Random Pace

Busjack

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting day.  My driver on the 313 ran the "regular route" today.  Apparently  he was unaware that the route was on a detour for the last 10 months.  He hadn't  driven the route for over 10 months.  We got to see the Pace covered all of the bus stops along the regular route in Villa Park with garbage bags.  I've noted drivers missing turns on normal routes, but never a driver being wrong for running a correct route.  The detour is still in place.

14 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Interesting day.  My driver on the 313 ran the "regular route" today.  Apparently  he was unaware that the route was on a detour for the last 10 months.  He hadn't  driven the route for over 10 months.  We got to see the Pace covered all of the bus stops along the regular route in Villa Park with garbage bags.  I've noted drivers missing turns on normal routes, but never a driver being wrong for running a correct route.  The detour is still in place.

I still don't know why they don't have navigation in the gps.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, artthouwill said:

Because there were probably buses stuck on the  other side as well.  And who is to say that they didn't  short turn a bus or two AFTER traffic flow resumed.   

Yeah but having all the buses stuck on one side of town does nothing for the other side of town. They could have easily terminated service at North riverside mall seems senseless to go to Ogden if that was the destination. At least you could have service north of Cermak.

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but having all the buses stuck on one side of town does nothing for the other side of town. They could have easily terminated service at North riverside mall seems senseless to go to Ogden if that was the destination. At least you could have service north of Cermak.

You have to remember there are people north of Ogden going south and vice versa.  

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

You have to remember there are people north of Ogden going south and vice versa.  

That's o.k. Pace and BNSF subscribe to Operation Lifesaver's advice to walk under the carsxD.

Seriously, one can't tell from WebWatch what directions dispatch gave to the bus drivers.

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yeah but its not a lot of people hence the Ogden short turn. I know that the south end loses but the whole line loses if everything is parked. Why not run the buses over to 1st avenue? There is no standard reroute? Like Archer/knox goes to 47th/knox.

Yeah but its not a lot of people hence the Ogden short turn. I know that the south end loses but the whole line loses if everything is parked. Why not run the buses over to 1st avenue? There is no standard reroute? Like Archer/knox goes to 47th/knox.

I'll repeat what I said above.

First, there was probably no immediate knowledge of a  stuck train.  Secondly, unlike cars that can just u turn, buses are limited to what they can do.  Thirdly, they cant just improvise but get authorization from dispatchers.  Fourth, we don't know  if the dispatchers were given enough information to warrant a  reroute or were told the problem was a quick fix and kept the buses on route based on information given to them.  Every stoppage of traffic doesn't  warrant a reroute, especially when you don't  have all of the information.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

First, there was probably no immediate knowledge of a  stuck train.  Secondly, unlike cars that can just u turn, buses are limited to what they can do.  Thirdly, they cant just improvise but get authorization from dispatchers.  Fourth, we don't know  if the dispatchers were given enough information to warrant a  reroute or were told the problem was a quick fix and kept the buses on route based on information given to them.  Every stoppage of traffic doesn't  warrant a reroute, especially when you don't  have all of the information.

I think someone wants a job in South Holland (or wherever the Trapeze console is).

13 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Btw Ogden is no longer a short turn.  Short turns are now NB at Harlem/North Blvd in Oak Park.  All SB buses go to 63rd/Archer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://pacebus.com/sub/news_events/press_release_detail.asp?ReleaseID=690

http://pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route_detail.asp?RouteNo=754

Must be a lot of money for the service to be free. I wonder why Clinton Blue Line out of all the possible termini was chosen.

--------------

Pulse Fall Newsletter

http://pulse.pacebus.com/images/documents/PULSE-Fall-Newsletter_2018.pdf

41 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

http://pacebus.com/sub/news_events/press_release_detail.asp?ReleaseID=690

http://pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route_detail.asp?RouteNo=754

Must be a lot of money for the service to be free. I wonder why Clinton Blue Line out of all the possible termini was chosen.

--------------

Pulse Fall Newsletter

http://pulse.pacebus.com/images/documents/PULSE-Fall-Newsletter_2018.pdf

You're about a month behind.

It was explained at the Board Meeting that Lewis University is paying for a deadhead.

• 2 weeks later...