New Eldorados?

artthouwill

I swear it's like Chandler is trying to stop me from taking pictures by putting up fences and parking other vehicles in front of the buses. The 2nd bus behind the RV in the 3rd shot appears to be a suburban based on the driver's window. Only 6552 and 6557 had visible numbers, so 6565 is still the highest confirmed delivery.

DSCF1232.JPG

DSCF1233.JPG

DSCF1234.JPG

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I swear it's like Chandler is trying to stop me from taking pictures by putting up fences and parking other vehicles in front of the buses.

It probably is. Like I said before, since we know how the buses look, it isn't worth taking the risk.

Have you tried checking out the South Holland division,where the buses are supposed to be delivered?

BTW, I guess one can assume that since 6510-6521 x13 haven't shown up on WebWatch, those are 11 Pulse buses, probably in storage.

47 minutes ago, Busjack said:

It probably is. Like I said before, since we know how the buses look, it isn't worth taking the risk.

What "risk" is there? I'm not breaking any laws because the pictures are being taken from a public sidewalk. I wouldn't be surprised if I got questioned but the odds of actually getting in trouble are pretty slim.

54 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Have you tried checking out the South Holland division,where the buses are supposed to be delivered?

I haven't, but I would if I were closer to that area. Although you got me wondering if 6510-21 are there so I might check it out if I have time. I've only been going to Chandler because it's along the way to places I'm already going.

On a related note, is Pace still planning on moving the acceptance center to South division?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

What "risk" is there? I'm not breaking any laws because the pictures are being taken from a public sidewalk. I wouldn't be surprised if I got questioned but the odds of actually getting in trouble are pretty slim.

That's true. I was thinking more of the risk that they were going to fence the place (which they did) or put in junkyard dogs or the like.

24 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

On a related note, is Pace still planning on moving the acceptance center to South division?

There was the release last year this time about moving everything to the South Campus to be constructed in Markham, but I haven't heard anything about it since then (i.e., such as a bid solicitation for a contractor).

16 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I swear it's like Chandler is trying to stop me from taking pictures by putting up fences and parking other vehicles in front of the buses. The 2nd bus behind the RV in the 3rd shot appears to be a suburban based on the driver's window. Only 6552 and 6557 had visible numbers, so 6565 is still the highest confirmed delivery.

DSCF1232.JPG

DSCF1233.JPG

DSCF1234.JPG

You just have to get creative. Put  a step ladder in your trunk for the fences and see if there are alternate angles for the buses. There's always drones if your into extreme sports/photography. Lol!!

40 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

You just have to get creative. Put  a step ladder in your trunk for the fences and see if there are alternate angles for the buses. There's always drones if your into extreme sports/photography. Lol!!

No need to bring oneself to the attention of the Will County sheriff.

I was just joking, hence the lol!! But technically if there is fence they can't see you either. You would really have to scope it out and weigh the risks but also chandler has not posted any no photography signs so technically he should be alright. Too bad 911 happened or we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation. Just remember so far this anti photography thing is just gossip its not fact until we see some signs.

43 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I was just joking, hence the lol!! But technically if there is fence they can't see you either. You would really have to scope it out and weigh the risks but also chandler has not posted any no photography signs so technically he should be alright. Too bad 911 happened or we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation. Just remember so far this anti photography thing is just gossip its not fact until we see some signs.

Even if they had a No Photography sign, it would only be enforceable if I were trespassing to take the photos. As long as the buses are visible from public property, I can legally photograph them. If they did put up a sign, I'd just use binoculars instead of a camera, since the purpose is just to read the bus numbers.

Also remember they may be able to see me from inside the office when I take pictures. I could bring a step ladder to see over the fence or bushwhack around to the back, but I'm not going to push it that far just to get pictures of buses.

• Upvote 1

I decided to use the "holiday" to take the trip south. It did confirm that 6510-6521 x13 are the Pulse buses. They are sitting behind the South Holland division in the area that used to be the Park and Ride. That's fenced in with No Trespassing signs, so the best I could do (in a lake effect rainstorm) is take pictures from across the street.

001.jpg

003.jpg

You'll note a Chandler truck. There was somebody manipulating the headsigns, which were flashing "ENTER NEW CODE/WRONG CODE." You might see that the one behind the no trespassing sign has a blue-white message,not an orange one.

The difference between these and the other transits is that they have flush windows, like the highway buses, although they also have clear back doors. Thinking about it, that does provide a flat surface for the wrap. They also have blue air conditioners.

There were also a couple of 654x-655x buses behind the old fence, where South Holland usually stored buses (one of those is the one with the back logo facing out).

• Upvote 4

Good work guys. See busjack You can take pictures of buses without your defense team nearby. All those pictures I took at the glen no one said nothing. Now if I took pictures inside the maintenance building there would be issues. 

I'm sorry I'm on my phone but how can you tell those are pulse buses? 

58 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I'm sorry I'm on my phone but how can you tell those are pulse buses? 

They haven't been assigned even though higher numbers have been, are of about the correct quantity, and like I said above there's stuff on them that aren't typical of, say 6392-6484.

3 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Great job!

So the old park n ride is inaccessible even though it is supposedly still used for the US Cellular Field Express (as recently as 2 days ago)?

There were sliding gates over the lot entrances, but I sure can't see how a parking lot could coexist with the buses lined up there. But, given such things as that and my seeing someone working on the head signs, maybe I lucked out on my timing.

I was making the comparison to when I used to be able to pull into that parking lot and take pictures of the yard where the 654? was parked right up against that fence. Can't do that now.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

I decided to use the "holiday" to take the trip south. It did confirm that 6510-6521 x13 are the Pulse buses. They are sitting behind the South Holland division in the area that used to be the Park and Ride. That's fenced in with No Trespassing signs, so the best I could do (in a lake effect rainstorm) is take pictures from across the street.

001.jpg

003.jpg

You'll note a Chandler truck. There was somebody manipulating the headsigns, which were flashing "ENTER NEW CODE/WRONG CODE." You might see that the one behind the no trespassing sign has a blue-white message,not an orange one.

The difference between these and the other transits is that they have flush windows, like the highway buses, although they also have clear back doors. Thinking about it, that does provide a flat surface for the wrap. They also have blue air conditioners.

There were also a couple of 654x-655x buses behind the old fence, where South Holland usually stored buses (one of those is the one with the back logo facing out).

Are those white headsigns?!