CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

No Trains Between Cicero and Western (Forest Park-branch)

Route(s):

Blue Line

Length:

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 7:17 AM

to 9:37 AM

Impact Level:

Service Disruption

Affects Train Tracker prediction availability

(What's this?)

Full Description:

Blue Line service has been temporarily suspended between Cicero and Western (Forest Park-branch) due to a derailment near Pulaski (Forest Park-branch).

As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

between Forest Park and Cicero (Forest Park-branch), and,

between Western (Forest Park-branch) and O'Hare, only.

Consider using the #7 Harrison, #12 Roosevelt, #126 Jackson, or the (#53 Pulaski bus ((for connecting service to the Green Line)), as an alternate to Blue Line service.

Shuttle buses are available to provide connecting service through the affected area bewteen Cicero and Western (Forest Park-branch).

See station personnel for further assistance, and pay attention to announcements on trains and at stations for service information.

We are working to restore service as quickly as possible. Allow extra travel time.

It looks like it got cleaned up. I didn't see any inbound trains, but there were multiple outbound trains between Cicero and Western. There weren't any trains stopped at Pulaski.

It looks like it got cleaned up. I didn't see any inbound trains, but there were multiple outbound trains between Cicero and Western. There weren't any trains stopped at Pulaski.

The bottom line is that the Blue Line is going through a total havoc. It might get to the point that NTSB can't investigate this line alone. If cta aren't getting slammed about this then I don't know what is....

The bottom line is that the Blue Line is going through a total havoc. It might get to the point that NTSB can't investigate this line alone. If cta aren't getting slammed about this then I don't know what is....

And yet, someone slammed me (to be charitable, didn't read the post carefully) that stuff like this will continue happening on the Blue Line so long as they put the worst (maybe except for the 32 or so 2400s) equipment there. I still wonder whether CTA is ginning up the works for a new tax hike campaign, based on how bad the Congress branch is.

• Upvote 2

And yet, someone slammed me (to be charitable, didn't read the post carefully) that stuff like this will continue happening on the Blue Line so long as they put the worst (maybe except for the 32 or so 2400s) equipment there. I still wonder whether CTA is ginning up the works for a new tax hike campaign, based on how bad the Congress branch is.

And still, we the ones have to suffer the harsh reality. As much I'm not into politics, the whole congress needs to be wiped out. All I can say is that this line is going to get more worse than it is now down this road.

It really is. I still remember the days of the 2600s and the 2200s roaring down the Congress tracks past people stuck in traffic. At least the CTA made the northwest side better a few years ago.

Sometimes I see that the WA box is activated and there are workers on the tracks. Hopefully they're part of a bigger project of rebuilding the Congress branch. It really needs it at this point, and I won't find anyone who disagrees.

Sometimes I see that the WA box is activated and there are workers on the tracks. Hopefully they're part of a bigger project of rebuilding the Congress branch. It really needs it at this point, and I won't find anyone who disagrees.

No, because the rebuild is tied into the IDOT project to rebuild the expressway. Probably just band aids at this point.

9/11/14 1:32a

Construction Alert For 9/11/14 @ 9:30a until 2p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Green

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: 63rd-bound trains will not stop at 51st station.

• Service to 51st: Take a 63rd-bound train to Garfield and transfer to a Harlem/Lake-bound train
  • Service from 51st: Take a Harlem/Lake-bound train to 47th and transfer to a 63rd-bound train.

This is due to platform improvements to the 51st St. station

9/12/14 1:07a

Construction Alert For 9/12/14 @ 9:30a until 2p

• Service to 51st: Take a 63rd-bound train to Garfield and transfer to a Harlem/Lake-bound train
  • Service from 51st: Take a Harlem/Lake-bound train to 47th and transfer to a 63rd-bound train.

9/13/14 1:18a

Overnight until Late Morning Rail Alert

Upcoming Alert For 9/6/14 @ 1:40a until 11:40a

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted w/Alternate Service Available

Information: Trains operate between Harlem/Lake, Downtown(Loop Elevated), and Roosevelt and between 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Ashland/63rd, and Cottage Grove.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT. Free transfer between Shuttle Buses and Rail Service is only available at Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, and requires the farecard used to pay your fare at the start of your trip.

This is due to construction of the new Cermak-McCormick Place station

9/14/14 1:14a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 9/14/14 @ 6:50a until 7p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Minor Delays

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Fullerton and Sedgwick. Board/Exit all trains on the Kimball-bound platform at the Armitage station.

This is due to structural improvements to remove slow zones and improve rail service on the Brown Line as part of the Ravenswood Connector Rehabilitation Project.

I was talking to the guy (in the first photo) about this work and he told me that they're doing some kind of angling work for the Brown Line trains can operate safely (Halsted Street). Nova WB-2 is present.

Great pictures. Flange angle is a top job for the iron workers. They replace that top angle on track griders seen in your pictures. It's a day's work, all year long.

• Upvote 1

9/15/14 12:33a

Construction Alert For 9/15/14 @ 9:30a until 2p

9/16/14 12:40a

Construction Alert For 9/16/14 @ 9:30a until 2p

9/16/14 11:02p

Construction Alert For 9/17/14 @ 9:30a until 2p

9/19/14 11:59p

Upcoming Alert For 9/19/14 @ 10p until 9/21/14 @ 7p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Jackson and Racine. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at LaSalle, Clinton and UIC-Halsted.

Note: On Saturday and Sunday, some trips will begin/end at LaSalle. Listen carefully to train announcements.

This is due to IDOT construction of the Peoria St. Overpass.

9/20/14 12:06a

Construction Alert For 9/20/14 @ 8a until 4:30p

Information: Board/Exit Loop-bound trains on the Red Line side of the Loop and 95th-bound platform at Fullerton.

This is due to building repairs being done at 990 W. Fullerton.

9/21/14 12:36a

Construction Alert For 9/21/14 @ 8a until 4:30p

Information: Board/Exit Loop-bound trains on the Red Line side of the Loop and 95th-bound platform at Fullerton.

This is due to building repairs being done at 990 W. Fullerton.

9/23/14 12:46a

***Late Night Rail Alert***

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disruption w/Reroute

Information: Trains have been rerouted from the State St. Subway to the Elevated Lines between Fullerton and Cermak-Chinatown due to Police Activity.

95th-bound service: After stopping at Fullerton, trains will be diverted via the Elevated Lines and make the following stops:

• Armitage
  • Sedgwick
  • Chicago
  • Merchandise Mart
  • Clark/Lake(Transfer to Blue Line Subway)
  • State/Lake
  • Randolph/Wabash
  • Madison/Wabash
  • Adams/Wabash
  • Roosevelt

Then trains will stop at Cermak-Chinatown and make all stops to 95th/Dan Ryan

Howard-bound service: After stopping at Cermak-Chinatown, trains will be diverted via the Elevated Lines listed above in the opposite order through Armitage and then make all normal stops from Fullerton to Howard.

9/26/14 10:46p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 9/27/14 @ 6a until 6p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Fullerton and Sedgwick. Board/Exit all trains on the Loop-bound platform at the Armitage station.

This is due to structural improvements to remove slow zones and improve rail service on the Brown Line as part of the Ravenswood Connector Rehabilitation Project.

9/26/14 10:50p

Overnight until Late Morning Rail Alert

Upcoming Alert For 9/27/14 @ 1:40a until 11:40a

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted w/Alternate Service Available

Information: Trains operate between Harlem/Lake, Downtown(Loop Elevated), and Roosevelt and between 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Ashland/63rd, and Cottage Grove.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT. Free transfer between Shuttle Buses and Rail Service is only available at Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, and requires the farecard used to pay your fare at the start of your trip.

This is due to construction of the new Cermak-McCormick Place station

• Upvote 1