYTHING!! :) JUS KIDDIN!!!

I always have my camera on hand for situations like this, so I can provide proof to satisfy all these "experts" on the list who think otherwise!

I do the same thing. I always have my camera on me in case, you never know what youll capture on camera.

So is this series retired or not??? Kevin has them retired, T8H5307A and cta5555 say they aren't yet. I have them retired on my computer because Kevin offically wrote them off his site. Is there one or more stragglers still alive at Chicago Garage, or are all finally out of revenue service?

So is this series retired or not??? Kevin has them retired, T8H5307A and cta5555 say they aren't yet. I have them retired on my computer because Kevin offically wrote them off his site. Is there one or more stragglers still alive at Chicago Garage, or are all finally out of revenue service?

The 5300s were "officially" retired on Tuesday by management. The buses weren't supposed to go out on Wednesday but apparently someone didn't get the memo. I wouldn't expect to see them in service again at this point, but I guess anything is possible.