CTA Accidents

garmon757

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

An accident was avoided today after the operator of 1169 forgot to engage the parking brake after getting off . The bus turned off after idling & lost all power including power to the station brake , so it started rolling .

IMG_8265.mov

Yeah....that's ummm..... I've seen a lot of things but that's a new one for sure.

56 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

An accident was avoided today after the operator of 1169 forgot to engage the parking brake after getting off . The bus turned off after idling & lost all power including power to the station brake , so it started rolling .

IMG_8265.mov

Dam that's a first I've seen hell lucky it didn't hit anyone & that the curb there stopped it but why they try to stop the bus with their hands ain't no way you can just stop that like it's a car

3 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam that's a first I've seen hell lucky it didn't hit anyone & that the curb there stopped it but why they try to stop the bus with their hands ain't no way you can just stop that like it's a car

Hell i get the supervisor & that operator from the 95 thought they had superpowers . Nonetheless it’s a good thing they were right there because it would’ve kept rolling after it bounced back & hit the bus that was in front of it .

5 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

Hell i get the supervisor & that operator from the 95 thought they had superpowers . Nonetheless it’s a good thing they were right there because it would’ve kept rolling after it bounced back & hit the bus that was in front of it .

I'm glad old girl was able to get over there to get in the window but I rather it roll forward & bump into a parked bus that was by the wall then for either one of them possibly get hurt & innocent cars get hit 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iamlocoooo said:

IMG_8265.mov

We've discussed this before.  Always put the bus in Neutral AND set the parking brake

Holding the bus with the back door is always a bad idea, especially if the driver is getting off the bus

The operator should know that nuses that sit on normal idle for too long will shut down

Why drivers don't like using the fast idle is another thing that I don't understand.   I've seen CTA AND Pace buses shut down like this and most of the time the operator is off the bus when it happens.  Mercifully they had the parking brake on..

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

We've discussed this before.  Always put the bus in Neutral AND set the parking brake

Holding the bus with the back door is always a bad idea, especially if the driver is getting off the bus

The operator should know that nuses that sit on normal idle for too long will shut down

Why drivers don't like using the fast idle is another thing that I don't understand.   I've seen CTA AND Pace buses shut down like this and most of the time the operator is off the bus when it happens.  Mercifully they had the parking brake on..

Yea somebody getting suspended if not fired for this always set the parking brake never fully rely on this I've then got buses where the driver left a bus like this & I took the bus & I be like what a dumbass 

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Why drivers don't like using the fast idle is another thing that I don't understand. 

Cities don't like the air pollution. For instance, when 201 and the Ridge/Grant bus had a layover at Central/Crawford, Evanston made CTA turn off the bus if it were to sit for more than 5 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Cities don't like the air pollution. For instance, when 201 and the Ridge/Grant bus had a layover at Central/Crawford, Evanston made CTA turn off the bus if it were to sit for more than 5 minutes.

Chicago also has a bus idling ordinance, but it seems like its only enforced on motorcoach companies.  CTA can do whatever they want.

As an operator, you really don't want to shut down a bus unless you know you are going to be parked for a substantial amount of time.  It doesn't take long for the interior of the bus to heat up on the summer or get cold in the winter.  Nowadays you can't just start the bus.  While it takes less than 10 seconds, the computers have to run its diagnostics before the bus can actually be started. The linger the bus sits, the linger it has to "air up."  Without sufficient PSI. there are no brakes, no a/c or heat. 

Buses idling on normal idle for a long period of time isn't good on the motor, which is probably why fast idle was created and probably why modern buses are designed to shut down on low idle after a few minutes.  If a driver is going to leave his bus running, setting the fast idle after setting the parking brake and putting the bus in Neutral should ensure the bus doesn't shut down.

Funny how cities can be concerned about some buses idling, but not the millions of cars polluting the air in constant traffic jams every day.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Chicago also has a bus idling ordinance, but it seems like its only enforced on motorcoach companies.  CTA can do whatever they want.

As an operator, you really don't want to shut down a bus unless you know you are going to be parked for a substantial amount of time.  It doesn't take long for the interior of the bus to heat up on the summer or get cold in the winter.  Nowadays you can't just start the bus.  While it takes less than 10 seconds, the computers have to run its diagnostics before the bus can actually be started. The linger the bus sits, the linger it has to "air up."  Without sufficient PSI. there are no brakes, no a/c or heat. 

Buses idling on normal idle for a long period of time isn't good on the motor, which is probably why fast idle was created and probably why modern buses are designed to shut down on low idle after a few minutes.  If a driver is going to leave his bus running, setting the fast idle after setting the parking brake and putting the bus in Neutral should ensure the bus doesn't shut down.

Funny how cities can be concerned about some buses idling, but not the millions of cars polluting the air in constant traffic jams every day.

Man I always leave my bus running I've have then had 10-25 min layovers at the end of the line but I always put it in N & setting the brake cause I jump off & use my phone or go get food depends on where I'm at 

23 hours ago, iamlocoooo said:

I’d appreciate it if you all will stop reposting my video as your own on Youtube . Any channel seen with my video posted will be receiving a copyright strike , no exceptions .

12 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

I’d appreciate it if you all will stop reposting my video as your own on Youtube . Any channel seen with my video posted will be receiving a copyright strike , no exceptions .

Well I posted but I never claimed it to be my video or anything but I see who the snitch is that's making a big dam deal about it I was just showing how the bus was a runaway bus with the caption explaining how it happened 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Well I posted but I never claimed it to be my video or anything but I see who the snitch is that's making a big dam deal about it I was just showing how the bus was a runaway bus with the caption explaining how it happened 

I could be wrong,  but I don't think the issue is reposting the video as much S it is crediting him for the video. Which I think is also part of the Community guidelunes.  YouTube videos are meant to be shared, but adding a statement like " credit for video goes to..." or ," ( content creator)' channel" eliminates this problem.  It's no different from podti6photos.  If you personally didn't take the photos. Give credit to the photographer or the source where the photo came from.

1 hour ago, iamlocoooo said:

In everyone's defense no one repisted your videos per se

You posted a comment beneath the video.  People were quoting you to respond and the video you posted was included in rhe comment quoted.  That's not the same as someone uploading your video to their post and not giving you credit.  You even responded to and quoted @Shannoncvpi original response

It wasn't a problem then.  So in this case, anyone that quoted your initial post about the rolling bus did NOT violate any rules or do anything wrong.  If you still feel like you don't want to see your videos seen on a response post, then don't upload any videos here.  Then if someone posts a video of yours, especially if they don't credit you, then you have grounds to report them.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I could be wrong,  but I don't think the issue is reposting the video as much S it is crediting him for the video. Which I think is also part of the Community guidelunes.  YouTube videos are meant to be shared, but adding a statement like " credit for video goes to..." or ," ( content creator)' channel" eliminates this problem.  It's no different from podti6photos.  If you personally didn't take the photos. Give credit to the photographer or the source where the photo came from.

Now if I had of said the video was mines then that would have been bogus of me but I put explaining what happened but somebody just had to snitch like I said it was mines no biggie I just know to keep my distance  

11 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Now if I had of said the video was mines then that would have been bogus of me but I put explaining what happened but somebody just had to snitch like I said it was mines no biggie I just know to keep my distance  

@artthouwill's last comment is the pertinent one. It would be one thing if someone downloaded the YouTube video file and posted the file somewhere else. But just clicking the QUOTE button here doesn't do that. All it does is copy a link, and the quote box clearly says what the origin is.

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

@artthouwill's last comment is the pertinent one. It would be one thing if someone downloaded the YouTube video file and posted the file somewhere else. But just clicking the QUOTE button here doesn't do that. All it does is copy a link, and the quote box clearly says what the origin is.

Aw I guess well if I get in trouble with youtube idc it aint the first time 

18 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

My video , my rules . Don’t repost my stuff .

Simple as that .

Well just say that he'll it's not even that deep i didn't even claim it as I know you saw the caption I put from your snitching ass friend it wasn't even that deep for him to run & snitch now if I had of said a video I filmed or said it was my vid then I can see where the issue lies but since I didn't your boy out here snitching instead of minding the business that pays him nowhere in my cap where I claimed the video but it's all cool I see it's rats in this group 

For future reference if I post a video I dont any of you repost it on any site it's the internet & don't come snitching to me about it I out it out there for the world to see so I don't care if any of you real people repost it you snitches just block me now no respect for rats 

• Upvote 1