The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Chammon Moore said:

What do you mean by that?

He means that this bus is actually having the engine performed but not sure, but looking on Google Maps many buses tend to hang out around that area so maybe it didn't really break down at all, the engine doors were open at the times too. So it looks to be a routine rather than a breakdown.

43 minutes ago, Chammon Moore said:

What do you mean by that?

There's a switch just to the left of the yellow filter you see there where the engine components sits and you can basically flip that switch to override the normal cut off time while a bus sits idle because after 15 minutes the bus will shut off automatically. Front-Run is the normal mode for all active buses, Rear-Run allows the bus to stay on IDLE for longer than 15 minutes but you can not get the bus in gear while its on that mode and then there's the regular cut off switch to turn the bus or off I believe. I'll have to double check for the novas though because i'm normally on the New Flyers when I use to take my fall back at Division.

16 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

There's a switch just to the left of the yellow filter you see there where the engine components sits and you can basically flip that switch to override the normal cut off time while a bus sits idle because after 15 minutes the bus will shut off automatically. Front-Run is the normal mode for all active buses, Rear-Run allows the bus to stay on IDLE for longer than 15 minutes but you can not get the bus in gear while its on that mode and then there's the regular cut off switch to turn the bus or off I believe. I'll have to double check for the novas though because i'm normally on the New Flyers when I use to take my fall back at Division.

My main point was it’s a garage away from a garage so be careful of reporting breakdowns at this location as was implied by OP

14 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

When does the 15 minute kill start?  Does it start with the application of the parking brake?  Does it start when the bus is in neutral?  Does the 15 minutes countdown start when the fast idle kicks in?  Are the front and rear rub stitches separate from the front and rear start switches?

54 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

When does the 15 minute kill start?  Does it start with the application of the parking brake?  Does it start when the bus is in neutral?  Does the 15 minutes countdown start when the fast idle kicks in?  Are the front and rear rub stitches separate from the front and rear start switches?

When you apply the parking breaking after putting the bus in neutral the 15 minutes starts along with fast idle or normal idle it depends.Now sometimes i've gotten a bus in the garage bays specifically the 7900's where the parking break was applied and the bus was left selected on drive but an alarm is usually going off because of the bus not being in neutral but that is some sort of trick to keep the from cutting off after 15 minutes. I'm not sure if that works on the New Flyers or not though but to answer your last question I believe the switches aren't separate though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well looks like "Halloween bad luck" for this NF ?

Route: 67

Bus: New Flyer 1490

Bus got hit on the side by a chevy trailblazer 

It's a early delivery 2007?? NF. What do you guys think ?? Out of service until repaired or off the roster indefinitely due to age ???

I'm going with decommissioned and scrapped for good do to age of bus ??

CBS2 Video link below

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/10/31/3-injured-when-car-crashes-into-cta-bus-in-west-englewood/

Dave

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Bus has no damage. It's like my bus it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. Had a bus rear ended on the ryan one night. Not my bus but I looked at the bus it had barely any damage. These buses are tough

Awesome to hear !!! ? Guess NF has some type of safety side impact support for situations like this ??? 

Dave

1 hour ago, chitowndude84 said:

Awesome to hear !!! ? Guess NF has some type of safety side impact support for situations like this ??? 

Dave

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Bus has no damage. It's like my bus it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. Had a bus rear ended on the ryan one night. Not my bus but I looked at the bus it had barely any damage. These buses are tough

1490 took it like a champ it a be back on the streets real soon

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...