New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Yeah I know, I tried it yesterday not seeing it the first time and it was gone then. (in 2 days time) Someone out there must be reading this forum!! :P

Or the comment I left there (which was the same one I left here), or ran into some dispute over rights (more likely).

...there was a memo put out that the ElDorado Axxess buses were not to be used on Saturdays.

That memo is not followed, at least this Saturday morning. Buses 6326, 6329 and 6345 are (at least on WebWatch) on the #303, #315 and #322, respectively. (As of the 9:05 am run, another Axess, bus 6325, replaced 6326 on the #303 with 6326 switching to the #318, while bus 6337 is about to join the #311.)

Also, you might be wrong on that memo that the Axess buses are not to be used on Saturdays. That memo might actually apply to whatever Orion VI buses that West has remaining. Those oldest buses in West's fleet are not to be used on weekends, if that memo were to have applied to the Orions. That memo currently is applicable only to West; however, if that memo were to have applied to Northwest and Southwest as well, then those two divisions would have had only 30-foot ElDorado EZ Rider II buses to use on weekends as they do not currently have any NABI buses in their fleets.

...That memo currently is applicable only to West; however, if that memo were to have applied to Northwest and Southwest as well, then those two divisions would have had only 30-foot ElDorado EZ Rider II buses to use on weekends as they do not currently have any NABI buses in their fleets.

In fact the opposite is true in NW; Webwatch indicates that routes that used to have 2600s on the weekends now have 6000s, such as 208 and 250; even 209, which certainly doesn't need 6140.

I assume that it is working, since 213 is all 2600s, which is typical only for Saturday.

In fact the opposite is true in NW; Webwatch indicates that routes that used to have 2600s on the weekends now have 6000s, such as 208 and 250; even 209, which certainly doesn't need 6140.

I assume that it is working, since 213 is all 2600s, which is typical only for Saturday.

I think he meant the.6000s only at.West. That is.where the memo in question was.posted. So far no sightings of 6000s out west.

I think he meant the.6000s only at.West. That is.where the memo in question was.posted. So far no sightings of 6000s out west.

He had the hypothetical:

... if that memo were to have applied to Northwest and Southwest as well, then those two divisions would have had only 30-foot ElDorado EZ Rider II buses to use on weekends as they do not currently have any NABI buses in their fleets.

to which I responded.

If nothing else, I'm pointing out that NW is now using bigger equipment than it previously did (at least in late 2011, early 2012) on weekends.

Of course, Webwatch has another "internal error" at the moment.

213 is not operated out of NW - but is one of only two routes that NS (North Shore) operates on weekends (#215 is the other - and only the #215 operates on Sundays out of the routes that are operated out of NS). The #208 is shared between NS and NW on weekdays, but all weekend trips on that route are operated out of NW.

213 is not operated out of NW - but is one of only two routes that NS (North Shore) operates on weekends (#215 is the other - and only the #215 operates on Sundays out of the routes that are operated out of NS). The #208 is shared between NS and NW on weekdays, but all weekend trips on that route are operated out of NW.

208 is operated by only by northwest. NS does not have any buses on that route.

• Upvote 2

213 is not operated out of NW -...

I know that darn well. I was only citing it in contrast and to demonstrate the Webwatch appeared to be working at that moment, then wasn't, and apparently now is again.

Anyway, 208 and 250 are all 6000s again.

And I concur that that apparently restriction against using the new Axxess buses at West doesn't apply any more as the 322 is showing 6341 in service.

Sunday morning, now, the vast majority of buses on Webwatch at W are 6325 and up and 6600s. A couple of 6200s, but that's it.

So, I guess we debunked this rumor. The 6323-4 one still lingers.

There's no reason why not. Other than the "flyer" route number, it is a standard West route running usual West equipment.

True. Given how things are going with Pace restructurings, I think one would probably be more surprised that West still has a regular service express route operating rather than a special event one or one serving UPS, than they would that one of the new buses is on 757.

There's no reason why not. Other than the "flyer" route number, it is a standard West route running usual West equipment.

True. Keep in mind that the few times I've ridden it (and seen it after the 8am trips), they are usually 6600's, which was why I elicited the statement. This is the first time I've seen it on the route thus far.

Roughly how old are the Orion VIs garaged in Pace Northwest?

I'm wondering when I'll see newer buses on #290. :D

Gene King

The oldest ones (6000s under about 6087) 2000.

Those from 6088 to 6144 (NW's transferred from S and a few from SW) 2001 [No definite cutoff between the two orders, as SW received its continuously]

6145-6155 late 2001 [based on the budget]

6156-6161- 2004

As far as NW getting new ones, it depends on whether Pace ordered the 156 in the 2012 budget, which would be enough, or just the 69 (54 transits), which at this point would basically just take care of N, although N apparently isn't getting any. You can't tell at this point what they are going to do, such as put CNGs into S in the second half of 2014 and move NABIs to NW? At least the blue NABIs just sent to S won't have reached their FTA service life.