New Eldorados?

artthouwill

The Eldorados are actually not bad looking buses. Perfect for short haul routes and small transit systems. I rode these in San Diego running for the MTS. I thought they looked cool. They use them for the Downtown/Airport runs, distance of two miles. They look nice in MTS colors, Red/White. I told the driver, of course I had to strike up a conversation about buses!! :)

She told me she liked them, better than the Gillig Phantoms they once ran there on the old #2 route.

#2782 was on the #230 yesterday. Don't know if it's appearing on Webwatch yet.

There appears to be a few eldo buses not appearing on Webwatch. Currently the #209/#234 interline only has 1 bus between the two routes. Also the day I saw #2782, (physical sighting) the #230 had no buses on the route according to Webwatch.

• 3 weeks later...

The Eldorados are actually not bad looking buses. Perfect for short haul routes and small transit systems. I rode these in San Diego running for the MTS. I thought they looked cool. They use them for the Downtown/Airport runs, distance of two miles. They look nice in MTS colors, Red/White. I told the driver, of course I had to strike up a conversation about buses!! :)

She told me she liked them, better than the Gillig Phantoms they once ran there on the old #2 route.

Ok, whats the idea of the (-1) Reputation??

Some one must really not like ElDorados.

Anyway, I fixed that for you. Best as I could anyway.

I have the operator's manual to the NABI 35-LFWs (Given to me by a Pace driver), and I noticed the ElDorados have the same seating capacity as a 35' NABI (Due to the ElDorado not having a rear door.)

Standee capacity, obviously, is lower.:P

I have rode the ElDorado buses in Aurora, and they are pretty comfortable. At lower city street speeds they were a good riding bus.

Now, some of the 'old hats' at North, have told me about what I assume was the 30' ElDorado Transmark buses, and how they had a drifting issue. Is that issue sorted out with new products, or is that because of a 30' bus with a short wheelbase and higher speeds (They told me the buses really drifted on highways)?

• Upvote 1

My guessing (since you pointed it out) is that NW is the front (I saw up to 2792 today on WebWatch), SW is in the back, and NS is still unfulfilled in the middle.

At least at the moment, they are showing up where we thought they would (isn't that what Dennis Green said?).

My guessing (since you pointed it out) is that NW is the front (I saw up to 2792 today on WebWatch), SW is in the back, and NS is still unfulfilled in the middle.

At least at the moment, they are showing up where we thought they would (isn't that what Dennis Green said?).

Yeah but Denny Green also said they let em off the hook and stormed off. Hopefully Pace will do better with these Eldos than the Bears did this preseason... :lol:

Anywho, the Eldos finally showed up on route 384, a long needed change from the Orions VIs. 382 will be next. I don't envision any other routes would need them so I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of around 5-6 will hit SW, which would mean 2819-2825. That'll mean the end for sure of the Nova Classics.

I know its just a little late :lol: but i just thought i would post a few pics i took back on April 20th, of your new ElDorado EZ, at the OTE expo in Mississauga, Ontario

post-496-12831282040718_thumb.jpgpost-496-12831282770711_thumb.jpgpost-496-12831283646114_thumb.jpgpost-496-12831284403739_thumb.jpgpost-496-12831285001799_thumb.jpg

Enjoy :)

Nice pics. I don't know if you remember, but in the pic there is a VanHool DD bus to the right of the Eldo (to the left on the pic). Was that a TD motorcoach or a transit bus (like the Deuce in Vegas)?

Just found out an important update; passing by First Student in Westmont, I saw El Dorados 2793 & 2794 in the lot. Neither of them had their generic fare boxes yet, but it appears they will be a part of either Lisle, Westmont, Clarendon Hills, or others in the area. Given the fact all the Orions have been gone for weeks now, this was a surprise to me. One has to wonder if 1) are more coming? 2) Are some of the 6600s on the move elsewhere? Maybe West is requesting more of them. Or maybe even North or North Shore? 6636 and 6615 were also in the lot and both of those buses usually run the 825 during rush hour. Guessing they were on injured reserve.

At least we know what should be the last one is out there.

post-14-12841238770543_thumb.jpg

Also, as far as the "injured reserve" comment, the 661 to 665 contract calls for one spare and the Lisle contract calls for two. So, I am not sure what insinuation you are making. The only assumption I am making from the above is the 2792 is that last at Northwest.

At least we know what should be the last one is out there.

post-14-12841238770543_thumb.jpg

Also, as far as the "injured reserve" comment, the 661 to 665 contract calls for one spare and the Lisle contract calls for two. So, I am not sure what insinuation you are making. The only assumption I am making from the above is the 2792 is that last at Northwest.

6636 was in the garage being worked on and that's a bus that's normally out and about during rush hour on the 825. That's what made me assume something was wrong with it. 6615 was on the side so I'm assuming that was the 1 true spare that they had yesterday. Could be different today.

Anywho, the Eldos finally showed up on route 384, a long needed change from the Orions VIs. 382 will be next. I don't envision any other routes would need them so I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of around 5-6 will hit SW, which would mean 2819-2825. That'll mean the end for sure of the Nova Classics.

In that 2815 showed up at SW, I guess a few more than you figured.

post-14-12845911407795_thumb.jpg

I have seen Eldorados on Pace route 215 for a while now but the question just occurred

to me:

Why does the bus have two (2) pipes in back instead of one?

Gene King

That came up in Subchat. After banter about style, someone there said it was for the preheater. I wondered about that, too.

This is old news. 2815, 2822, 2824, and 2825 have been on WebWatch at least a week. 2822 was first reported here.

Well I haven't been able to keep up with Webwatch as of late. I didn't know 2822 and 2824 were already out.

I saw 2825 yesterday on the 384 on 79th. It was a little crowded, but nobody was standing. And this was around 5:30pm. So it definitely can handle it.

Looking at Webwatch, at the moment, 2814, 2815, 2818, 2822, and 2824 are out at SW. Add to it 2825 which is not currently out and there are now 6 Eldos there. Most of them are on the 384 so that must be where there are the lighest amount of passengers. That means 2 things:

1. Bye bye Nova Classics. You will be missed (especially by 5750).

2. There has to be an overflow of Orions VIs at SW. Just looking at Webwatch, the following buses are not out there:

6073, 6075-6077, 6080-6082, 6085-6088, 6090-6091, 6095, 6102, 6105-6107, 6109-6112, 6052-6054, & 6057.

Now this does not count route 381, which probably has at least 7-8 of these buses out right now. But that's still leaves close to 20 of these buses not showing. I've personally saw at least 3 of these buses in recent days, especially 6095 and 6105. Both of them are Sox buses. But you have to wonder if some buses may have been shipped elsewhere?