CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

I don't know what's going on at jeff pk blue line but everyone is off the sb and are standing on the platform. two followers are stuck behind it. A third is stuck at harlem and a fourth is stranded on the Oriole curve. #2907-08 is in the third's consist. They are annoucing you can ride the #56. Uh oh been stuck now for about 20-30 minutes.

I don't know what's going on at jeff pk blue line but everyone is off the sb and are standing on the platform. two followers are stuck behind it. A third is stuck at harlem and a fourth is stranded on the Oriole curve. #2907-08 is in the third's consist. They are annoucing you can ride the #56. Uh oh been stuck now for about 20-30 minutes. Now they are holding the nb's at harlem/higgins they must have trains stranded coming back from o'hare now too. What a mess!!

Southbound Blue Line Service Delayed at Jefferson Park

Route(s):

Blue Line

Stop(s):

Jefferson Park

Length:

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 7:02 PM

to TBD

Impact Level:

Major Delays

Full Description:

Southbound Blue Line trains are standing at Jefferson Park due to a door problem on a train; crews are working to restore service.

Shuttle buses are being provided between O'Hare and Jefferson Park. Please use #56 buses from Jefferson Park to the Loop as an alternative to Blue Line service.

Allow extra travel time.

• Upvote 1

Southbound Blue Line Service Delayed at Jefferson Park

Route(s):

Blue Line

Stop(s):

Jefferson Park

Length:

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 7:02 PM

to TBD

Impact Level:

Major Delays

Full Description:

Southbound Blue Line trains are standing at Jefferson Park due to a door problem on a train; crews are working to restore service.

Shuttle buses are being provided between O'Hare and Jefferson Park. Please use #56 buses from Jefferson Park to the Loop as an alternative to Blue Line service.

Allow extra travel time.

Wow! Imagine that!!!

It's crazy because my train was halted for nearly 20 minutes and I was at Forest Park heading downtown!!!!

I was just driving along the Eisenhower from the Circle Interchange to the Austin exit and I only saw one train during the drive. Maybe it was yours. :ph34r:

Usually I see one coming out of the tunnel at UIC, and one at Cicero, not counting the inbound trains.

I was just driving along the Eisenhower from the Circle Interchange to the Austin exit and I only saw one train during the drive. Maybe it was yours. :ph34r:

Usually I see one coming out of the tunnel at UIC, and one at Cicero, not counting the inbound trains.

If you spotted that one going towards downtown, I'm damn sure you indeed saw me go past you. I was on the fourth car (#3091).

Dang, I should have noted the car numbers.

That door problem must have been something from what other forum members have said. The CTA says the Blue Line still has residual delays.

It has to be something else beside the door problem because it's just not adding up well to me.

7/17/14 1:38a

Construction Alert For 7/17/14 @ 9a until 2p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Green

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: Harlem/Lake-bound trains will not stop at 51st station.

• Service to 51st: Take a Harlem/Lake-bound train to 47th and transfer to a 63rd-bound train
  • Service from 51st: Take a 63rd-bound train to Garfield and transfer to a Harlem/Lake-bound train.

This is due to platform improvements to the 51st St. station.

7/18/14 1:41a

Construction Alert For 7/18/14 @ 9a until 2p

• Service to 51st: Take a Harlem/Lake-bound train to 47th and transfer to a 63rd-bound train
  • Service from 51st: Take a 63rd-bound train to Garfield and transfer to a Harlem/Lake-bound train.

7/18/14 1:05p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: Major Delays

Information: Howard-bound trains are standing at 63rd due to a mechanical problem on a train.

Alternate Service: Use #29 State buses as an alternate to rail service.

7/19/14 12:49a

Construction Alert For 7/19/14 @ 6:30a until 7p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Minor Delays

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Sedgwick and Fullerton. Board/Exit all trains on the Loop-bound platform at Armitage.

This is due to structural improvements to remove slow zones and improve rail service on the Brown Line as part of the Ravenswood Connector Rehabilitation Project.

7/19/14 12:55a

Overnight until Late Morning Rail Alert

Upcoming Alert For 7/19/14 @ 1:40a until 11:40a

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted w/Alternate Service Available

Information: Trains operate between Harlem/Lake, Downtown(Loop Elevated), and Roosevelt and between 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Ashland/63rd, and Cottage Grove.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT. Free transfer between Shuttle Buses and Rail Service is only available at Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, and requires the farecard used to pay your fare at the start of your trip.

This is due to construction of the new Cermak-McCormick Place station.

7/20/14 12:52a

Construction Alert For 7/20/14 @ 6:30a until 7p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Sedgwick and Fullerton. Board/Exit all trains on the Loop-bound platform at Armitage.

This is due to structural improvements to remove slow zones and improve rail service on the Brown Line as part of the Ravenswood Connector Rehabilitation Project.

7/20/14 12:53a

Overnight until Late Morning Rail Alert

Upcoming Alert For 7/20/14 @ 1:40a until 11:40a

Information: Trains operate between Harlem/Lake, Downtown(Loop Elevated), and Roosevelt and between 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Ashland/63rd, and Cottage Grove.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT. Free transfer between Shuttle Buses and Rail Service is only available at Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, and requires the farecard used to pay your fare at the start of your trip.

This is due to construction of the new Cermak-McCormick Place station.

7/21/14 12:05a

Construction Alert For 7/21/14 @ 9a until 2p

7/22/14 12:07a

Construction Alert For 7/22/14 @ 9a until 2p

7/23/14 12:27a

Construction Alert For 7/23/14 @ 9a until 2p

7/25/14 2:05p

Upcoming Alert For 7/25/14 @ 10p until 7/28/14 @ 4a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Information: Trains operate between O-Hare and Logan Square and between Western(O-Hare Branch), Downtown(Dearborn St. Subway) and Forest Park.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Western(O-Hare Branch) and Logan Square. Free Transfer between Shuttle Buses and rail service is only available at Western and Logan Square, and requires the farecard used to pay your fare at the start of your trip.

This is due to track improvements to eliminate slow zones and improve rail service along the Blue Line.

7/26/14 2:00a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 7/26/14 @ 6a until 6p

Information: Board/Exit Howard-bound Red Line trains on the Brown Line(Kimball) side of the platform at the Fullerton station.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Red Line.

7/26/14 2:04a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 7/26/14 @ 6:30a until 7p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Fullerton and Sedgwick.

• 6:30a-12p: Board/Exit all trains on the Kimball-bound platform at the Armitage station.
  • 12p-7p: Board/Exit all trains on the Loop-bound platform at the Armitage station.

7/27/14 12:58a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 7/28/14 @ 6a until 6p

Information: Board/Exit Howard-bound Red Line trains on the Brown Line(Kimball) side of the platform at the Fullerton station.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Red Line.