NEW CTA Audio?

ial

Also another interesting fact is that on most of the lines the CTA man would do this during announcements Next is Kedzie (Then in prerecorded voice which sounds louder and deeper "doors open on the right) at Kedzie..........this i guess is to help the confusion of new and visiting riders traveling the CTA but also to correct the mistakes of the past of not adding just this little feature to enhance rider awareness. I tried to get audio for the Yellow Line but the operator seemed that just because it was Sunday that it wasn't ok to play the recorded information to passengers on the trip to and from Skokie.........shame i was kind of disappointed but next time i will get that audio for the yellow line.

The "doors open on the right" (or left) has always been standard operating procedure for Mr. CTA, unless the train could use platforms on either side (such as at Howard or Linden). Usually at the beginning of the run, it would say "In the direction of travel, doors open on the left at Central" (e.g.).

One would think that the description would be an ADA requirement for the blind.

BTW, you didn't get the point of my last post.

There is a new 'Attention customers, and inbound/outbound train from the Loop will be arriving shortly" announcement at the Roosevelt Green/Orange station. It is a different lady from the rest of the stations, and certainly not the crabby sounding lady.

The CTA lady is a special feature on the Green Line that was a test pilot but has seem to become a Green Line feature but please note that this announcment is not featured on the Wabash or Lake legs of the Green between Roosevelt/Wabash (Red Orange Green Line transfer) and the Ashland/Lake (Green Pink Line transfer)

The "doors open on the right" (or left) has always been standard operating procedure for Mr. CTA, unless the train could use platforms on either side (such as at Howard or Linden). Usually at the beginning of the run, it would say "In the direction of travel, doors open on the left at Central" (e.g.).

One would think that the description would be an ADA requirement for the blind.

BTW, you didn't get the point of my last post.

But if u pay close attention the CTA man will make that assertive LOUD AND FIRM door direction announcment between the station announcment @ ur last comment whdt do you mean

The CTA lady is a special feature on the Green Line that was a test pilot but has seem to become a Green Line feature but please note that this announcment is not featured on the Wabash or Lake legs of the Green between Roosevelt/Wabash (Red Orange Green Line transfer) and the Ashland/Lake (Green Pink Line transfer)

She hasn't made it south of Roosevelt (at least not at 35th/Bronzeville/IIT nor has she made it west at all.

OK......................... i have exciting news, i have recorded new audio from the CTA Brown, Red, Pink,Green and Blue Lines and hope to upload them asap. I've noticed a couple of things, the Library State Van Buran Stop is now called the Harold Library State Van Buran

The Harold library stop signs have been up about a month, but when I passed through there the onboard train announcement still said library-State and Van Buren and made no reference to Harold. Didn't see anything on the car cards either to reflect that. At least the red line car cards do reflect that Cermak-Chinatown is now handicapped accessible. So I guess the other one is a work in progress.

The CTA Tattler seems to have a more intelligible explanation of this

Also, the explanation sounds related to the complaint posted here a bit back that the message wasn't saying "right."

thank for that artcle it is everything that i have addressed. the audio will be posted up next week as i am still doing edits on the audio and the washington harold library announcement is featured on the pink line and it sounds more intune with the station that it is serving but it took the CTA a loooooong time to get the library/state/van buren announcement together period

Don't know if anyone has noticed but the standard "this is a **** Line train to Downtown" has been edited as well. On the Brown Line, it now says, "This is a Brown Line train to the loop".

yes ive notice that on all lines they say "loop" but interesting the blue line intro from ohare stills says to downtown and forest park and the red line intro says to downtown and 95 (note they dont say dan ryan why not lets be correct cta) the reason why they do that is because they go through downtown/loop and the brown pink orange purple line express actually terminating (the continue and do not layover on the loop only at their respected terminals) at the loop

• 8 years later...
18 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Not much has been said about Rail Announcements on here anymore.  However, I have something for all of you.  Here is the WHOLE program for the Red Line to Ashland/63.   I hope you all enjoy.

I love how that’s my recording on the 0:30 in the video the one I recorded where’s my credit???

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Original announcement at Polk, 2006.  June 25th was the 14th anniversary of the Pink Line.

I recently bought the MTH 3200s that are pink like the 2600s were when they first made their runs on the Pink Lines, and the 5000s when they were wrapped pink for the 10th anniversary of the Pink Line. The motor car of the set has the same “Happy 10th Birthday Pink Line!” on it as the 5000s.

I wonder if they’ll wrap the trains pink for any more anniversaries.

1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I hope they do that next year for the 15th.  They should also wrap the bonnets of the trains.  One thing I didn't like about the 10th anniversary wrap was the fact they didn't wrap the bonnets Pink.

Yeah I don’t know why they didn’t wrap them the second time around. The 2600s had them wrapped.

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

The Polk announcement is from when the Blue Line still ran rush hour service to/from 54/Cermak.  We also hear the original and current announcements for Ashland. 

Also curiously, Pink, Purple,  and Brown trains go to the Loop, and Orange Line trains announced Downtown, even though signage says Loop.  That last statement excludes Orange/Brown combos.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

The Polk announcement is from when the Blue Line still ran rush hour service to/from 54/Cermak.  We also hear the original and current announcements for Ashland. 

Also curiously, Pink, Purple,  and Brown trains go to the Loop, and Orange Line trains announced Downtown, even though signage says Loop.  That last statement excludes Orange/Brown combos.

All except pink used to quote “to downtown” originally” I forgot when brown line started saying to the loop, it might be the same period when they switched to saying “this is a brown line train” similar to the purple express announcement every stop