New Eldorados?

artthouwill

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

What's going on with the CNG deliveries?  We know CTA's Novas are rolling in like crazy, but I haven't seen or heard much as far as the CNG Eldos are concerned. Someone above posted spotting 6491 in California, so are there another set of diesels coming our way also?

All of the 20 are in service plus the prototype, 15500.

15501-15520 were all delivered in November 2015 and entered service in June 2016.

I saw 15520 going back to South garage on I-294 last Thursday evening.

34 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

All of the 20 are in service plus the prototype, 15500.

But since Pace doesn't use XXX13 in its numbering scheme,  if the prototype is in service (and the Pace minutes had a motion to pay for one bus the month before 15500 appeared), it is part of the 20.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

From what MetroShadow posted, you seem wrong on the first two accounts, as he said 6491 was a "suburban model." west towns might have had a correct hunch.

Don't know what Metro's sources are, but I'm not going to argue with a moderator.

Yeah I forgot he said it was a suburban model. o.O Come to think of it, i saw a highway eldorado that i was trying to figure out why it was where it was at. i saw it on Irving pk at the tri state. i swear i saw #6488 as the numbers and was thinking why would a river eldorado be so south? damn could i have been wrong and saw #6388?

13 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

i swear i saw #6488 as the numbers and was thinking why would a river eldorado be so south? damn could i have been wrong and saw #6388?

If you saw anything, it was definitely 6488 (6388 being the River bus). And where you saw it (didn't say if it was on the Tollway), it could be on the way to DesPlaines (NW garage).

Nothing like that on Webwatch yet, but in a bit of a surprise, 600 and 616 are all NW, Looks like the River NABIs are on 606.

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

But why would a bus from river be that far south? unless it was testing. I saw this yesterday btw in the afternoon about 6:20PM

Your assumption that it was from River hasn't been established yet. I indicated the more likely explanation, especially if it then turned north on Mannheim.

We'll have to wait to see what develops, but the tea leaves are starting to fall into place. :P

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

No it was on Irving Pk westbound right there at the tri state underpass. But why would a bus from river be that far south? unless it was testing. I saw this yesterday btw in the afternoon about 6:20PM

It may have been going to Chandler, though I don't know what it would be doing on Irving Park. I just went by Chandler again and there were at least 5 buses there all lined up against the fence. One was definitely a suburban model so I assume the others are too. I will go by again tomorrow and hopefully get a picture.

I wonder can nw feasably start I-90 express without it. You would think not. The tollway project is probably scheduled for completion by november as that ends road construction season. So they could start the bus service anytime after. But you would have to think the rosemont bus terminal, garage and tollway projects are all timed to complete together but things don't always go as planned

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I wonder can nw feasably start I-90 express without it. You would think not. The tollway project is probably scheduled for completion by november as that ends road construction season. So they could start the bus service anytime after. But you would have to think the rosemont bus terminal, garage and tollway projects are all timed to complete together but things don't always go as planned

Pace's page has "In service" under 2016-2017, but also "construction continues" under 2017.

It seems as though a lot of construction projects are being juggled at the moment.

More in point is whether the lease allows Pace to move in earlier than what the Daily Herald said. I cited the Daily Herald only to answer "whatever happened...."

Here are the pictures from Chandler. Sorry I couldn't get any closer, next time I'll bring a camera with a better zoom than my phone. The bus on the left looks to be numbered 6504 and the one behind the Orion 6501. Can't make out the ones in the back but one looks like 649X.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Damn that's pretty good shots at chandler. Where is this place frankfurt? Hmm I wonder whats at south holland. If the #6500's are here maybe i did see #6488. Anyone been checking river to see what's running on the #610.

Chandler is at 10203 W 191st Street in Mokena. If you want to go there it's a little over a mile walk from the Hickory Creek Metra station. Pace doesn't go near there so the only other option is to drive. It's a difficult place to get pictures without attracting unwanted attention though. I just drove up to the gate and took those photos from the car. Next time I might try going when they're closed and taking pictures over the fence.

csmp.jpg

• Upvote 2

Relevant to this topic is the statement in the I-90 pamphlet:

In order to provide our passengers with the highest level of comfort and convenience, Pace is purchasing 25 new 40 foot Eldorado Axess Buses equipped with high-back seats and free onboard WiFi.

I guess there is now an explanation for Pace831's observations.

On August 2, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Busjack said:

From what MetroShadow posted, you seem wrong on the first two accounts, as he said 6491 was a "suburban model." west towns might have had a correct hunch.

Don't know what Metro's sources are, but I'm not going to argue with a moderator.

If I could drive and shoot, I would. Drivers in the Bay Area are a step DOWN from chicago drivers; consider yourselves blessed. 

However, since I've moved out to California, I had little expectation of catching an eldorko anyway. Not many agencies have BLUE buses either…but yours truly can spot one of ours from afar.

…BUT it did bring up why that bus is going to Oakland (I-80 is nearby).

1 hour ago, MetroShadow said:

BUT it did bring up why that bus is going to Oakland (I-80 is nearby).

Last time there was a sighting of a delivery (6361) was in Flagstaff, AZ. I-40, I-44 and I-55 seems more direct, but also may be too hot this time of year.

Google Maps suggests through Salt Lake City and Denver (I-15, I-70 I-76, i-80),  The Flagstaff and Denver routes are each about 2000 miles, bur gong through Oakland adds 500.

Update: It might have been something like 6323 going on tour. Maybe some Cal TA wanted to see it.

On August 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM, artthouwill said:

What's going on with the CNG deliveries?  We know CTA's Novas are rolling in like crazy, but I haven't seen or heard much as far as the CNG Eldos are concerned. Someone above posted spotting 6491 in California, so are there another set of diesels coming our way also?

So far, it's up to #15520.

13 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Next time I might try going when they're closed and taking pictures over the fence.

No need to get yourself in trouble. We know how an Axess suburban looks, and from the Pace brochure, it looks like they go up to 6509.

Thanks for giving up the advance info. And I was still betting on 16800-25, but it seems from what you got that Pace is following the slogan "stay inconsistent, my friend."

On 8/2/2016 at 11:33 AM, artthouwill said:

Thinking it over in light of subsequent developments noted above, Pace and ENC may have negotiated the production schedule for the CNGs further into the future to get the 25 suburbans on the production line. Similarly, Pace should have a strict timeline for getting the Pulse buses to start that service. CNGs were to be eased into service.