New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Most likely West will get all of these 62 Axess buses. It just seems a matter of what will they transfer. #6162's, the #6262's or even the #6600's. If Pace is getting more next year (Pace budget says 108 with 13 more possibly from another manufacturer) that would be enough to replace the NW Orions.

Good question. My guess is that West's 6162s go to South as opposed to the 6262s. The question is who will lose all of their 6600s first, West or South? My thinking is South, in that I would think South will get 6162s to first replace the 2400s, then continue to get them in replacing 6600s (going to replace Orion Is and Waukegan 3400s). Once South is taken care of, then subsequent 6323s will replace West's 6600s.

I just saw that pic of 6323, and there are a few differences between the production Axxesses and the bus #2010 prototype. The production buses get the standard amber Luminator Horizon signs instead of the colored signs that the prototype had. Also, the prototype I believe had American Seating seats while the production buses get Aries seats.

...Also, the prototype I believe had American Seating seats while the production buses get Aries seats.

Depends what you can make out from picture 2 of the interior gallery on the enconline site.* I believe that you are correct.

______

*I can get this to work on Google Chrome, not Firefox.

I just saw that pic of 6323, and there are a few differences between the production Axxesses and the bus #2010 prototype. The production buses get the standard amber Luminator Horizon signs instead of the colored signs that the prototype had. Also, the prototype I believe had American Seating seats while the production buses get Aries seats.

Also the window frames are changed from black to silver. While the black may look more sporty, Pace is going with what's on all their buses.

Also the window frames are changed from black to silver. While the black may look more sporty, Pace is going with what's on all their buses.

As has been the case since the days of the 2400-series NABIs (for the silver window frames) and the first order of 6162-series NABIs (for the amber Luminator Horizon signs with an additional left-side sign). The Aries seats are new to Pace (though the upholstery decorations have been in place since the first deliveries of the 2600-series ElDorado EZ Rider II buses, which have American Seating seats).

No they aren't, as MVTArider properly pointed out, they are on 2830-2831.

Thanks for the correction. What I said above was relative, not absolute.

Out here at West (where I'm at), I should see some of the white/yellow NABIs (6162-series 40-footers mainly, with some 6600-series 35-footers mixed in) to start getting transferred out of West to other divisions sometime in the coming weeks.

Also, it is slated that South and Northwest are to be getting CNG buses (manufacturer and model yet to be determined).

Thanks for the correction. What I said above was relative, not absolute.

Out here at West (where I'm at), I should see some of the white/yellow NABIs (6162-series 40-footers mainly, with some 6600-series 35-footers mixed in) to start getting transferred out of West to other divisions sometime in the coming weeks.

Also, it is slated that South and Northwest are to be getting CNG buses (manufacturer and model yet to be determined).

Probably the only place that could use the #6600's is North or NS, but as stated by Railwaymodeler, North only has four 40 foot buses, so maybe they would do better with half 35's and half 40's. South will most likely get all 40 footers. Strange North is about the only place that doesn't have at least 1 bus with a blue livery. As far as NW getting CNG's. Maybe after they rebuild the garage, unless you know something I don't know. I thought the South ones were just a test. Also I thought that they were getting NABI 45 foot CNG's. There not?

Do you have a source for NW? The only thing mentioned in the legislation and budget re CNGs is South. NW is supposed to get a new garage, but 75 CNG buses sure doesn't stock it.

Update: See the quote in the next post.

...Also I thought that they were getting NABI 45 foot CNG's. There not?

There was the original sales job by Bill Coryell, documented in this thread as happening in March 2011, also the top of that thread indicates that it was at South Holland at that time (although apparently mischaracterized as a 40C Metro, which doesn't exist). Coryell was peddling unexercised LA options.

However, given such things is that the per bus line item in the 2013 budget is a bit under $500K, which is about $100K under what a 45C then cost, the picture in the budget of the Metrolink Xcelsior at Pace HQ, and the statement in the September Minutes:

Chairman Kwasneski asked what the schedule was for the CNG buses. Mr. Ross responded that the CNG project at South Division will be finished before July of 2014. The Chairman said it was important to have firm timeframes for the project and Mr. Ross agreed.

I figure that there isn't an immediate hurry to get buses that can't be used until July, 2014, and thus there is time to put it out to bid. Just about every bus assembler makes a 40 foot CNG bus (and pretty much has to if they want to sell in southern California). Even Eldorado National.

Just to be clear, although not in production, there IS such a thing as a NABI Metro 40C.

(Pic from NYC Transit Forums)

Is it actually being used anywhere? Or is it another demonstrator?

Although Pace 834 took down the picture (and all the rest of his), my recollection was that it was one of an actual LA bus, and hence a 45C.

More like a prototype...

I believe this is what NABI is going build if its gets LACMTA's upcoming bus order, which it will most likely because LACMTA has a love affair with NABI; and the bus in the pic already has the Metro Local livery. The total order (if all options are exercised) would be 900 of these Metro 40C's.

If this happens could we see Pace piggyback on this order?

I took a trip to South Holland today. I was not disappointed as 6327 and another were in the yard.

post-14-13526748086256_thumb.jpg

post-14-13526748352989_thumb.jpg

As you can probably tell, the other was parked too packed to get its number, and since Pace 834 isn't here any more, the best you can get is what I could get outside the fence.

Other things seen there:

• Downers Grove 002, 003 and 005.
  • 6061 with its front end smashed in. The number was visible on the smashed run box. As noted in the Academy thread, this was one of two smashed buses CTA5750 saw in the West yard.

Also, as a result of numerous detours on Torrence Ave. and Ave. O coming back, I passed Adelman's, and there are a lot of retired Pace buses visible from 106th St.

You cannot be anymore correct...

I was going to say that mine hasn't shown up, but I hit the send/receive button and it did.

Now they are saying 69 buses, but confirm that the first will be in West in December.*

Interesting that they say that 15 will have express seating and luggage racks. We haven't seen that since the Nova Classics, and given that most I-55 and Tollway service is by OTR, I wonder where they are going. Maybe some for 626? Or replacing the leased buses on 877/888?

*Of course, they said that the first 6262s were going to West, but they went to NS.

For the real foamers like me, magnifying to 400x confirms that the license plate is M196326.

The side sign seems to be "Version 13.GDF" Any translation?

Taking a shot from the 3-point line, it's definitely the program file for the destination codes; and part of me thinks its a series of swear words.