The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

10 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yep. image.thumb.png.b7b0d2f02f59d61ad4d617739bd19348.pngimage.thumb.png.df680d964a109b9dde353b2b775b1a25.pngAnd here are the pictures I got from his video as proof they broke down with the engine covers up. I also rode 1166 in June which kind of makes this a little sad too.

Yea sometimes control tell you if you can make it to your layover spot or they will break doen at layover then they will bring you a new bus it aint like back in the day when the driver just stayed with the bus & be towed back a garage worker now brings you another bus to continue your run

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea sometimes control tell you if you can make it to your layover spot or they will break doen at layover then they will bring you a new bus it aint like back in the day when the driver just stayed with the bus & be towed back a garage worker now brings you another bus to continue your run

In the case of the 28 at Union Station, 103rd is a mighty long way to bring a bus.  If its a.m. rush, should be easier to get a bus deadheading back to 193rd or a bus that would be stored downtown to swap.

58 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

In the case of the 28 at Union Station, 103rd is a mighty long way to bring a bus.  If its a.m. rush, should be easier to get a bus deadheading back to 103rd or a bus that would be stored downtown to swap.

Just corrected bro you had said 193rd when you ment 103rd but yea it is a long way I a decent drive also just not as long as 3 is but yea it may have been 1 stored down there 

• 4 weeks later...

Flip dot nova 6684 broke down on Harlem around 1:40 pm today. I saw it at 2:20 pm while riding 6826. Rear Engine door closed but there were two vans around it probably fixing up the bus. As of now there’s no replacement bus for that run and that bus’s block is before 6826 so passengers has to wait in the cold for 30 minutes. Luckily the 6826 driver was fast and we didn’t pick up too much people. 6684 is also a unit with the unusual transmission like 6710

D3B538A1-8485-4858-B18F-4C9F22F53ABA.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Flip dot nova 6684 broke down on Harlem around 1:40 pm today. I saw it at 2:20 pm while riding 6826. Rear Engine door closed but there were two vans around it probably fixing up the bus. As of now there’s no replacement bus for that run and that bus’s block is before 6826 so passengers has to wait in the cold for 30 minutes. Luckily the 6826 driver was fast and we didn’t pick up too much people. 6684 is also a unit with the unusual transmission like 6710

Harlem seems to get a lot of the 6400s with an occasional New Flyer or 7900.

5 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Harlem seems to get a lot of the 6400s with an occasional New Flyer or 7900.

Today we have 3 6400s and 3 1000s no newer novas. The old novas are getting more and more common on saturdays and last Saturday at 5pm there were 5 of them active and the only other bus was 8257. One of the novas (6724) replaced 1043 as well

23 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ok they fixed it it’s operating again 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I was riding 8285 on the 78 and while we was going southbound on Elston, I heard a warning alarm coming from the front of the bus that sounded like there was an issue with the bus. The bus driver continued driving until he pulled over on Montrose & Springfield. The driver got out his cell phone and then exited his cab area of the bus. He said 8285 might be broken so he had to call in control. About 3 minutes later, he finished the call and control said the bus was okay to move again. The bus didn’t have any problems after that but I got off a few blocks later at Kimball.

44 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

8281 broke down on Austin between Hirsch and potomac going south, bus has been stuck there for a while now on the tracker and has now went off the tracker at that location. Also 1391 broke down this morning on the 80 at Irving Park & Central park.

idk if it’s me or 1391 is having some sort of problem that flyer been in and out of SS 

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

idk if it’s me or 1391 is having some sort of problem that flyer been in and out of SS 

Wow, 1391 is stalking me and I can't stop hearing about that bus lol. Friday it was on 90 and I saw it too, Saturday I saw it on 78, yesterday it was back on 90, and today it broke down. Might be having issues but idk

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow, 1391 is stalking me and I can't stop hearing about that bus lol. Friday it was on 90 and I saw it too, Saturday I saw it on 78, yesterday it was back on 90, and today it broke down. Might be having issues but idk

oh don’t worry a couple weeks ago every day i seen 1394 monday thru sunday i was like yo bro what’s up?