New Eldorados?

artthouwill

38 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Remember Busjack, supposedly the I-90 buses are going to this new garage in Dundee, so the most NW gets new is for Pulse.

I was only referring generically to routes 600-616. Will also be a couple of more routes, but that seems all the justification for the few Orion VIs left at NW., and also I don't see NABIs at NW.

No there won't be NABI's at NW. Do you think the #600's will no longer run out of NW and run instead out of dundee? If so possibly they wouldn't need many new buses, the #600's would cancel out half the Orions and Pulse would cancel out the other half 

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Do you think the #600's will no longer run out of NW and run instead out of dundee?

I don't have an opinion on that.

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

If so possibly they wouldn't need many new buses, the #600's would cancel out half the Orions and Pulse would cancel out the other half 

That's what I was figuring one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

You many not have answered my first question, but with the second answer you did.

Nope. While there may be 40 buses at Dundee, there is no assumption whether they come from NW. elsewhere, or new, but some undoubtedly will come from NW. Also I'm not going to make a prediction that River becomes solely Elgin.

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

Nope. While there may be 40 buses at Dundee, there is no assumption whether they come from NW. elsewhere, or new, but some undoubtedly will come from NW. Also I'm not going to make a prediction that River becomes solely Elgin.

Yeah but if these are I-90 branded like the Express wrapped MCI's, I would think they would be all new buses, but River's highway Eldorado's might end up at Dundee. I really don't think anything is coming from NW as they have nothing highway branded. Only if the bus order doesn't show up or there are no spare MCI's, do I see NW getting involved. River will probably lose the I-90 routes.

10 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I really don't think anything is coming from NW as they have nothing highway branded.

That wasn't the question (despite what I might have implied). In fact the argument can be made that NW is now holding onto a certain amount of buses, because it now runs highway routes.

23 hours ago, Pace831 said:

15512 on 364 at Orland Square.

I didn't ride it, but I observed that the seats are solid blue instead of gray with the Pace logo. Fortunately, they are padded, unlike the CTA 8200's. Otherwise it looks the same as a diesel Axess.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Resembles an Orion from the side.   I suppose that South will be the only recipient of new buses this year.   

12 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I suppose that South will be the only recipient of new buses this year.   

They get the next 71, but there was something in the article that had the picture of 2828 that more motor coaches were being ordered. There is also the issue of the Pulse buses,but that's 2017.

The problem is that Pace never announces when it exercises options.

36 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

But without the cheap-looking blue wrap.

or the big vents, or lack of a wedge window and step up or a BRT front, or large wrench logos.

In short, about the only similarity is that the wrap and the new bus are both blue.

More leaves on the tree, too.

• Upvote 2

On 6/8/2016 at 1:37 PM, Pace831 said:

15512 on 364 at Orland Square.

I didn't ride it, but I observed that the seats are solid blue instead of gray with the Pace logo. Fortunately, they are padded, unlike the CTA 8200's. Otherwise it looks the same as a diesel Axess.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'd like to try one out just to see the CNG in action. Unfortunately that's across town for me. Maybe eventually I'll see one. No pics of the seats?

20 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I'd like to try one out just to see the CNG in action. Unfortunately that's across town for me. Maybe eventually I'll see one. No pics of the seats?

Sorry, I didn't get a pic of the seats. Since the operator was still on the bus and no one else was around I figured it would look strange to walk up and take a picture through the window, so I kept my distance. I'll be at Orland Square again on Wednesday, so hopefully one of the CNG's will be there then. If so I'll take a ride and be sure to get a pic of the seats, if no one else beats me to it.

6 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

15506 was on 353 today 6/9. Funny thing - as it was going by at 95th terminal, it emitted a very distinct odor of natural gas??? Does CNG have the "rotten eggs" smell added to it like the gas in one's house does?

It already had it. The board minutes at the time staid that all the fueling station was was that they get the gas from NICOR or whoever is the utility serving Markham and compressing it. They aren't trucking it in. I also saw in upstate NY that they took a CNG bus to the utility's yard to fuel it.

Besides that, one would want to detect a gas leak on a bus, if it happened.

7 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

15506 was on 353 today 6/9. Funny thing - as it was going by at 95th terminal, it emitted a very distinct odor of natural gas??? Does CNG have the "rotten eggs" smell added to it like the gas in one's house does?

Really, that don't sound right. I hope that bus doesn't already have a leak. So what happens when it lays over hopefully 95th riders don't get gassed out!! xD

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I'm out here at orland square with #15506. I see the same seats.

Here's my photos from today. The seats are exactly the same. The engine sounds pretty much the same as a regular Pace Axess. I took a short video of the bus idling and a short drive I'll try to load up on youtube. I'll give a link when it's ready. I smelled no gas at all and this was the exact same bus talked about at 95th. i give the bus a thumbs up. At least the AC works pretty good. :P I guess it would be worth it to go after more of these types of buses. When riding on the inside you wouldn't even know you were on a CNG and I've never been on one before this date. About the closest I've come is cta #8499 which I believe is propane.

pace 15506 on 364.PNG

pace 15506 left side on 364.PNG

pace 15506 rear on 364.PNG

pace 15506 front side on 364.PNG

pace 15506 rear side on 364.PNG

15506 seats on 364.PNG

15506 seats blue on 364.PNG

15506 interior on 364.PNG

• Upvote 1

Ok now I need to track down 15512 to see if the seats really are different or if I'm just delusional. This is one of those things I was sure of at the time, but later on I question my memory. I suppose it's possible I confused the blue panels for seat backs through the bus window. But I also recall looking specifically at the aisle-facing seats in front to determine if they were cloth or plastic. This is going to bother me, I need to find 15512. Maybe the buses above a certain number have blue seats?

On June 11, 2016 at 0:12 AM, Pace831 said:

Ok now I need to track down 15512 to see if the seats really are different or if I'm just delusional. This is one of those things I was sure of at the time, but later on I question my memory. I suppose it's possible I confused the blue panels for seat backs through the bus window. But I also recall looking specifically at the aisle-facing seats in front to determine if they were cloth or plastic. This is going to bother me, I need to find 15512. Maybe the buses above a certain number have blue seats?

I'm not crazy!! Well, maybe I am, but I was right about the blue seats. Here are some pictures of bus 15515 on route 364. I'll upload a short video when I get home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Upvote 3