The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

• 3 weeks later...

Well this was nuts to say the least. #1100 was the bus involved from what I could see in the news report in this wild accident glad everyone didn't suffer any major injuries. Winter is here in full effect. 

https://wgntv.com/2019/12/16/school-bus-carrying-students-rear-ends-cta-bus-on-far-south-side/

EL6gGLYWsAEOb2c.jpg

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well this was nuts to say the least. #1100 was the bus involved from what I could see in the news report in this wild accident glad everyone didn't suffer any major injuries. Winter is here in full effect. 

https://wgntv.com/2019/12/16/school-bus-carrying-students-rear-ends-cta-bus-on-far-south-side/

EL6gGLYWsAEOb2c.jpg

Glade everyone cool & I hope it's not too bad where it gets retired

15 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

EL6gGLYWsAEOb2c.jpg

OT. Looking at those front wheels on the Bluebird School bus, I can tell its OLD !!! Brings back grade school memories from the 90's lol

• 2 months later...

1868 was probably broken down on Harlem, it seemed the engine was off and the hazards are on, why is an NP bus up north on Harlem Ave? I was riding 6686 at the time so I can't confirm if the engine was off or on. Also, 1759 was at Harlem Green Line last weekend and it wouldn't start up so we had to wait for 8236 to take us to Blue Line.

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1868 was probably broken down on Harlem, it seemed the engine was off and the hazards are on, why is an NP bus up north on Harlem Ave? I was riding 6686 at the time so I can't confirm if the engine was off or on. Also, 1759 was at Harlem Green Line last weekend and it wouldn't start up so we had to wait for 8236 to take us to Blue Line.

1868 is on route 93 as i speak and 1759 is on belmont 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

#6679 was dead at milwaukee/addison tonight. The 992 was revving the engine on the bus to get it going. They had brought a new nova for the operator. I had a smile on my face thinking that it might be a broke down old bus but it's got good ac. Better than the new nova anyway. If it was hot I would have told the supervisor can I keep the old bus? Just joking. ?

14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#6679 was dead at milwaukee/addison tonight. The 992 was revving the engine on the bus to get it going. They had brought a new nova for the operator. I had a smile on my face thinking that it might be a broke down old bus but it's got good ac. Better than the new nova anyway. If it was hot I would have told the supervisor can I keep the old bus? Just joking. ?

Its funny you mention that because this was my sight to see during my last trip last night. It seems like every other week i've seen #7900's breaking down on the Hyde Park Express. 

117035911_936960320118919_7030079521450536427_n.jpg

109747522_611657673120168_4759358336683371641_n.jpg

I was gonna get 1401 on the 22 today but it broke down about 9 minutes before my stop, it was at 10 minutes when I first checked then it said 9 minutes about 6 minutes later. Then it said delayed and the bus behind was 1862 and I rode 1862. 1401 isn't on the tracker anymore so I'm guessing it broke down. I think it broke down on Clark and Wisconsin.

• 4 weeks later...