New Eldorados?

artthouwill

River runs a few NABi #6600's. Those #6600's you see on the #606 and #616? are Rivers buses. They only have about 8 #6600's. I haven't seen anything other than a NW bus on #600 now in months, but I could have missed a River bus as I don't frequent that area alot.

Oh I get it now. I misread your earlier post where you said the Axess's have only been on 610, I thought you meant the other routes had no River buses at all. But 6648 and 6683 on 606 right now disprove that.

River runs a few NABi #6600's. Those #6600's you see on the #606 and #616? are Rivers buses. They only have about 8 #6600's. I haven't seen anything other than a NW bus on #600 now in months, but I could have missed a River bus as I don't frequent that area alot.

BTW, if you want to know what is where the first page of the Pace roster under the Pace forum lists the roster as I know it.

River's 40' are only used on 610; however they may be used on a route that interlines with it during the rush (Some 606 to 610 interlines have used this before - and as recently as last week).

are there more than 4 orions on the streets in nw? Nw is only missing #6473-76 unless they are getting #6485's if they exist.

There's more than 4, but it is now predominantly Axess buses.I figure there were (about 2 years ago) about 90 Orion VIs. and NW will have 84 Axess buses when done, but one also has to figure that 8 of the Axess buses replaced 2700s that moved on to S (695) and DG (465).

I go by the 130 bus total for NW. When they have Axess' up to #6476, that will total 84 buses. Add the 20 Eldorko's and that gives them 104 buses. So i'm figuring somewhere they need another 26 buses. Maybe if we do a count on Orions that total would be close. I would say off the top of my head today I saw 20 but if you figure 6 spares maybe that would then be correct.

Edited by BusHunter

So NW is going to be an all Eldorado fleet by the time this delivery is complete?

Hard to tell. On further reflection, BusHunter's numbers seem approximately correct, and 6156-6161 are not eligible for retirement yet, and they are supposed to get new buses for Milwaukee Pulse in 2017.

One thing often demonstrated by Pace is that the end often takes longer than expected, especially the Orion Is. On the other hand, NW is going to be as close as an all new garage as possible until S definitely will be.

Last Thursday (10/22) morning rush hour on Webwatch 6442-8/50-6/8-60 were all on NW services as well as the following NW Orions:

6000/3/4/8/14/6/24/6/9-31/7/45/6, 6111/2/7/8/21-3/5/9/32/45/6/50/1/3/4

I doubt it too, for now.  I think once the CNGs at South are in place, the Nabis will be on the move and could go anywhere.  I can't see the Orions lasting past 2016 except for 6156-6161.

Hard to tell. On further reflection, BusHunter's numbers seem approximately correct, and 6156-6161 are not eligible for retirement yet, and they are supposed to get new buses for Milwaukee Pulse in 2017.

One thing often demonstrated by Pace is that the end often takes longer than expected, especially the Orion Is. On the other hand, NW is going to be as close as an all new garage as possible until S definitely will be.

Yeah, I think they are 26 buses short, but you would think replacing an almost entire fleet of 12 year old buses with new ones should shake up the spare ratio. Like CTA would project that 125 new buses would replace 160 old ones. Going into that train of thought, 84 buses would replace roughly two thirds the CTA projected spares or 20-25 buses. Somehow I think they might end up at nw with everything replaced except #6156-61, but if they are into consolidation, those could always go to SW and maybe they could work out a few more Eldorkos for NW. It seems like they are in a win win situation, even the #895's that run through Schaumburg and Rosemont are Eldorkos even though they don't come from NW. It's like the newest I've ever seen NW in my lifetime. If only FG could do the same, but it might be radically different in 12-18 months from now.

Edited by BusHunter

Yeah, I think they are 26 buses short, but you would think replacing an almost entire fleet of 12 year old buses with new ones should shake up the spare ratio. Like CTA would project that 125 new buses would replace 160 old ones. ....

Gets down to whether either is close to the usual spare ratio of about 15%. As MetroShadow implies, it may be higher while deliveries are ongoing, but it seems out of control at CTA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6475, which ought to do it for NW, unless something unexpected happens. Time to scope out other divisions.6475.jpg.ef65dc11ae162bb33883c0498bfb81f

Also, I was wondering about what about 6477-6484 hit me, until I remembered that HP had 2077-2084 and then 6677-6684. Must be a Pace favorite for a small allocation.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

So how many in this year's allocation? 6438-6476 (38) at NW and 6477-6484 (8) at HP for total of 46. Any more coming? Take a look at Acceptance Center, anyone?

2015's allocation has to start with 6400, so it is 84. I don't know where you got 6438 other than your report that some buses needed a part or the Pace budget saying how many were in service when the budget was drafted. Also, North Shore is not Highland Park.

18 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Up to 6437 have 2014 VIN's. 2015 VIN's start with 6438. So 6400-6437 (37) might be 2015's by PACE standards, but are 2014's by EDN's.

Apparently you are getting into the realm of Car and Driver "the first Mustangs were advertised as 1964-1/2 but had 1965 VINs."

And if you have access to the Nova production schedule and the EN California official VINs, wny are you asking us?

• 3 weeks later...

Bus "years" have always been a very flexible matter. For most purposes, the year code of a vehicle's VIN is the final determiner of year of vehicle. When it is paid for or delivered really is an accounting function for the buyer, and depends on things like grants being programmed for specific years. And, indeed, there have been such things as a TDH5301 1/2. CTA's 300-449 series were the last group of TDH5301's built, but unlike all other 5301's they had the teardrop markers and recessed tailgates of a 5303, so they really did not "look" like a 5301. More extreme example was Wausau's 4523's, built over six months after GM ended all fishbowl production in April 1977, and while they looked like 4523's electrically and mechanically they were pretty much RTS's. Another example was New York's 5309's and 5310's. At first glance they looked like ordinary 5307's, but electrically they were much more akin to RTS's that were being developed at the time than to fishbowls, to the point where GM decided to give them unique model numbers.