New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Those have been on all of the 2600s. I noted in 2007 that "your seat is in for a treat."

That was when the local bus authorities were going for the seats for passengers with big booties.* Pace obviously went with the fabric with their own logo.

Actually, I think having a padded bucket seat is more comfortable.

*That being the mildest way I can put it. Note that there is also a CTA picture in their gallery for the same model of seat.

I used to ride the 2600s on routes 533 and 802 in the Aurora area. I just recently rode the 834. In the past this route ran with NABIs but this time I rode an Eldorado (I think it was 2744). There was something different about this bus compared to the 2600s, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Something around the front of the bus. Is there some change that Pace made with the newer orders of Eldos?

I used to ride the 2600s on routes 533 and 802 in the Aurora area. I just recently rode the 834. In the past this route ran with NABIs but this time I rode an Eldorado (I think it was 2744). There was something different about this bus compared to the 2600s, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Something around the front of the bus. Is there some change that Pace made with the newer orders of Eldos?

Not that I know of.

Pace 834 had a picture of the fronts here. The only thing that could have been different is that most buses have an advertising frame on the bike rack, although most of the advertising frames only have a Pace logo in them, not advertisements.

Also, some time after receiving the first 2600s, small fleet numbers were put under the windshield (to the left as a pedestrian faces the bus).

Based on WebWatch reports for the last couple of days, I went to Old Orchard to check out 2772 on 422 at 4:00 p.m. Actually it was 2768.

Giving the bus a thorough examination, there was no difference between it and 2663, which pulled in shortly thereafter on 215, except that it didn't have the advertising frame, and it did have the TIGER sticker.

I guess Pace is back to matching license plates, as this one was M182768.

Art if you are in the Naperville area anytime soon, check out bus 2766, which usually is on the COD route 714 (I saw it earlier this week, but lately it hasn't been there). That Eldo is different than any of the other Eldos out there

Eldorado #2775 has been assigned to NW Division once the farebox&IBS are completed,also,yes the new plate #'s

are M18 followed by the bus number.

Eldorado #2776 has also been assigned to NW Division,and Eldorado's@S.Holland are now up to #2801.

Eldorado #2776 has also been assigned to NW Division,and Eldorado's@S.Holland are now up to #2801.

They seem to be coming into South Holland fast, but leaving it slow. Still no sighting of 2767 up NW.

Thanks for the updates. BTW, has anyone at Pace heard about 2010?

• 2 weeks later...

Good News/Bad News... Well for me anyway... I am in a rehab center in DesPlaines For Surgery in May (UGH !). The plus? All the wonderful PACE busses I see. :huh: I see 240's and all the ones from Golf Mill returning to NW Garage. Anywho, Just wanted to report I saw 2767 on 240 this PM rush which is a change from the usual 40 footers I always see. This is fitting cause this bus is never packed.

I was@NWTC today,it was strange to see an Eldorado on the 696.

I think that the El Dorados will be on all the NW routes eventually except for 208, 223(except weekends), 250, 270, and 290. I originally thought they could be spread out, but the more I think about it, the rest of the NW routes do not need 40-footers at all.

If my above statement is true, that will mean there will be an overflow of Orion VIs. Wouldn't it be funny if they ended up back at South to take out the 40 foot 2400s? Or better yet, to Academy? CTA5750, don't pass out.

2769 is on the 270 right now. I'm not sure if I've seen an El Dorado on the 270, let alone a 35-footer. Is it a sign of the times for that route too?

That run on route 270 has been an Eldo quite a few times over the past few weeks. I think it starts on either route 240 or 241 and then interlines with the 270.