New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Would it be this?

I would imagine that for the system to be new, it would help to introduce it around the system; but many of the garages do not have 40' buses (or do not have a need for it).

Someone else said it was.

Obviously any such trial would only be for deliveries in the near future, which would be 40 foot buses in any event (either on the Axess contract or the CNG contract, awarded but yet to be announced), so the trial would only make sense in divisions slated to get those buses, i.e. apparently in the short term, NW or S. I don't think they are going to haul 6323 out to Aurora, for instance. Maybe it is relevant to the OTR order for Heritage.

jesi's point seemed to be to clarify any intention with regard to that bus being at NW, primarily route 270. However, if it is a survey, I don't know how much Pace learns running it on the same set of trips (WebWatch has it back on 270 now).

post-14-0-70116100-1373559425_thumb.jpg

Someone else said it was.

Obviously any such trial would only be for deliveries in the near future, which would be 40 foot buses in any event (either on the Axess contract or the CNG contract, awarded but yet to be announced), so the trial would only make sense in divisions slated to get those buses, i.e. apparently in the short term, NW or S. I don't think they are going to haul 6323 out to Aurora, for instance. Maybe it is relevant to the OTR order for Heritage.

jesi's point seemed to be to clarify any intention with regard to that bus being at NW, primarily route 270. However, if it is a survey, I don't know how much Pace learns running it on the same set of trips (WebWatch has it back on 270 now).

attachicon.gif6323_2.jpg

I would have to agree with you, funny out of all places to send #6323 they send it to NW, probably the next in line for new buses. That being said it's next stop will be South, as they may still be able to change the wheelchair system to the Q Straint in the CNG's. #6323 will most likely end up going to all garages they intend to purchase the Axess' for which will probably be all the near suburban ones.

On the Axess express buses having the destination signs on the back, the June 2013 minutes say:

As an example of staff response, Director Marcucci mentioned that he e-mailed Ms. Metzger about two months ago with a suggestion that came about from public comment at another meeting. It had to do with bus boards on the back of the buses so that people would know where the bus was going. He said that the new bus outside at tonight’s meeting has a side sign that has been put in the rear of the bus. The manufacturer made an engineering change in order to accommodate such a sign.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll leave this link here since the bus division of ElDorado will be sold off. I doubt if that will affect the upcoming order.

Was noted before. Like NF buying NABI, ASV buying the whole bus business, including pending contracts. No sense buying a business if you are not buying the right to manufacture its product.

Here's some pictures of #6323 on the #270.

Milwaukee and Devon, I take it.

It also looks like picture #3 has a sign for Golf Mill. They must be altering the run on which it is on, since I did see it on Pfingsten at about 4:45, but up to now that has been an Orion VI at that time and place.

Seemed like a good place to take more pictures. I had more pictures at Jeff but they got erased. Maybe I can put up a short video that I captured of the ride on youtube. I was kind of surprised how untinted the windows were on the inside. It's almost like one way glass.

Milwaukee and Devon, I take it.

It also looks like picture #3 has a sign for Golf Mill. They must be altering the run on which it is on, since I did see it on Pfingsten at about 4:45, but up to now that has been an Orion VI at that time and place.

6323 was on the 290 this morning according to Bus Tracker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

#2601 was Eb on the Kennedy yesterday at Cumberland. I don't know where it was coming to/from. :huh:

Most recent sightings (at least by me) were on the Niles Free Bus, so that wasn't it.

If it were in service, more than likely heading from NW garage to something like route 423 at Harlem. But maybe it wasn't in service.

On the old Eldorado or a similar beat, it appears that the 2600s from North Shore that once were on 422 and 423 have been pretty consistently replaced by 6600s.

Sighted at Rosemont this morning was a 6600 working the 610.

I suppose if you're going to use a spare, those buses do the trick. </sarcasm>

That route hasn't been exclusively 6386s; besides some 6600s from River, there are some 6000s from NW.

#2601 was Eb on the Kennedy yesterday at Cumberland. I don't know where it was coming to/from. :huh:

My guess is that it may have been deadheading to Harlem to start a 326 run from Norridge Commons. The 326 uses at least one 2600 series Eldorado. I don't know if it comes straight from the garage or is interlined with something, but I am pretty sure that bus was more than likely deadheading to Norridge Commons.

My guess is that it may have been deadheading to Harlem to start a 326 run from Norridge Commons. The 326 uses at least one 2600 series Eldorado. I don't know if it comes straight from the garage or is interlined with something, but I am pretty sure that bus was more than likely deadheading to Norridge Commons.

Most of them are interlined with 230 and run out of Rosemont. Harlem would be too far east.

Only possibility is that there are buses leaving Norridge and Rosemont both at roughly 5:45 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.

Most of them are interlined with 230 and run out of Rosemont. Harlem would be too far east.

Only possibility is that there are buses leaving Norridge and Rosemont both at roughly 5:45 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.

He didn't say excactly what time he saw the bus, but I assumed it was in the afternoon. Sine there is a 3:15 p.m. departure from Norridge with no corresponding arrival, that bus had to deadhead there, presumably via the Kennedy and Harlem (which is only 1 1/2 mile east of Cumberland.