New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Basically, they didn't say. There was money in the 2012 budget for 156, but only 69 mentioned as arriving by May 2013.

As far as what is on the street in regular fixed route revenue service, the Oriion Is and NABI 2401s are gone, so the next thing to replace would be 6000s. On the other hand, there is the outstanding solicitation for the 91 CNGs for South to start delivery in June 2014, but South now does not have the oldest buses.

Knowing Pace (how they like to not announce things) I wouldn't be surprised if we just see #6392 show up at NW. I think I remember that's how the #6000 Orion's were delivered, somewhat as a surprise (especially the tail end of the order)

Knowing Pace (how they like to not announce things) I wouldn't be surprised if we just see #6392 show up at NW. I think I remember that's how the #6000 Orion's were delivered, somewhat as a surprise (especially the tail end of the order)

6156-6161 were certainly unannounced. The rest you could follow from the Contract Awards page.

In fact the NABIs were worse--the original announcement in 2003 was 41 35 footers and 72 40 footers (or was it 42 and 71), and the eventual was 84 and 99.

The 2005 NABIs were announced only after the deliveries started.

Most of the EZ Rider II ones were indicated in advance, except for the Joliet ones. If you go back, the original assumption after the 58 stimulus ones were announced was that it would take it to 2799, but they took it to 2825.

Spotted #2760 on the #834 with a Pace express wrap. Anyone know how many Eldo's out at Heritage have been wrapped for this? I thought Pace Express wrapped buses only do service on Pace Express routes.

#2764 is the only other bus that's wrapped as a Pace express wrap. Both of these buses were wrapped in the very beginning of routes 755 and 855 getting off the ground. I do not believe they are used anymore on those routes unless its emergency back-ups.

Spotted #2760 on the #834 with a Pace express wrap. Anyone know how many Eldo's out at Heritage have been wrapped for this? I thought Pace Express wrapped buses only do service on Pace Express routes.

That was back when they were spares and there was a notice that the last trip was with a "small bus." As rotjohns indicates, there isn't any indication that they are now so used, especially with the lease of the 6920s and receiving 6377-8.

• 5 weeks later...

I think a garbage truck would be quieter than a NABI

The garbage trucks in my area run on CNG, but with regard to a Cummins on a bus, pickup truck, or paratransit, there is a certain "putt putt" sound that carries. But not as bad as the 1999 NABIs now at Ravinia.

The garbage trucks in my area run on CNG, but with regard to a Cummins on a bus, pickup truck, or paratransit, there is a certain "putt putt" sound that carries. But not as bad as the 1999 NABIs now at Ravinia.

Aren't the 2400-series NABIs powered with a Series 50 like the 62/6600s?

Aren't the 2400-series NABIs powered with a Series 50 like the 62/6600s?

Probably, but the 62/6600s were supposedly just overhauled, so they aren't as bad, while the 2423s are now 1 step from the scrapper.

The 2400 series NABIs have a different engine than the 6162/6600 series NABIs. The former is similar to the Cummins that were in the 6300s CTA Flxbles.

Like I said, I don't play "name that tune" with engines, other than they are loud or ping, and some smoke like a Pope has not been elected. So, thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the chance of Pace Northwest getting Axess buses in the near future?

I'd like to see some on route 290.

It depends if they announce officially what seems obvious to us in the past couple of days. Anyway, the year 2000 Orion VIs are now the oldest equipment in regular service.

I finally got to see #6323. It does have heavily tinted windows, you can barely see inside the bus and that's standing directly outside of it. I actually like it. They needed some tinting for the Orion windows, you can get a headache fast from the sun on those. ...

I figured that if it was at Glenbrook Hospital at 3:00, check Pace Bus Tracker to see if it would be there at 1:00 (technically 12:54), and it was.

The main thing I noticed was that while the front doors are the double slide guide ones, they are the predominantly plexiglass ones, instead of the ones with 4 windows.

I figured that if it was at Glenbrook Hospital at 3:00, check Pace Bus Tracker to see if it would be there at 1:00 (technically 12:54), and it was.

The main thing I noticed was that while the front doors are the double slide guide ones, they are the predominantly plexiglass ones, instead of the ones with 4 windows.

That bus has been all over NW. One minute it's on the #270 then it's somewhere else. A supervisor intercepted the bus when I saw it at Jeff PK and sent it on it's way light, but it was 20 minutes late. Another NW driver remarked "a new bus?" to which the supervisor said nothing. So mums the word on whether more are coming, but it probably is the logical assumption.

That bus has been all over NW. One minute it's on the #270 then it's somewhere else. A supervisor intercepted the bus when I saw it at Jeff PK and sent it on it's way light, but it was 20 minutes late. Another NW driver remarked "a new bus?" to which the supervisor said nothing. So mums the word on whether more are coming, but it probably is the logical assumption.

Yesterday it must have stayed on 270 all day, as I encountered it at Milwaukee and Dempster SB at about 7:30 p.m.

It is kind of hard to miss that big of a that blue bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now heard is the reason for 6323 being at NW is so Pace can receive comments and opinions from ADA passengers on how the experimental wheelchair system (I forgot the name) is compared to the traditional way of securement.

Maybe Pace is planning on moving this bus around the system?

I've now heard is the reason for 6323 being at NW is so Pace can receive comments and opinions from ADA passengers on how the experimental wheelchair system (I forgot the name) is compared to the traditional way of securement.

Maybe Pace is planning on moving this bus around the system?

Would it be this?

I would imagine that for the Q*straint system to be new, it would help to introduce it around the system; but many of the garages do not have 40' buses (or do not have a need for it).