New Express Routes Coming Soon.

jesi2282

4 hours ago, west towns said:

Is the garage accessible by a regular route?

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

610 maybe. You can go to Cabelas if it still exists.

610 won't get you close, and actually you are dealing with Elgin local service.

This map confirms that it is near the former East Dundee Walmart, at Dundee Ave. and Ill. 72, and hence you would have to get to Elgin and then take the 543 bus.

The alternative route is to get to Spring Hill Mall either directly or via 552, and then take 803. As noted on the map, the two are usually interlined.

The only public transportation options to Elgin are the Milwaukee W line, or take the 554 bus from the NWTC.

Update:  Alternative route link changed to reflect a  constant time.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:31 PM, west towns said:

Could it be possible 606 and 600 will be interlined and use current transit buses?

Not very likely. 606 after the break would be interlined with 223, 230, and the stray 250 (not to mention a 610 with a suburban). I highly doubt there will be a repeat.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:35 PM, west towns said:

Got to thinking will the edens BOS  service use Highway coaches?

Depends on the load, but I wouldn't bet on it either.

On 8/19/2016 at 11:05 PM, Busjack said:

Here's a Google Satellite of the address.Looks like it already was a truck terminal.

The building is actually the one further along Cristina Dr. I followed 6494 on Webwatch into the yard this morning. For some reason the one identified as 401 Cristina Drive on Google maps is actually 201. If you go to Google maps and click on Dundee Truck Repair and Wash their address is 409.

• 2 weeks later...

Presently on board  #6497 on the #600. Whoo hoo!! The bus is being driven by a river division driver. I checked her arm patch. The bus has no differences to the #6377's. The only difference i see are no pace logos on the seats. I dont see any chargers so far but i have a long ride to investigate it.

• Upvote 1

Damn someone was interested in #6497. They were really scoping it out at nwtc. I had to take my shots under seclusion. xD Could  it have been Busjack? Not that he'll say yes it was me. The description seems to fit though. 

As far as the bus the map lights didn't work. Wth? As far as the river driver. Some river drivers must be working out of Dundee . It just seems up the river from elgin.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Damn someone was interested in #6497.

Yeah, I was there  about 5:15.

I also saw that 2824 was following me all over Schaumburg but has on its bumper "Illegal to follow bus on shoulder." I wonder if that indicates anything coming up for I-294.

On 8/22/2016 at 10:03 AM, busfan2847 said:

The building is actually the one further along Cristina Dr. I followed 6494 on Webwatch into the yard this morning. For some reason the one identified as 401 Cristina Drive on Google maps is actually 201. If you go to Google maps and click on Dundee Truck Repair and Wash their address is 409.

Before that I was out there. It is one building numbered from the west

401 PACE

403 PACE

405 PACE

407-409, something else.

Also, I don't see how anyone can get onto Higgins Road from there.

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

Yeah, I was there  about 5:15.

I also saw that 2824 was following me all over Schaumburg but has on its bumper "Illegal to follow bus on shoulder." I wonder if that indicates anything coming up for I-294.

Before that I was out there. It is one building numbered from the west

401 PACE

403 PACE

405 PACE

407-409, something else.

Also, I don't see how anyone can get onto Higgins Road from there.

Ha! Somehow I figured it was you or someone else but no one else fits your profile. And to think I was thinking about sneaking a shot of you. :P Anyway I scampered around and got some shots. Thank goodness I took some shots at Rosemont though. I'll see what I have for the interior but these are the exterior shots. 

pace 6485 front on 610.PNG

cta 6485 rear on 610.PNG

pace 6485 rear on 610.PNG

pace 6485 side on 610.PNG

pace 6497 front on 600.PNG

pace 6497 rear on 600.PNG

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, west towns said:

Noticed construction trucks in pics of rosemont.    Did you see any progress?

Check here

https://chitransit.org/topic/4017-rosemont-bus-terminal-expansion/#comment-89999

That cement truck you saw was laying fresh cement at the foot or east end of the island. You know how they have the tactile edges, the red ones at the foot of each island. They had one at the next two additional bays under construction. (should have shot that) Weird cause that outer bay looks like a drop off bay. Maybe the plan is to shift bays when completed and do one or two bays at a time going south towards the #223 bay. This way they can complete it with the least obstruction, but you can see from the pics my #600 was in the #610 bay and I believe we were behind a #230.

19 minutes ago, west towns said:

Did they have usb ports?  Maybe driver didnt turn on readin light switch or if not workings its under warrenty im sure it will eventually get fixed

No I didn't see any, I'll be putting up some interior pics in a few minutes. See if you see any, I don't.

Ok here are some interior shots, you can see the seats and also the layout is just like the #6377's. I even shot the map lights console nothing different

pace 6497 map console.png

This is shot sideways the speaker it at the rear and the two holes in front are the personal ventilation.

pace 6497 overhead bins.png

Everything is the same

pace 6497 seats.png

Except the seats don't have any Pace logos/wrenches.

Now I took a short video of the ride coming out of Rosemont on up to higgins, I'll put that on youtube in a few minutes maybe you can get something off that. My new camera records the engine real well. I like the audio on it.

Here's the video: :)

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, west towns said:

Dont believe il 25 and barringtom rd park and rides will be completed by then

Again, don't need belief. Posted announcement says "Service will see improvements when the flex lanes and Barrington Road Park-n-Ride open in mid-2017." Whatever is at the end of 610 (Sears Centre Park and Ride*) will have to do until then.

*The reason the pictures BusHunter got show a destination sign on Sears Exprs instead of Prairie Stone is that the schedule assuming rush hour service to/from Chicago (rather than to/from Prairie Stone). has the time point at Sears Centre.