The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Yes is there a problem?

I just think you should appreciate these Novas more that's all.  They're the most unique in the CTA system.  Yeah they're getting old and it's time for their retirement but appreciate that they're still here while they last.  

Forest Glen has been doing their best at maintaining them.  I was on the 81 the other day and there were 2 buses; a new Nova and an old Nova, which came 2nd.  I boarded the old one.  I saw that a person in a wheelchair waited for the old one because the ramp on the newer Nova was not working.  

Some of these 2nd gens still run pretty well and that's why CTA has not fully replaced them yet.  They're still being put into good use.

People always wanna talk about "the new stuff is always better".  Not always.  Nothing is perfect.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I just think you should appreciate these Novas more that's all.  They're the most unique in the CTA system.  Yeah they're getting old and it's time for their retirement but appreciate that they're still here while they last.  

Forest Glen has been doing their best at maintaining them.  I was on the 81 the other day and there were 2 buses; a new Nova and an old Nova, which came 2nd.  I boarded the old one.  I saw that a person in a wheelchair waited for the old one because the ramp on the newer Nova was not working.  

Some of these 2nd gens still run pretty well and that's why CTA has not fully replaced them yet.  They're still being put into good use.

People always wanna talk about "the new stuff is always better".  Not always.  Nothing is perfect.

Facts

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I think #4391 just ran over the divvy bike display on Adams right in front of the willis tower. The rack is all messed up 2 cta supervisors are here and the operator is sitting on the bus in the passenger seat.

Today is not CTA’s day ?? first brown line train slams into a purple line train and then a flyer slams into a divvy bike display? what’s next 

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Today is not CTA’s day ?? first brown line train slams into a purple line train and then a flyer slams into a divvy bike display? what’s next 

Red line was rerouted onto the loop today due to a suspected hazmat situation at Grand. There ended up being no threat but still a disruption.

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

58 minutes ago, rvwnsd said:

Don't ask. You might not like the answer!

Actually 2nd thought.... @Mr.NewFlyer1051 will be called "irrelevant" by a Forest Glen driver who says he doesn't know him.  Right after he told everyone on the forums that he knows every single driver out of FG!

• 1 month later...