More Bus Moves

sw4400

So, we have already had artics that started at 103rd, then went to 77th, then 77th lost them, now 77th has some artics back, all in about 2 months.

Also, the reports that some buses are delivered to 103rd, just to send them to Chicago a couple of days later. At least that should stop in a week (unless bus 2030 is on the way).

Even given understandable scrambling because of the NABI debacle, I agree with trainman that this is too much. However, I'm sure that our bus driver members are glad to get the OT. Is that the real function, as most of these buses are now fungible?

• Upvote 1

So, we have already had artics that started at 103rd, then went to 77th, then 77th lost them, now 77th has some artics back, all in about 2 months.

Also, the reports that some buses are delivered to 103rd, just to send them to Chicago a couple of days later. At least that should stop in a week (unless bus 2030 is on the way).

Even given understandable scrambling because of the NABI debacle, I agree with trainman that this is too much. However, I'm sure that our bus driver members are glad to get the OT. Is that the real function, as most of these buses are now fungible?

I can see a small shuffle after the NABI's left service but I agree...this is out of control. Im sure they can help close the $53.7M deficit by STOPPING ALL OF THIS.

• Upvote 1

The Glen needs to get flyers bad. They need to stop messing with our 6000s. :angry:

We'll (103rd) give them 1000-10??. Chicago will give us 1980-2029 (evens or odds, though I like evens). If they're 25 buses short because of this, then they could find a way to get some of 4150-4207. Think about it, Chicago ave was on the BRT list anyway. After we (103rd) get our share of those sweet sounding Allison buses back, then we could get more 4000's, or the Glen could give us some Novas.

This is of course, my wish list.

What does Chicago get back in return? (re: loss of 6000s)

Chicago Ave. has been receiving NF 2000s, so the 6000s could probably be spared. Forest Glen on the other hand, gave up 17 buses when the NABIs were withdrawn: 12 6000s to Kedzie and 5 6800s to 77th.

Until this latest group of 6000s from Chicago arrived, FG had received only five 6000s from 74th to compensate for the previous loss. So, they were probably needed. This is one reassignment that actually seems to make sense.

Chicago Ave. has been receiving NF 2000s, so the 6000s could probably be spared. Forest Glen on the other hand, gave up 17 buses when the NABIs were withdrawn: 12 6000s to Kedzie and 5 6800s to 77th.

Until this latest group 6000s from Chicago arrived, FG had received only five 6000s from 74th to compensate for the previous loss. So, they were probably needed. This is one reassignment that actually seems to make sense.

Agreed. I'm surprised that Kedzie didn't return some buses after getting more 4000s itself from a shuffle with first 103rd and then most recently NP as NP was getting the bulk of remaining 4000 deliveries. Based on the roster page maintained by those two new forum members even with the NABIs sidelined, Kedzie is still 30+ buses over its 250 bus capacity.

Until this latest group 6000s from Chicago arrived, FG had received only five 6000s from 74th to compensate for the previous loss. So, they were probably needed. This is one reassignment that actually seems to make sense.

Oh ok. I understand now.

We got more flyers at Chicago. Just that we dont need is more of them. <_<

I don't know if you've told the forums this before, but may I ask why you don't want more NFs at Chicago?

I cant say why i dont want them . Everone will jump on me saying how good they are. Being that the people that jump on me dont drive or may have never drove a bus.

Since you throw the 'no one who criticizes my point drives a bus' comment around a lot, please enlighten us to what the issue is that goes opposite of perception. Since your employer has bought a lot of these vehicles and we have to ride them tell us how they pose more problems the rolling junk piles that are left.

#2025 is on the #112 today. I'm surprised the Glen picked up more #6000's. They are close to having the most #6000's now. I'm also surprised that 74th is getting more #1000's. 74th should be over 50 percent #1000's now. It does make sense to send some #6200's to 103rd, to spread some of the older buses around. This way a small amount at each garage could be kept at that garage until rush periods. Now if only some Novas could be swapped for #1000's, I'd say things would be pretty even.

#2025 is on the #112 today. I'm surprised the Glen picked up more #6000's. They are close to having the most #6000's now. I'm also surprised that 74th is getting more #1000's. 74th should be over 50 percent #1000's now. It does make sense to send some #6200's to 103rd, to spread some of the older buses around. This way a small amount at each garage could be kept at that garage until rush periods. Now if only some Novas could be swapped for #1000's, I'd say things would be pretty even.

Agreed, it would, for instance, make sense to return some Novas to Chicago Ave. in trade for New Flyers. It would also prove that the series consolidation plan is truly dead. As with any series of bus, spreading them out among several garages, especially as they begin to age, seems practical.

Once the swap between 103rd and 74th is complete, it does look as if the Glen will have more 6000s than 74th. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised by an exchange of Novas and 6000s between FG and Archer in the very near future, maybe even FG and 77th as well.

As for the recent transfer of 6000s from Chicago to the Glen, I believe that FG really needed more buses to compensate for the ones they gave up when the NABIs were sidelined. Chicago was probably the only barn that could spare either Novas or 6000s.

Looks as if 103rd and 74th garages have swapped a few more buses. Some lower numbered 6200-series Flxibles are appearing on 103rd routes while random 1500-series New Flyers are making the rounds on 74th routes.

Explains why 6215 is on the X28 then.

Damn, 103rd must really have a lot of 6200's. #6236 is operating on the 95W right now. And on a side note, 2026 is on the X28. Now Chicago can have 2027, 103rd 2028, C 2029.

yeah this switch with 74th and 103rd is really crazy due to the fact that 6000s havent been in that garage in so long.and they have a bit of them because ive recorded about 15 new flyers (15xx) minus what they already got from them and np on 74th routes today.does any one know what exact numbers where switched on both garages behalfs?