NEW CTA Audio?

ial

2 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

All except pink used to quote “to downtown” originally” I forgot when brown line started saying to the loop, it might be the same period when they switched to saying “this is a brown line train” similar to the purple express announcement every stop

I remember that brown line switch was in 2011

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The Polk announcement is from when the Blue Line still ran rush hour service to/from 54/Cermak.  We also hear the original and current announcements for Ashland. 

Also curiously, Pink, Purple,  and Brown trains go to the Loop, and Orange Line trains announced Downtown, even though signage says Loop.  That last statement excludes Orange/Brown combos.

I think the Orange Line has been saying "to downtown" for a minute, I felt like I heard it over the summer, but ofc I could be wrong. I think it's because it runs to the airport, "downtown" is more familiar to tourists and newcomers than "the loop"

10 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I think the Orange Line has been saying "to downtown" for a minute, I felt like I heard it over the summer, but ofc I could be wrong. I think it's because it runs to the airport, "downtown" is more familiar to tourists and newcomers than "the loop"

I suppose,  even though the airport announcement says downtown.  I was thinking more uniformity among the elevated lines.  Either they should all say downtown or all should say "to the Loop."  All of the signs say Loop, not downtown (Pink,  Purple,  Brown,  and Orange).  There is a black Downtown sign on the mylar curtains on the 2600s 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

All except pink started with “to downtown”. Brown and purple must have gotten an update that orange never did. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 2:47 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah the Orange and Purple Lines say “Downtown” instead of “Loop” that Brown and Pink Line trains say when announcing the trains color and destination.