Photography on Different systems

Photography on different systems I found no problem tacking pictures on Madison Metro Madison WI

Metro-ride Wausau WI. Kenosha transit Kenosha WI. And I have no problem when People take pictures while I am driving at MCTS.

Joe

Some drivers and transit agencies have no problem you taking pics of their buses. Omaha MAT, and, Columbia Transit (MO), Tri-Met (Portland), and TARC (Louisville) allowed me to take pictures of their buses. I heard St. Louis Metro prohibits photography of their buses and Metrolink light rail, but as long as your not taking pictures at their transit centers, they can't do anything to you. Who wants to take pictures of their ugly Gilligs anyways? :rolleyes:

I've been told several times to put away my camera at St. Louis, Mississauga, and Brampton. I even had several drivers stop their buses and come out to me to say I can't take pictures of the drivers or the buses, saying its illegal. :huh:

I guess it depends on the driver, as some don't like you taking pictures. Sometimes they think your taking pictures of them and not the bus. Even if I mention I am a bus/transit enthusiast sometimes they still don't care.

Photography on different systems I found no problem tacking pictures on Madison Metro Madison WI

Metro-ride Wausau WI. Kenosha transit Kenosha WI. And I have no problem when People take pictures while I am driving at MCTS.

Joe

I especially agree about Kenosha WI. One of the trolley operators took me inside the barn and allow me to take some pics. :D

Gene King

Some drivers and transit agencies have no problem you taking pics of their buses. Omaha MAT, and, Columbia Transit (MO), Tri-Met (Portland), and TARC (Louisville) allowed me to take pictures of their buses. I heard St. Louis Metro prohibits photography of their buses and Metrolink light rail, but as long as your not taking pictures at their transit centers, they can't do anything to you. Who wants to take pictures of their ugly Gilligs anyways? :rolleyes:

I've been told several times to put away my camera at St. Louis, Mississauga, and Brampton. I even had several drivers stop their buses and come out to me to say I can't take pictures of the drivers or the buses, saying its illegal. :huh:

I guess it depends on the driver, as some don't like you taking pictures. Sometimes they think your taking pictures of them and not the bus. Even if I mention I am a bus/transit enthusiast sometimes they still don't care.

For me, doing this for 11 years, I stop caring about drivers and their reactions. As long as i'm on public property, they can't say nothing to me. And even if i do transit centers, i find that i'm very observant and note if problems may arise and take my photos then leave. Believe it or not my home transit system (Baltimore) prohibits photography but yet i've only been stopped 4 times in 11 years and have 15,000-20,000 photos.

Yeah, but you're not. Drivers like that really need to mind their own business and worry about transportating their costumers and getting their money. I've had this happen to me a year ago and that incident was horrible.

Well I don't have a big fancy number of photos like NABINUT under my belt, but so far there have been no issues with photos/video of/on Metro Transit or MVTA. Although there have been a few fellow riders who asked about what sort of camera I have :lol:

3676876876_0b54fb84ca_b.jpg

I didn't have any issues with LYNX either. Although being in such a tourist area it's probably expected anyways.

Well I don't have a big fancy number of photos like NABINUT under my belt, but so far there have been no issues with photos/video of/on Metro Transit or MVTA. Although there have been a few fellow riders who asked about what sort of camera I have :lol:

3676876876_0b54fb84ca_b.jpg

I didn't have any issues with LYNX either. Although being in such a tourist area it's probably expected anyways.

What I was saying is that when I stopped worrying about people's reaction, I was able to amass a decent collection of photos of equipment that no longer exists. When you allow that to happen, in the long run, you'll kick yourself for not taking more action to get what the photos and video you wanted

For me, doing this for 11 years, I stop caring about drivers and their reactions. As long as i'm on public property, they can't say nothing to me. And even if i do transit centers, i find that i'm very observant and note if problems may arise and take my photos then leave. Believe it or not my home transit system (Baltimore) prohibits photography but yet i've only been stopped 4 times in 11 years and have 15,000-20,000 photos.

What prohibition? If I don't see anything in writing or any kind of tangible evidence to say so, then word-of-mouth policies are just bs. I've only gotten a few confrontations while taking pics in DC, but so far, no major incidents. I just stopped caring about everyone else who just stares and glares.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Saturday, I rode Metra up to Kenosha, WI. for the Border War Beer Festival.

From the Metra Kenosha station, the way to the fest grounds was via the Streetcar. The last time I rode a streetcar to a beer festival was in January 2016 in San Francisco, CA. So it was an intriguing coincidence that the streetcar running was the S. F. Muni liveried one. ;)

I took a clutch of photographs, but I also experimented with shooting video. My Canon PowerShot SX600 HS has a video function available.

Rather than compel you to view it by embedding the video here, I have uploaded it to a variety of file hosts. The file name is kenosha-04aug2018-b.mp4. It is 7.5 MB - 00:00:18

Download it from any of these.
https://www.axfc.net/u/3926988

http://filescase.com/src/GEN100MB8922.mp4.html
DLKey 4617
or https://1fichier.com/?pz5zimnszt82k2wmcwpx 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve taken more photos of AC Transit and other Bay Area systems in the last three years than the buses in CTA’s and Pace’s systems (when I worked there)...

...of course the ultimate question is if there are policies that prohibit such a thing. Either provide it or shut up. 

• 4 months later...