More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

#1221 is on #151 and #1306 is on #156 (why #156??). Keep in mind that these two buses are temporarily loaners from 77th (really makes me wonder about this stingy garage).

To answer your question about #156, Kedzie has been known to 40 foot buses on occasion on #156 on occasion.same as we now sometimes see it do on the #151 as of late. In fact it's typically more rare to see it send 40 footers out on the #151 than #156. Artic use from Kedzie on either route is also rare in off peak hours as observations of Kedzie having 40 footers out on these two tends to be mostly during rush periods. The more interesting part of this observation and observations from yesterday is that Kedzie would be short both 40 foot buses and artics to require loans from 77th on a few of its routes of both bus types. 

33 minutes ago, jajuan said:

To answer your question about #156, Kedzie has been known to 40 foot buses on occasion on #156 on occasion.same as we now sometimes see it do on the #151 as of late. In fact it's typically more rare to see it send 40 footers out on the #151 than #156. Artic use from Kedzie on either route is also rare in off peak hours as observations of Kedzie having 40 footers out on these two tends to be mostly during rush periods. The more interesting part of this observation and observations from yesterday is that Kedzie would be short both 40 foot buses and artics to require loans from 77th on a few of its routes of both bus types. 

Hmmm, I see but Kedzie is short because of 77th. 

11 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

To be accurate, Kedzie is short because 77th is stubbornly holding on to those 1600s that should have been at Kedzie a long time ago. 

19 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

6 minutes ago, dann said:

To be accurate, Kedzie is short because 77th is stubbornly holding on to those 1600s that should have been at Kedzie a long time ago. 

Perhaps guys, but Kedzie also has buses sidelined temporarily for regular maintenance purposes. Someone else could argue that 77th still has those four 1600s (as well as upper 1500s 1587-1596 by the way)  that should be headed to Kedzie because Kedzie still has 1300s that should be going down to 77th. It could just as easily be argued that Kedzie is short because Chicago also still has 1600s that should have been at Kedzie a long time ago. If we look at recent 74th to K transfers, then NP and Chicago are seen to have 1700s currently that should be making the way to Kedzie. So it's more the swapocalypse in general that could be argued to have Kedzie short than any one garage alone.  

Now I know why #6833 was in the 3rd yard. It's currently raining in the bus. Unfortunately storm clouds are still in the west. Lol. Hmm now it stopped. Reminds me of the orions that Pace has you turn a corner and you get a free shower. Thr random raining bus.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Now I know why #6833 was in the 3rd yard. It's currently raining in the bus. Unfortunately storm clouds are still in the west. Lol. Hmm now it stopped. Reminds me of the orions that Pace has you turn a corner and you get a free shower. Thr random raining bus.

I'm done!!! xD

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

CTA has to put that bus on it's "bucket" list to get repaired. It'll "pan" out..... :D 

I found out where the rain went (from the leaking AC) on that bus. It was by the back door on the left side, then it moved to right over the handicapped position and guess what a wheelchair got on at Pulaski in that same spot. The bus was crowded too. There's nothing like an EB #81 in the rush hour, seems always late and crowded. I had one guy last week they told to short turn at Kimball. So your telling me that bus was late a good 45 minutes to an hour? Ouch. i was thinking yesterday this really could use a brown line rail extension.

So later on I got on this bus #6473 right, while it was pouring on the #76. There's a window across from the back door that must not have any insulation in it from the water. When the bus stops there's a stream of water, just like a faucet that pours in the bus. You can see there's like rust below the window like this has been happening a while. Anyway as the bus keeps stopping (was crowded) the bus floor is filling with water. So when the bus stops a wave now goes towards the front and when he pulls out towards the back. It made me feel like I was on a boat. Maybe they should have starting playing Sea Cruise on the PA or the popeye theme, cause we had a water theme going on!! xDxD:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh3H5z9ZLtk   

5 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Most likely but this time, I'm going to keep an eye on them because of the close range between the two busses. 

Probably just coincidence. It wouldn't be the first time a garage loaned multiple buses to another that were close range numerically. 

1 minute ago, garmon757 said:

Yeah, I know but who knows what these garages got up inside their sleeves! 9_9

True, but with the exception of the 1750s that went to Chicago from 74th, they've been rather consistent in the weeks long transfers to get the NFs back in numerical sequence among the garages, this time though in one singular numerical block instead of the original minimum of two different numerical blocks due to the several options in the NF order. 

36 minutes ago, jajuan said:

True, but with the exception of the 1750s that went to Chicago from 74th, they've been rather consistent in the weeks long transfers to get the NFs back in numerical sequence among the garages, this time though in one singular numerical block instead of the original minimum of two different numerical blocks due to the several options in the NF order. 

If the numerical blocks continues to be consistent then it's a possibility that Chicago will get more 1700s from North Park. Otherwise, what's the point of having them?

14 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

If the numerical blocks continues to be consistent then it's a possibility that Chicago will get more 1700s from North Park. Otherwise, what's the point of having them?

I think that was more a fluke that Chicago got those 1750s at all, looking at how Kedzie has gotten the lower range 1700s and along with 1750s that Chicago did not receive and North Park gaining upper range 1700s. If North Park was going to give up 1700s to Chicago, why would they have gained 1700s from the south side in the last round of transfers? Plus Chicago has been getting more 1900s from 77th as 77th gained 1200s and 1300s from the north and west sides, so that 1750s move from 74th to Chicago is the move actually that was inconsistent in all this transferring of NFs. 

11 minutes ago, jajuan said:

I think that was more a fluke that Chicago got those 1750s at all, looking at how Kedzie has gotten the lower range 1700s and along with 1750s that Chicago did not receive and North Park gaining upper range 1700s. If North Park was going to give up 1700s to Chicago, why would they have gained 1700s from the south side in the last round of transfers? Plus Chicago has been getting more 1900s from 77th as 77th gained 1200s and 1300s from the north and west sides, so that 1750s move from 74th to Chicago is the move actually that was inconsistent in all this transferring of NFs. 

And that's why we live in a world of the unexpectedness my friend! :D

10 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

And that's why we live in a world of the unexpectedness my friend! :D

True, but it doesn't convince me that 1929 and 1934 are anything more than loans especially when we see the effects of transfers on Saturdays. ;):)

4 minutes ago, jajuan said:

True, but it doesn't convince me that 1929 and 1934 are anything more than loans especially when we see the effects of transfers on Saturdays. ;):)

I'll be looking forward to that like it's a CTA Draft. Who is the first pick of the draft??? xD

Speaking of those two buses, they're still on #18 and #60 respectively. 

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I'll be looking forward to that like it's a CTA Draft. Who is the first pick of the draft??? xD 

Need a theme to go with the draft..... let's use one retired by FOX for MLB.....

"Good Day, Busfans across the Chicago Metro Area..... we got moves going on citywide with the CTA.... New Flyers finding new homes, brand new Novas coming in to give a garage it's first brand new fleet in over 14 years. CTA is getting younger and going green. The Bus Draft commences...... next!!!!" xD 

7 hours ago, jajuan said:

Regarding the 1750s to Chicago as a fluke,  I'm with Jajuan.  Temporary transfers don't seem that unusual.  A few months ago,  a cluster of 1130s & 40s made their way from 74th to Kedzie.  Just a few weeks later,  they were shifted to 103rd.  It wouldn't surprise me to see those 1750s soldier on to North Park sometime soon,  possibly in exchange for low 1900s and the 5 oddball Allisons now at NP.